Carnage PvE berserk usage

DragethVeran

I was wondering if anyone found a good setup for using berserk. Tonight we had our first raid of the expansion and it felt really awful as a long time carnage marauder.

Full rage berserk lets you use 5 Massacres and a deadly throw at the end since you run out of rage but I found myself in a lot of situations where I had berserk available but only at half rage and I was forced to either waste potential fury charges or wast berserk charges on basic attacks. I wish they would change it so only rage spenders would use a charge but it is what it is.

I was wondering if anyone has a better method that isn't so inefficient. I ended up switching to annihilation halfway through which is a lot more fun now, builds rage very quick with the rage gain on dot crits.

I think the biggest 2.0 shift is coming to accept that spending 1 Berserk charge on a Rage-builder isn't the end of the world.

Sure, it's not perfectly efficient, but it's almost unavoidable due to the changes in resource mechanics.

Rather than avoiding it at all costs, just play smart so that you're not stuck burning a charge on Battering Assault in the middle of a Gore window.

I think the biggest 2.0 shift is coming to accept that spending 1 Berserk charge on a Rage-builder isn't the end of the world.

Sure, it's not perfectly efficient, but it's almost unavoidable due to the changes in resource mechanics.

Rather than avoiding it at all costs, just play smart so that you're not stuck burning a charge on Battering Assault in the middle of a Gore window.

This.

In order to avoid using a Rage builder in a Gore window consider using Double Saber Throw or saving your VT proc for a window where you'll potentially be resource starved.