Combat in 2.0: Secondary Stats

KnightGreg

Alright by now we're all aware as you level up from 50-55 your stats take a complete nosedive. I dinged 55 last night so now I'm wondering what my secondary stats should be. Pre-2.0, with all the buffs I had 100.93% Accuracy, 34.17% Crit, 79.32% Surge, and the rest was dumped into Power. The only reason my Surge was so high was because I needed very few points in Accuracy due to my Tree giving me 6%.

So to the question: What should I aim for when it comes to secondary stats? I'm considering putting some Alacrity in depending on how much Surge and Accuracy I need. Any help ASAP would rock.

Edited by KnightGreg

I needed close to 400 accuracy rating to get to 99.5% with a 3% accuracy talent. Should only need about 200 with the talent and the 3% from Ataru form.

Avoid alacrity. You can't stack it enough to provide a real benefit

Edited by arkitip

Stay away from alacrity. The devs like to brag that it is finally useful for more classes, but in reality it is still not good for anyone but healers and dps sorcs (even less so with accuracy changes).

You pretty much want to stack crit as low as possible. I would either go with very little to none. Accuracy should be 100% melee and the rest should be surge.

^this. Invest in power over crit. I believe this also extends into augments where we should be stacking power. The tradeoff is 10 bonus damage for about 1.2% crit.

You should put all points that don't bring you to 100% Accuracy into Surge, not Alacrity, because Blade Storm is an autocrit that will account for ~18% of your damage depending on the fight. Alacrity is entirely worthless due to the minuscule decrease to the GCD that we get from it. So, big crits on your Blade Storm that accounts for a big chunk of your damage is good.

You should put all points that don't bring you to 100% Accuracy into Surge, not Alacrity, because Blade Storm is an autocrit....

If only...I miss the old way, I really do. There's no way you're auto-critting in a real world scenario. Opportune Attack is too random and there's too much to do other than watching for a proc.

Edited by Plicitous

• 3 months later...
I disagree with stacking power over crit. power only gives boosts to your base damage...If you stack crit to 25% you would see a major difference in the dps you would be putting out combined with Precision Slash. Plus Crit helps break through most shield damage so it makes it easier to take out teared tanks.

I need some help maxing my stats for PVP.. Here's where I'm at now in basically full Partisan (minus a belt) and 2 Conquerer relics. I also have Advanced overkill 28's augemented on everything but the 2 Implants, Ear, and my wrist so I have a little to work with. These stats are unbuffed.

ST: 1951

END: 2313

EXP: 1909

POWER: 1004

ACC: 120

CRIT: 39 (bought the wrong piece so I'll be swapping out this enhancement)

SURGE: 480

FPOWER: 1606

My strength seems to be a bit low.. Should I swap out some mods/enhancements and sacrifice some endurance, or do I use my 4 remaining augments for Might augments for the 104 ST.... My accuracy is like at 96% so I know I probably need to bring that up to 100% (augments?)

I could use some thoughts! I had a thread but it's not getting a lot of looks.

I disagree with stacking power over crit. power only gives boosts to your base damage...If you stack crit to 25% you would see a major difference in the dps you would be putting out combined with Precision Slash. Plus Crit helps break through most shield damage so it makes it easier to take out teared tanks.

If anyone stacks crit, it should be less than 3%, or less than 150 crit rating. Any more than that hurts Blade Storm auto crit.

We only got 1 skill in the skill tree that benefits more from crit: Blade Storm, which autocrits anyway, and Blade Rush, which half of the damage actually comes from Ataru proc strikes. Blade Rush itself is weak and can't benefit much from crit.

I'm a new power>crit convert.

In my mind, I just couldn't believe that crit was totally useless. I was sitting at about 25%(stimmed, buffed), but my parses just weren't getting where they should be. So I bit the bullet and went with an all power build. 0 crit rating has my crit stting at 19.4%(stimmed, buffed), using mainstat augs. The difference is HUGE. It added about 200+ DPS. Oddly, my parses show me criting more than 20%.

I'm probably very late to the party, but better late than never.

In short, get your Acc up to 100%, then dump the rest into power. forget crit.

If anyone stacks crit, it should be less than 3%, or less than 150 crit rating. Any more than that hurts Blade Storm auto crit.

We only got 1 skill in the skill tree that benefits more from crit: Blade Storm, which autocrits anyway, and Blade Rush, which half of the damage actually comes from Ataru proc strikes. Blade Rush itself is weak and can't benefit much from crit.

You cant really hurt your auto crit for BladeStorm because, one the auto crit is chanced by your Ataru Strikes so you wont really get it immediately. Two because Blade Storm is a 100% Crit the only thing that would effect it on how well it does is your Surge Rating. That leaves the other melee attacks that will just do basic damage if you decide not to add any Crit. If you do decide to add crit to your gear you will see a major buff in your Duel Saber throw, Dispatch, and Blade Rush without Precision Slash.

You cant really hurt your auto crit for BladeStorm because, one the auto crit is chanced by your Ataru Strikes so you wont really get it immediately. Two because Blade Storm is a 100% Crit the only thing that would effect it on how well it does is your Surge Rating. That leaves the other melee attacks that will just do basic damage if you decide not to add any Crit. If you do decide to add crit to your gear you will see a major buff in your Duel Saber throw, Dispatch, and Blade Rush without Precision Slash.

Quantify a major buff?

With Strength ~3,000 as well as class and companion buffs, you should be around 19% crit chance. To get to the 25% level you recommended you need ~300 crit rating. Unfortunately, your Power would drop from 1,300+ to 1,000+ as part of this trade-off, which results in 73 less bonus damage.

To properly compare this you need to look at each individual ability. Without going into the detailed math, Power should provide a higher expected damage than crit rating.

Quantify a major buff?

With Strength ~3,000 as well as class and companion buffs, you should be around 19% crit chance. To get to the 25% level you recommended you need ~300 crit rating. Unfortunately, your Power would drop from 1,300+ to 1,000+ as part of this trade-off, which results in 73 less bonus damage.

To properly compare this you need to look at each individual ability. Without going into the detailed math, Power should provide a higher expected damage than crit rating.

My apologies...I should have said 20% Crit without Buffs. 25% unbuffed is very deminishing. Also to explain the major buff I explained earlier, if you stack your crit to the 20% Unbuffed then you will see changes in your melee damage. For example, If you were to stack Power Surge your Dispatch would probably cap around 3.5k or 4.5-5k with Precision Slash...With your crit stacked at 20% you can cap around 5k and 6-7k with Precision Slash. With Duel Saber throw it would be about 2.5k without crit and 3.5k with it. As of now my stats are 100.10% Accuracy 72% Crit Multiplier, 25.48% Crit Raiting (Buffed) and I would drop around 750-800k in a Full Warzone with Combat.

When I was stacking just Power/Surge It would be about 400-500k.

Edited by LordDaemon