Don't like Cathar

skiibyrd

Well they were in the Holiday Special of 78 and that's what made them G-canon. Not any books. None of those books are G-canon. They are a lower tier themselves. G-canon is the 6 movies, Clone Wars tv show, and that 78 Holiday Special. Although some wish the 78 wasn't and has nothing do to with the Cathar. That specials was just plain bad. lol

And link your friends this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon It's not just me who says that. So no offense taken since it's not my thoughts on it. It's just how it is. And Clone Wars is T-canon actually. G-canon is just the 6 movies. T is the television shows so the 78 falls there too.

So you think only the movies should be part of this game? When the game is not based on the movies? If you are so adamant about only the movies being in this game then why are there other items that are not in the movies. It seems you want to pick and choose what should be allowed in the game when the game is based before the movies and the Cathar were before the movies if you would read or pay attention to what was said. Their home world was attacked by the Mandolarians (sorry for the misspell) .

The game that was sort of loosely based on the movies was SWG and that game wasn't done correctly as well as they allowed some things that were not part of the movies as well.

Edited by ArielaKnight

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think only the movies should be part of this game? When the game is not based on the movies? If you are so adamant about only the movies being in this game then why are there other items that are not in the movies. It seems you want to pick and choose what should be allowed in the game when the game is based before the movies and the Cathar were before the movies if you would read or pay attention to what was said. Their home world was attacked by the Mandolarians (sorry for the misspell) .

The game that was sort of loosely based on the movies was SWG and that game wasn't done correctly as well as they allowed some things that were not part of the movies as well.

You TOTALLY missed the point. I did not say only G-canon should be in the game. That's impossible since the game is set thousands of years before the G-canon stuff. Point is the books are not on the same tier canon that is established in the ranking system. And I was saying to use the 78 Special instead for your argument. Basically, I handed you the loaded gun to help you and you throw it away. lol

Games and books can only reach C-canon at best. That is their "ultimate level allowed". It's just the way things are.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

You TOTALLY missed the point. I did not say only G-canon should be in the game. That's impossible since the game is set thousands of years before the G-canon stuff.

Yet you are constantly arguing over the point whether Cathar should be in the game as you don't think they are part of the universe. Seems a contradictory in the way you are representing your arguments.

As I said I am not sure if I will ever make a Cathar , for personal reasons, but as far as them belonging in the universe that is an entirely different idea.

Edited by ArielaKnight

Yet you are constantly arguing over the point whether Cathar should be in the game as you don't think they are part of the universe. Seems a contradictory in the way you are representing your arguments.

Link it? And see previous post. I NEVER used canon as the excuse for them not being in the game. (especially after a poster a few days ago stated they were in the 78 special)

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

As I said I am not sure if I will ever make a Cathar , for personal reasons, but as far as them belonging in the universe that is an entirely different idea.

Okay, we're in an Edit War so to speak. LOL. You're last paragraph is exactly my stance too except I know I will never make one. I was merely pointing out to someone who said in a post they were unfamiliar with some things and tried to get them educated on it. I am not arguing if they should be in the game based on canon. If I wanted to use that, I would never had said they were in the 78 Special because that's a higher tiered canon than this game is. Therefore if it's a higher tier than it can be in the game. For one to argue canon as the reason, then they would have to only be found in a lower tier. Yet they are found in the same tier and above. So my saying the part about the 78 Special actually gives ammo to those who are pro-Cathar and getting hit with the canon excuse.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Okay, we're in an Edit War so to speak. LOL. You're last paragraph is exactly my stance too except I know I will never make one. I was merely pointing out to someone who said in a post they were unfamiliar with some things and tried to get them educated on it. I am not arguing if they should be in the game based on canon. If I wanted to use that, I would never had said they were in the 78 Special because that's a higher tiered canon than this game is. Therefore if it's a higher tier than it can be in the game. For one to argue canon as the reason, then they would have to only be found in a lower tier. Yet they are found in the same tier and above. So my saying the part about the 78 Special actually gives ammo to those who are pro-Cathar and getting hit with the canon excuse.

I never once stated I liked the Cathar. My first post was just a post for what I have read about people arguing that they were not part of the Star Wars Universe, nothing more. I never stated I liked them as I am unsure if I will ever make them. I just stated they have as much a right to be included as any other species.

I said I get to that point of his posts and stop reading. Or are you just trying to change it and post your preaching? Like I did with your wall of text. First paragraphs was all that I had to read to know. And the sig is a reminder and link. Why so mad?

You’re just a whiney *** cry baby that can’t be satisfied, not ever. Nothing is good enough for you, but for whatever reason, you waste so much time on being negative. You’ll spend an infinite amount of time on these forums complaining rather than playing a game you like or watch a TV show that you’ve never gotten around to, and for what?

And btw in regards to your signature, I read that post.

As I have done in the past, I need to make it clear that everything I am about to say is our current plan and that it is subject to change

So now why would you make a big deal out of that one line in your signature when he’s completely covered his ***?

You’re trying to draw attention to the satement out of context. “Hey everybody this guy from Bioware said this so let’s all hold him accountable for it!” You’re so completely transparent in your negativity. You’re so arrogant about how clever you believe you are.

In the end you’re just some loser that was disappointed by TOR who feels the need to drag everybody down to his pathetic level simply because you selfishly didn’t get what you wanted.

You’re just a whiney *** cry baby that can’t be satisfied, not ever. Nothing is good enough for you, but for whatever reason, you waste so much time on being negative. You’ll spend an infinite amount of time on these forums complaining rather than playing a game you like or watch a TV show that you’ve never gotten around to, and for what?

And btw in regards to your signature, I read that post.

So now why would you make a big deal out of that one line in your signature when he’s completely covered his ***?

You’re trying to draw attention to the satement out of context. “Hey everybody this guy from Bioware said this so let’s all hold him accountable for it!” You’re so completely transparent in your negativity. You’re so arrogant about how clever you believe you are.

In the end you’re just some loser that was disappointed by TOR who feels the need to drag everybody down to his pathetic level simply because you selfishly didn’t get what you wanted.

Crybaby? And you are SO upset over my sig? Need tissue?

Sig is off-topic of Cathar btw. So keep going and get reported for posting off-topic aka trolling.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

I never once stated I liked the Cathar. My first post was just a post for what I have read about people arguing that they were not part of the Star Wars Universe, nothing more. I never stated I liked them as I am unsure if I will ever make them. I just stated they have as much a right to be included as any other species.

I didn't say you liked or disliked Cathar. Sky is blue. Now you can argue about how the grass is green. I said I agreed if that part of your post and you go off the grid about saying I said how you liked the Cathar. When you said you weren't sure if you will make one and I *AGREED* with you. You don't like it when people agree with you? This is now the third time I *AGREED* with you and you are arguing with that in this thread.

At least Andi doesn't argue when someone agrees with her.

And it started because you said you were unfamiliar with the canon thing so I was trying to enlighten you to how it's set up in Star Wars and the tiers thing. That was because of Lucas, not me. Then you seem to get upset with that. Don't know why.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

I didn't say you liked or disliked Cathar. Sky is blue. Now you can argue about how the grass is green. I said I agreed if that part of your post and you go off the grid about saying I said how you liked the Cathar. When you said you weren't sure if you will make one and I *AGREED* with you. You don't like it when people agree with you? This is now the third time I *AGREED* with you and you are arguing with that in this thread.

At least Andi doesn't argue when someone agrees with her.

And it started because you said you were unfamiliar with the canon thing so I was trying to enlighten you to how it's set up in Star Wars and the tiers thing. That was because of Lucas, not me. Then you seem to get upset with that. Don't know why.

Do you not realize you are arguing with her ? She's not arguing about the parts you agreed on or anything you fool. She is simply saying, as she has done since her first post how the Cathar should have a place in the Star War as any other species. Yet here you are trying to make it seem like she is in the wrong when you are just arguing on a point that doesn't exist. So why don't you just be quiet and stop trying to get yourself to believe your in the right.

Don't try and act smart with comments like that. That was not the case and you know it, yet you just want to keep being difficult and now your starting to be rude to her.

When she said that she was never saying she wanted you to try and enlighten her, even if you were trying to help before your getting rude now when she has given you no reason to do so. All she stated before was she has knowledge on the ones she knows and trusts them with their knowledge. Maybe you didn't realize she didn't get upset with that but then you were too busy trying to get the last word in and not realizing it.

So don't try and start with that attitude your displaying to her when she has done nothing to deserve it.

Do you not realize you are arguing with her ? She's not arguing about the parts you agreed on or anything you fool. She is simply saying, as she has done since her first post how the Cathar should have a place in the Star War as any other species. Yet here you are trying to make it seem like she is in the wrong when you are just arguing on a point that doesn't exist. So why don't you just be quiet and stop trying to get yourself to believe your in the right.

Don't try and act smart with comments like that. That was not the case and you know it, yet you just want to keep being difficult and now your starting to be rude to her.

When she said that she was never saying she wanted you to try and enlighten her, even if you were trying to help before your getting rude now when she has given you no reason to do so. All she stated before was she has knowledge on the ones she knows and trusts them with their knowledge. Maybe you didn't realize she didn't get upset with that but then you were too busy trying to get the last word in and not realizing it.

So don't try and start with that attitude your displaying to her when she has done nothing to deserve it.

You are the fool. I never said they don't have a place in Star Wars. The thing with her started because *I* pointed out they started from the 78 Special to her and NOT the books. That shows I know they have a place in SW. 78 Special is a higher canon level than any books not based on the movies. Therefore that supports her stance just giving it more solid proof for her to use.

And again, that was the THIRD time I agreed with her or even supported her post only to get argued back. And that's rude if you want to nitpick rude.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

You are the fool. I never said they don't have a place in Star Wars. The thing with her started because *I* pointed out they started from the 78 Special to her and NOT the books. That shows I know they have a place in SW. 78 Special is a higher canon level than any books not based on the movies. Therefore that supports her stance just giving it more solid proof for her to use.

And again, that was the THIRD time I agreed with her or even supported her post only to get argued back. And that's rude if you want to nitpick rude.

May I make a suggestion and drop it. She has stated a few times already that the only reason she posted was to show that they belonged in Star Wars. I believe it is time to drop this don't you think?

May I make a suggestion and drop it. She has stated a few times already that the only reason she posted was to show that they belonged in Star Wars. I believe it is time to drop this don't you think?

That's fine. Thing is it started because she said she was new to the lore thing. I tried to be helpful to know the tiers thing. (A lot of people are unaware of how things go with that system) And then get argued at from that. It's not my canon system with all this G-canon, T-canon, etc. Heck, I didn't know about that system until the forums here so I know how it can be unknown to someone.

And next time I see someone try to convince people something belongs because of C-Canon, I know not to help them and point out it actually has a basis in the higher leveled T-Canon. Lesson learned.

That's fine. Thing is it started because she said she was new to the lore thing. I tried to be helpful to know the tiers thing. (A lot of people are unaware of how things go with that system) And then get argued at from that. It's not my canon system with all this G-canon, T-canon, etc. Heck, I didn't know about that system until the forums here so I know how it can be unknown to someone.

And next time I see someone try to convince people something belongs because of C-Canon, I know not to help them and point out it actually has a basis in the higher leveled T-Canon. Lesson learned.

I'm happy to put this to rest, as Scarlet suggested. If you were trying to help okay. I didn't post to argue with you, I posted because I was going to defend and protect her, no matter what. Hope you can understand that.

Keep trying to help people Jacen, that's something anyone should always do. It can bring out the best in people and don't let this stop you.

I'm pretty sure Cathar are one of the few races Bioware actually invented for KotOR, so I'm not really surprised they are they are getting included as a playable race. I was actually really surprised they weren't in at launch that way.

No, they go all the way back to that Holiday Special live action infomercial for toys Lucas did in 1978. We want to forget that thing but BW didn't invent them.

I'm happy to put this to rest, as Scarlet suggested. If you were trying to help okay. I didn't post to argue with you, I posted because I was going to defend and protect her, no matter what. Hope you can understand that.

Keep trying to help people Jacen, that's something anyone should always do. It can bring out the best in people and don't let this stop you.

I'll admit by the time you came in, I was in defensive mode from before. Hope you can understand.

I'm pretty sure Cathar are one of the few races Bioware actually invented for KotOR, so I'm not really surprised they are they are getting included as a playable race. I was actually really surprised they weren't in at launch that way.

I know it has been said before, many times, but they did not INVENT the Cathar in any way shape or form. Full quick details is that Knights of the Old Republic came out in 2002. Cathar, specifically called Cathar for the first time, were in the 1997 Tales of the Jedi comics. However, they were based upon a cat-like alien found in the Star Wars Holiday Special made in 1979. They were not named at the time, but as the "Cathar" in the comics were based on that cat-alien, it's now officially canon that Cathar were created by LUCASFILM in 1979, since that's what they are based on.

...I'm waiting for the "ThunderCats" guild.....ugh

Don't worry, I'll be sure to report them for copyright/trademark violation. I love Cathar, I can't wait for Cathar, but anyone being stupid like that will receive no mercy from me.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero