Lvl 55 hardmodes

Glorthox

Anyone else feel like the new hardmodes are insanely hard? I have a decently geared tank and feel very squishy. I wonder if healers understand that tank defense % chance has been really reduced? But every single mob and boss hits like a truck! It's either pop cd's or die.

Yeah... they are incredibly easy and quick, IMO. This is coming from both guild and pug runs.

I am annoyed that there's only 4, all redone, so I'm already getting glassy eyed as I'm doing them.

Note: If you're trying to do the HM's in the gear you get from quests on Makeb, then that's like trying to do HM's in Vanilla from just finishing your class quests and hitting 50.

You have to run dailies and get Makeb Hero status to buy stuff from the planetary comms vendor and basic gear vendor and/or craft your gear to purples. Rating 150+ makes it super easy.

You can also run EV HM/KP to get that gear.

Edited by Lostpenguins

Depends what you mean decently geared. 63's are less than entry level to 55 HM's now when they used to be endgame. You want to make sure you have the basic gear (66's) and are working on your 69s and it makes a huge difference. I just need a few spots to get to 69 and then everything will be above 66 and it has made pulls MUCH easier for my Shadow and on the healers healing him. HM's are looking like they are going back to being easy modes, I'm afraid. Just gotta stick it out through the gear.

And for what its worth, experiment with some of the new mechanics. We've been tweaking a lot and we've learned a lot of new ways to do things to make runs smoother. Don't go by the guides on the internet; some say polar opposites of each other and have the mechanics wrong (i.e. trying to burn the wookie boss in Cademimu through the add phase resulted in a whole lotta wipes). I'm also asking people in FP's how they've seen other tanks do things and what seems to have been working.

Well from a PUG stand point they are insanely hard. For an active raiding guild, it should be easy, but for the rest of us it isn't.

The previous level 50 HM FPs have been so faceroll for so very very long.

They were originally tuned for terrible gear (Lost Island notwithstanding). More recently, every new level 50 is handed free Tionese gear which was quickly replaced by Columi and Black Hole. Queueing through the group finder would often get you players in high-end raid gear just trying to get comms.

This resulted, in my personal opinion, a sort of "sleepwalking" affect through these older flashpoints. You didn't have to pop your defensives. You didn't have to CC things. You didn't have to have any decent amount of care or attention. As annoying as the leaping cc-breaker maras were, it wasn't that hard to recover from such problems as you likely had a raid-worthy healer in your pocket.

It's sort of a laziness thing.

Now, you have to pay attention. People aren't running these flashpoints in Underworld/Verpine gear yet.

And those pug players, the ones who complained that HM LI needed a group in Rakata/Black Hole gear, are joining your pugs and derping their way through.

Edited by Khevar

I think a lot of people are approaching these 55 HM FPs with less than optimal gear. Many will be coming to them with Black Hole or worse gear and they will find them though, especially on tanks and healers.