The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Time for nerfs

Bedus

Small list of BS in pvp that is totally broken and ruin gameplay:

1. Scoundrel/operative rolling in stealth, dont get any damage from pits in huttball, most of my matches ends in less than 4 min cos of stealth bastard in score line just after we start match. NERF put cd on this stupid ability, change that its usable only out of stealth, its incredibly OP

2.Immortality bubble of sorc/sage breaking gameplay, just put this amazing thing and w8 for heal, your cds, reinforcements to come, NERF, cut healing in bubble to none, im not sure about CD on this ability but if is shorter than 3 min change that, make this usable only at 30% hp

3.Healing is way op right now, put 30% reduction on heal in WZ, its impossible to kill anyone in teams with more than 2-3 healers

4.Change tanks in huttball , u cant run, charge, be pulled, etc when carrying ball, tanks got way to many ways to jump, run, avoid damage with they stupid cds, not counting guard/taunt, and if you got healer on tank u can forget about stopping him, clearly OP and gamebreaking, pressing Saber Ward cant be iwin button in this game

Dunno whats really changed in tdays patch but im dying way to fast, and yes i got full pvp gear, lvl 55, im losing 60% hp on assasin opener, *** is that? I just droping in seconds under sorc spamm, not mention freaking leapers and burst they bring, 7k dispatch is ok right..

Honestly pvp turned to BS, if your team got no tank or atlest 2 healers u get rolfstomped by enemy team i dont think so its the way it use to be, this bring me memories from WoW where u can be almost 1 shooted by some class.

please discuss, please dont bring some l2p or anything, i bet all can see that pvp is broken at this moment

Any complaining before tuesdays patch is pointless, they said they heard us and would tune it up in the patch. Did you want them to bring the game down on saturday night for the fix?

Patch is out, im playing right now

Small list of BS in pvp that is totally broken and ruin gameplay:

1. Scoundrel/operative rolling in stealth, dont get any damage from pits in huttball, most of my matches ends in less than 4 min cos of stealth bastard in score line just after we start match. NERF put cd on this stupid ability, change that its usable only out of stealth, its incredibly OP

False. You will take damage if you roll over the fire. If slowed you'll roll halfway into the fire and it's pretty much a trip to the spawn point.

Stealth is nothing new in huttball, if you hold the middle, the threat of stealth scores is neutralized.

Mercenary so far on 55, got PT, Mara, operative and sage on lvl 50

Then point your self at point 3 of your post and be OP :)

also, you are not losing 40% of your HP from assassin/shadow opener, unless your pvp gear is centurion.

use electro net on leapers

pull on ball carrier works both directions, you can be pulled by friend or by foe into fire to burn...

operatives are not getting into other team lines 'in seconds', get your operative to 51 and see how it sucks up energy pool (but I would agree that it's wrong if you can roll in stealth thro firetrap with not breaking stealth)

also, passing the ball is so OP... I mean you press a button, and ball goes away.. I know :o

Then point your self at point 3 of your post and be OP :)

also, you are not losing 40% of your HP from assassin/shadow opener, unless your pvp gear is centurion.

use electro net on leapers

pull on ball carrier works both directions, you can be pulled by friend or by foe into fire to burn...

operatives are not getting into other team lines 'in seconds', get your operative to 51 and see how it sucks up energy pool (but I would agree that it's wrong if you can roll in stealth thro firetrap with not breaking stealth)

also, passing the ball is so OP... I mean you press a button, and ball goes away.. I know :o

I know how much hp im losing to assasin opener

Im not a healer

I dont need lecture how use elecro net, only problem with net is very long cd

I dont care whats works both sides, its utter stupid in huttball

And yes its true operatives can roll extremly fast in stealth

Why this irony about passing ball....

Edited by Bedus

OP is fairly right about #3 - so far.

Not really subscribing to the rest.

Possibly, but I have yet to see a team with more than 2-3 healers, and even then I think it is a matter of tactics. If the players are healing, then they're not dealing damage, so choose targets carefully and coordinate attacks. I just finished a trio of warzones this morning with my level 18 healer, and on the first zone, the Imps were coming at me and a tank ally in groups of two/three, and going for the tank. Um... that's a bad move. If there's a healer on, GO FOR THE HEALER FIRST!

I hate to say that (since I play a healer!), but it's the truth. The two of us held that point for most of the match because they kept going for him first. They finally wised up, brought a pair of stealth players in, and wiped me fast before the tank could do much. After that, it was gravy and we had to work our butts off to take back the point.

I prefer to think that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. If every game were the same, what would be the point in playing at all?

Edited by -Wes-

3.Healing is way op right now, put 30% reduction on heal in WZ, its impossible to kill anyone in teams with more than 2-3 healers

Like it should be.

but they shouldn't kill you either

(My statement is based on two teams with the same skilllevel, if one is worse than the other that's not a balance issue)

and to refer to a post of mine in another thread:

Yay, we're in the circle that always runs in mmos:

Healers heal -> dps can't roflstomp healers pre 1.2 and post 2.0-> dps cries for heal nerf -> heal gets nerfed 1.2 -> dps roflstomp healers -> dps asks: "why are there no healers on our team?" -> dps cries about not getting healed enough -> healers get buffed -> back to the start

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Possibly, but I have yet to see a team with more than 2-3 healers, and even then I think it is a matter of tactics. If the players are healing, then they're not dealing damage, so choose targets carefully and coordinate attacks. I just finished a trio of warzones this morning with my level 18 healer, and on the first zone, the Imps were coming at me and a tank ally in groups of two/three, and going for the tank. Um... that's a bad move. If there's a healer on, GO FOR THE HEALER FIRST!

I hate to say that (since I play a healer!), but it's the truth. The two of us held that point for most of the match because they kept going for him first. They finally wised up, brought a pair of stealth players in, and wiped me fast before the tank could do much. After that, it was gravy and we had to work our butts off to take back the point.

I prefer to think that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. If every game were the same, what would be the point in playing at all?

Not always is easy to go for healer, in most cases they got guard on them and tank with taunts, not mentioning teamates that offheal/peel/etc, ofc i agree with You that healer is main target, still its vey very hard to kill good healer right now

2.Immortality bubble of sorc/sage breaking gameplay, just put this amazing thing and w8 for heal, your cds, reinforcements to come, NERF, cut healing in bubble to none, im not sure about CD on this ability but if is shorter than 3 min change that, make this usable only at 30% hp

Hah that is funny - sages cannot move, cannot cast anything, using one spell or one move will break this ... If you wanna nerf this so nerf the immortality of the Jedi Knights - they have realy unbreakable bubble or cooldown where they can move, deal damage and get 0 dmg from oponents for at least 6 seconds - nerf this and you can nerf sages bubble.

Edited by Drahy

I know how much hp im losing to assasin opener

Im not a healer

I dont need lecture how use elecro net, only problem with net is very long cd

I dont care whats works both sides, its utter stupid in huttball

And yes its true operatives can roll extremly fast in stealth

Why this irony about passing ball....

You can be mistaken. people tend to panic when stealther opens on them, specially if by some miracle, he gets 2 crits in a row :eek:

Try it if you say they are op and immortal

Mercenaries are punch bags for like 6 months... now you snapped? (joking here, but the lenght of 'give some love to mercs/commando' speaks for it self)

It's called tactics. fine, remove pulls and jumps... also, make carrier immune to being pushed or knocked back , that will be fun.

extreemly is not the word I would use, it could have 5 sec CD but it's hardly game breaking.

couldn't help my self.

Hah that is funny - sages cannot move, cannot cast anything, using one spell or one move will break this ... If you wanna nerf this so nerf the immortality of the Jedi Knights - they have realy unbreakable bubble or cooldown where they can move, deal damage and get 0 dmg from oponents for at least 6 seconds - nerf this and you can nerf sages bubble.

I wish that be possible....

No one should start freaking out until the majority are playing at 55 and even then we should see how the ranked scene pans out. Pre 2.0 there were certain classes and specs that were needed and not wanted I think you might see a change here based off of new abilities and class changes.

This topic should not be happening now as some players (not all but some) are still tweaking builds and rotations.

Edited by cycao

You can be mistaken. people tend to panic when stealther opens on them, specially if by some miracle, he gets 2 crits in a row :eek:

Try it if you say they are op and immortal

Mercenaries are punch bags for like 6 months... now you snapped? (joking here, but the lenght of 'give some love to mercs/commando' speaks for it self)

It's called tactics. fine, remove pulls and jumps... also, make carrier immune to being pushed or knocked back , that will be fun.

extreemly is not the word I would use, it could have 5 sec CD but it's hardly game breaking.

couldn't help my self.

Merc is fixed

I think Trauma can be increased by 5% more. In this expansion people got extra tricks to stay alive, but there's really no new tricks to kill people faster beyond your standard DPS upgrade through gear. This means it's generally harder to kill anyone but especially a healer.

The Op roll needs to have some kind of restrction on it. When you see someone roll 3 times stealthed and cap your door at Voidstar you'd think it's a hack. You then figure out it was legit and ask the question "Wait, why can you do something legit that'd make speed hack look weak?" The roll changes everything you know about distance management. In maps like Alderaan you know like your guy is supposed to get to your closer node 3 seconds before the other guy so you have exactly that much time to call for reinforcements, and a stun at the right now is exactly enough to cap your turret. Well now none of that works anymore. The easiest fix would be to put a CD on it. It's basically Force Speed with a resource cost but no CD. If I can Force Speed 5 times in a row that'd a equally broken too. I don't care if I doing this means my Force regen goes to 0 for the next minute because sometimes simply getting to an area faster can win you the game.