Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

2.0 Hardmode Flashpoints are not worth the payout.

Irawratih

I honestly think the level 55 hm flashpoints are too easy. I'm in dread guard gear and it's not even a challenge with any of the groups I've been with.

agreed...ran them with 63/61 gear....no wipes except for one super fail group in which the tank really wasn't a tank and not only didn't have on tank gear or in tank stance but didn't taunt...ever...and we still cleared all in one shot except the last boss in the one wear the boss jumps around and activates the turrets.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only done Athis so far but with a group all in full 61/63 it wasn't hard, although it did look a bit hard on the healer.

Upgrading to 66s gives a truckload of endurance though and makes it easier to take hits and get healed. The bosses were mostly just bullet sponges with easy tacts and loads of health.

Did not read all eight pages, so maybe this has already been said...

It never ceases to amaze me how short people's memories are. I guarantee that all the previous hard mode flashpoints were as hard as the new ones, when the old ones were new. The GO GO GO attitude of the past six to nine months has to stop...for a while. You no longer out gear the content. You need to slow down, make sure everyone knows what they are doing, and then engage.

Are you actually so ignorant?

The end boss and the bonus boss drop purple black market items, but every other boss drops blue lvl 53 items

actually EVERY FP I have done drops purple. NOW, you may be talking if they drop the ear or implants, weapon and maybe offhand those are blue/orange drops, but I have been receiving purples on almost all kills in the FP. If you dont believe then look at the drop guides before calling people ignorant there buddy. READ!

Edited by Corpsemagi
added blues

actually EVERY FP I have done drops purple. NOW, you may be talking if they drop the ear or implants, weapon and maybe offhand those are blue/orange drops, but I have been receiving purples on almost all kills in the FP. If you dont believe then look at the drop guides before calling people ignorant there buddy. READ!

Then you say the 20+ fp's I have done do not count?

All bosses except for the end and bonus boss drop blues, in very rare cases they can drop purple lvl 53 equip.

Then you say the 20+ fp's I have done do not count?

All bosses except for the end and bonus boss drop blues, in very rare cases they can drop purple lvl 53 equip.

Well then in the 20+ I have done also I must be just freaking the luckiest person on the face of the planet. I have only had maybe 7 runs with orange or blues. I would love to get my implants or ear or something but none have dropped.

Well then in the 20+ I have done also I must be just freaking the luckiest person on the face of the planet. I have only had maybe 7 runs with orange or blues. I would love to get my implants or ear or something but none have dropped.

Then you are very lucky, because I only had one run with no orange drop

Yea that hammer station robot cost us 3 healers last try they just gave up, after 8 total wipes and 150k in repair costs we all gave up. My overall point is they are not fun at the current level settings, and the rewards are horrible. I though you did hardmodes to get gear for raids but maybe things have changed and you just go right into raids instead. i am the last one of my friends still playing swtor. everyone else i know quit due to lack of fun. this 2.0 update with caps on everything and nightmare mode hardmodes will not bring any of them back.

What robot? The first boss? That boss is basically the easiest boss in all four of the new HMs :/

The HMs are fine. They aren't super hard, but you have to at least pay attention. They are called HARD MODE for a reason you know...If they are too hard, there is always story mode.

Edited by Icebergy

Repair costs are always pain in the ***. However you can collect more than enough credits on Makeb or on the good old Black Hole dailies. Black Hole dalies are approx. 15 minutes without the Heroic4, and you can collect at least 60k.

I just started running Black Hole dailes and I didn't get anywhere near 60K. Most I got was about 15K and the comms. I was wondering why people said you can do Black Hole and Section X and make 100K. I certainly didn't and no, I didn't die at all in fact found the dailies to be very easy. Just did not get 60K from them.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

Just shows me exactly how people are when they respond on the forums. People who want to yell out get basic comm's must also know that is requires so many of them per piece of gear. So why go backwards to go forwards?

How it works is you run the lower level content and "gear up" to make the higher level content easier. That, or you learn the mechanics and communicate them to the encounter can be beat at lower gear levels.

Quote: Originally Posted by Irawratih

Yea that hammer station robot cost us 3 healers last try they just gave up, after 8 total wipes and 150k in repair costs we all gave up. My overall point is they are not fun at the current level settings, and the rewards are horrible. I though you did hardmodes to get gear for raids but maybe things have changed and you just go right into raids instead. i am the last one of my friends still playing swtor. everyone else i know quit due to lack of fun. this 2.0 update with caps on everything and nightmare mode hardmodes will not bring any of them back.

Did your 3 healers know they had a cleanse they could use when the tank has 5 stacks?

I just started running Black Hole dailes and I didn't get anywhere near 60K. Most I got was about 15K and the comms. I was wondering why people said you can do Black Hole and Section X and make 100K. I certainly didn't and no, I didn't die at all in fact found the dailies to be very easy. Just did not get 60K from them.

:confused:

15k is the credits from 2 black hole missions. That can't be the most you're getting, unless you aren't doing most of the quests.

Unless they changed it, it was 7k per mission plus any stuff you picked up and sold.

What robot? The first boss? That boss is basically the easiest boss in all four of the new HMs :/

The HMs are fine. They aren't super hard, but you have to at least pay attention. They are called HARD MODE for a reason you know...If they are too hard, there is always story mode.

I agree with your post but the part in red is just the dumbest argument on this topic.

The sm's are for lvl 16, 21, 25, 30 and not for 55

I agree with your post but the part in red is just the dumbest argument on this topic.

The sm's are for lvl 16, 21, 25, 30 and not for 55

Yes so they should be plenty easy. Or they could run the level 50 HMs and get gear that way.

Did your 3 healers know they had a cleanse they could use when the tank has 5 stacks?

I just had visions of three healers all going... "DOH!!! so that's what that skill is for!!... " :p

But seriously.... Levity is right (lol twice in two days Levity :D ) .... if the healers were not using their full toolkit.. that's on them. This is one of the latent problems with the ease of leveling in this game... it's entirely possible to get to cap level and not have a clue about the right way to do things in your specialty inside real group encounters like HM FPs. This is why guilds are important.. because they organize and help people learn their class.

And repair costs are actually a Darwinian mechanic in MMOs... so maybe these healers will evolve through the use of pain to their wallets. :)

Edited by Andryah

For that boss (I believe you are referring to athiss droid) healer needs to clense stacks on tank or else its likely a wipe.

These levels are difficult if you are not going in with really well equipped players. I hit 55 last night so was only able to get in Athiss and Hammer Station, but they were no joke and I was basically the worst equipped in campaign/hazmat (non-augmented).

But the drops are worth it. Outside of 2 orange bracers, the bosses were dropping black market gear. End boss of Athiss dropped the black market chest piece that I needed. There is a reason why guilds that can are running these hms and its to gear up.

And I can sympathize that for a pug group this is going to be tough, people are going to start doing equip checks because you simply arent going to be able to carry a tank/healer who wearing something bad at this point. Back in the 50 randoms Id let it slide if my tank was in recruit pvp gear (no clue how this happens but it does), but right now that just isnt going to happen successfully.

And repair costs are actually a Darwinian mechanic in MMOs... so maybe these healers will evolve through the use of pain to their wallets. :)

I will just not wear any equip while tanking hm fp's, so I should be alright, shouldn't I? :p

For that boss (I believe you are referring to athiss droid) healer needs to clense stacks on tank or else its likely a wipe.

It's hammer station but the rest is right

Edited by Never_Hesitate

I will just not wear any equip while tanking hm fp's, so I should be alright, shouldn't I? :p

Given the description of the healers above... that's probably a smart move... until they learn to clense. :p

Hehe... it's actually probably worth it for tanks in PUGs to spend a couple minutes chatting up the healers and dps to see if you should bother to wear gear or go nekkid. :p

Edited by Andryah

:confused:

15k is the credits from 2 black hole missions. That can't be the most you're getting, unless you aren't doing most of the quests.

Nope, did every single quest except the Heroic. I had 2 level 50s before and did many Black Hole dailies. I know the routine. This is just a new account.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

I

It's hammer station but the rest is right

Yeah I never remember which is which because before they were 55, I never ran those as they were low level and Id seemingly out level them before I wanted to actually group with people.

For the people wanting things to be harder, I have one question for you. What happens when its people like you that only remain in the game and everyone un-subscribes? The hardmodes are really hard, and from a tank standpoint, we are very squishy now. This really needs to be looked at, repair costs are too high, the pay-out is horrid, and the gear drops are even more horrid. So my question to people who want it harder, what class are you? My gear is black hole, campaign, 1 basic comm's and 1 black market piece. And I have been nearly one shotted as a tank by mobs and sometimes bosses.

Im a tank and I think they are fine, I don't think they are too easy dmg and hp wise but I think the mechanics of the fights are ridiculously easy.

Why does everyone insist on everything being dumbed down to their level, do you not want anything to strive for? do you have no goals to make yourself better? because if the new hm 55's are too hard for you then you do need some work, or you need to rethink your choice of roles. If you think people quit a game because it is too hard guess what will happen when its too easy.

And 2 blackmarket armor drops for a half hour dungeon run not what I call a horrid payout.

Im a tank and I think they are fine, I don't think they are too easy dmg and hp wise but I think the mechanics of the fights are ridiculously easy.

Why does everyone insist on everything being dumbed down to their level, do you not want anything to strive for? do you have no goals to make yourself better? because if the new hm 55's are too hard for you then you do need some work, or you need to rethink your choice of roles. If you think people quit a game because it is too hard guess what will happen when its too easy.

And 2 blackmarket armor drops for a half hour dungeon run not what I call a horrid payout.

This x1,000.

Extremely well stated Mallorik. :)

Edited by Andryah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.