ONE thermal regulator per mission, 28 augments take FOUR?

CrazyGreggy

At least when it was 3 per crit (or 2 for the moderate), you only needed a reasonable amount of luck to be able to make a purple augment, but as it stands right now 1 for a critical success on a mission is absurd. A full set of gear takes 14 augments, which means you need 56 critical successes on slicing missions to set one toon up for either PvP or PvE, or for tanking/dps/healing sets.

Sort this out please, at least 2 or 3 per crit.

Ive done about 50 Slicing missions, doing them on TWO toons, and only got 3 Thermal Regulators. Slicing is obviously broken. At this rate it will take over a week to get 12 to make ONE Advanced 28. Before I could get enough to make one Advanced 22 in about 2 days. This is ridiculous.

If this was done on purpose, then Bioware has ruined the game making gearing a chore I frankly don't want to do the way things are now. It would be months before I could get enough 28's to augment everything....and that's just ONE toon.

I'm full purple 28s for my PvE gear and now 4/14 for PvE. It is not easy but doable.

Ensure all your crew are max affection.

Only run Rich and Bountiful missions for augments, send any spare crew on highest level of locked box missions until another Rich/Bountiful augment mission is available. If you crit augment mission you will get one purple mat, if you crit lockbox you'll get a discovery mission which might be slicing.

Doing a slicing discovery mission means you will get 1 purple mat, unless you crit in which case you'll get 2.

This really requires logging in and out of your slicinig toons every 30 mins to be effective, the drop rate is low but it is possible to get geared...and we're only 6 days from launch.

Edited by Thufir_Hawat

Slicing is obviously broken. I read the comment on Dulfy that only Bountiful and Rich missions have the chance to bring back artifact grades but I have been grinding slicing like crazy since early access and I get maybe 1-2 a day.

These advanced crew skills are really something. I have lvl'd 2 toons to 55 and one to 53 just running daily missions to fund my crafting and I am dirt broke and have made only 5 to 6 pieces of artifact grade gear. I think it is in dire need of some tweaking. The absolute worse for me so far is the re'ing chance. NO WAY it is anywhere close to 20%. At the least I get an attempt on my 7th but it's more like 11-18. Yes, it took me 18 re's to get the prototype shcem on the biochem med packs. It's absurd but I am notoriously lucky. In a 2 man group farming droids on gree I won 2 out of 25 loot rolls. That is just my luck so it could be me.

But do not get me wrong I absolutely LOVE the new crew skills. The ability to craft 66 gear that is much better than what the basic comm vendor sells is beautiful in my eyes. Specially when i'm not one to run HM FP's or Ops a lot. So it's nice and as someone who really gets annoyed at bioware, I really think they did right by us with this one. I feel a big ole nerf bat will be swinging by soon but it's still nice to have a comp with over 22k hp, healing the snot out of me.

Edited by beasthunt

I believe I've seen 16-20 so far since Tuesday. That is two maxed Slicers running pretty much on cooldown as long as I am in-game. That seemed a bit low to me until I see other horror stories and realized I was pretty one of the lucky ones! This definitely needs to be looked at.

I'm full purple 28s for my PvE gear and now 4/14 for PvE. It is not easy but doable.

Ensure all your crew are max affection.

Only run Rich and Bountiful missions for augments, send any spare crew on highest level of locked box missions until another Rich/Bountiful augment mission is available. If you crit augment mission you will get one purple mat, if you crit lockbox you'll get a discovery mission which might be slicing.

Doing a slicing discovery mission means you will get 1 purple mat, unless you crit in which case you'll get 2.

This really requires logging in and out of your slicinig toons every 30 mins to be effective, the drop rate is low but it is possible to get geared...and we're only 6 days from launch.

Hogwash man. Not everyone has the ability to set all day logging in and out every 30 min. And, I have done 20 missions Slicing Rich/Bountiful just today and not a single drop. I have TWO toons running slicing and am getting nothing. Before 2.0 I was able to craft Advanced 22 Augments and get the drops just fine with no problem, but not now. It's obvious they screwed something up.

I have been doing the Slicing 450 Rich/Bountiful for days and only have 3 Thermal Regulators total. And thats with two toons.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I'm not suggesting getting them is easy, just possible. I'm happy for BW to up the return and I beleive there is a dev post suggesting that they will play with it over the next few patches.

Nor do you have to do it all day, but I do have 6 slicing mules so that helps a hell of a lot. But as listed above only do Rich and Bountiful and use your other crew to get locked boxes for the possibility of a discovery mission.

I'm not suggesting getting them is easy, just possible. I'm happy for BW to up the return and I beleive there is a dev post suggesting that they will play with it over the next few patches.

Nor do you have to do it all day, but I do have 6 slicing mules so that helps a hell of a lot. But as listed above only do Rich and Bountiful and use your other crew to get locked boxes for the possibility of a discovery mission.

The only reason you are getting stuff is because you have 6 toons running it. Your a complete minority in this sir.

I already said I do this ( Rich and Bountiful) and am getting nothing.