Is Crit Still a Worthless Stat (Like on PTS)?

LetoAtreidesII

With respect, this is the largest piece of mistruth, exaggeration, and outright lying I have seen in the forum all week.

You need to purchase some clues IMO. ;)

With all due respect, you need to stop acting like a BW intern or employee.

A lot of peopled made valuable feedback in the PTS about how broken is the new PvP lolbolster, the DR hard cap, and class balance.

If you think the devs read the feedback, how they're asking stuff like this in the PvP forums? And for that kind of question they're receiving answer like this:

Ok I have to ask, you want the players to help now? yet when those that went to the pts and said the bolster system was as much use as a chocolate tea pot you ignored it. From my understanding folk did comment on the forums about the bolster system yet the threads were deleted? come on guys its Star Wars not Star kill the same npc the same way over and over and over and over..... folks like the challenge of pvp as it stands you've well messed it up big time.

That said makeb looks great and is fun just a shame you had to wreck the other side of the game.

You love BW in an fanatic way, which, frankly is absurd.

Kind regards.

With all due respect, you need to stop acting like a BW intern or employee.

A lot of peopled made valuable feedback in the PTS about how broken is the new PvP lolbolster, the DR hard cap, and class balance.

If you think the devs read the feedback, how they're asking stuff like this in the PvP forums? And for that kind of question they're receiving answer like this:

You love BW in an fanatic way, which, frankly is absurd.

Kind regards.

You shouldn't even try. You can have someone in here post in depth mathematics, parses, and graphs, and she/he will still try to refute it.

I'll say again, crit is worthless till further notice.

i have been playing with a toy model of dps and for crit buffs from skill/tree etc between 0 and 0.3 (thats 0 and 30% crit chance), you still want to go all power, no more than 100 crit and at most 250 surge (if base crit chance is high)... putting somewhat equal amounts into alacrity and accuracy (more accuracy).

however, if you parse with a balanced build and a all power little surge build, you might get very similar results, some might say withing statsitical error for a small number of parses.

unfortunatly, the simulators have not been updated so we are stuck using spreadsheets and toy models.

Edited by dipstik

You can have someone in here post in depth mathematics, parses, and graphs, and she/he will still try to refute it.

No need for me to.. you are doing it for me:

I'll say again, crit is worthless till further notice.

Get your crit to the soft cap, pretty much just like before 2.0 and be done with it. ^^

So which is it my friend?

Edited by Andryah

No need for me to.. you are doing it for me:

So which is it my friend?

I'm not sure because I don't have any 55's yet, but I believe you exceed the soft cap without any crit stat at all just from main stat alone if you have full Arkanian armor (or less) and mark 9 augments. I believe this is why people on PTS were saying crit was worthless - you were already past the soft cap without any need for any crit stat.

Edited by LetoAtreidesII

I'm not sure because I don't have any 55's yet, but I believe you exceed the soft cap without any crit stat at all just from main stat alone if you have full Arkanian armor (or less) and mark 9 augments. I believe this is why people on PTS were saying crit was worthless - you were already past the soft cap without any need for any crit stat.

Even if you're not in full arkanian you can hit the soft cap without putting any into crit.