The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Boston Marathon

SystemProcess

It truly is sad that it takes a tragedy such as this to unite our nation. We're so worried about being right, (or left for that matter), that we fail to realize that as a nation, we really are falling. The rest of the world can see some of this nonsense coming a mile away because of how at war we are in our own backyards, and how hateful we can be because your neighbor has a different political affiliation than you. I think it's time we stop obsessing over who will be the next face of our government, and start uniting under god as one nation, and not a collective bunch of fuss.

To those of you who suffered loss over this cowardly act of "terror", my prayers and thoughts go out to you.

To those who committed the act, who tried to strike fear, or terror into people's lives, it's not fear that you instilled. No one is scared of you. You hide behind bombs, and threats, and hurt innocent people, even children. No, it's not fear that I'm feeling, and it certainly wasn't terror that the heroes experienced in Boston. They ran towards your efforts to intimidate them. Just think, if your bombs couldn't make those people in Boston flinch, do you really think that YOU will fare any better if caught by the citizens of the US?

i don't have words to express this,to express how terrible this act was,how cowardly those bastards acted for whatever reason they had to blow up a *********** bomb and kill innocent people,may God have mercy on their souls because they don't deserve mercy from others.

That's not true...

My husband is a doctor, he didn't go into medicine for the money, but because he wanted to help. He deserves thanks, and he gets it, even though its his job.

You willingly ran into a place of danger, where you could have been injured, just to help others...

I have a colleague whose wife was at the Boston marathon, waiting for her brother to finish when it went off, she was with child, and the first person who rushed to her afterwards wasn't a paramedic, but a total stranger. If that stranger hadnt helped her, I'm not sure if they would have both made it, and I don't know if it was you, and I doubt it was, but either way, from me, from her, from my colleague and everyone else affected.... Thank you.

You didn't do it because you had to, you did it because you want to.

You're a true hero.

He's a Marine.

why do people try to be serious on video game forums...really?

^ This exactly. Trying to be serious on video games is a one way ticket to getting trolled. On a related note: There are countries where stuff like this is a daily occurrence. I've been there. People get blown up and killed everyday. We're just overly sensitized here because we've lived in the nice, safe, lap of luxury for so damn long people have forgotten what the world's actually like. Anyway, I come here to read about SWTOR, not your people's delicate-*** sensibilities.