The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Real life assault rifles?

Luochaz

I'm pretty sure this will get flamed hard, but I'd love to see some real life firearms to be used, some examples:

blaster pistol- M9, deagle, glock, colt "peacemaker" mac10

blaster rifle- m16, ak47, tommy gun

sniper rifle- sg 550, 50 cal, m24, dragunov

just a fun lil idea for the CC market

The weapons in the Star Wars movies were all based off and designed from Real Life guns.

I think it would be both awesome and appropriate if they honored that tradition by basing gun designs off of other real life weapons.

That said i know I've seen more than a few that had an obvious level of inspiration from real life guns.

My Sniper has a rifle that was obviously inspired by a Barrett 50 cal.

The smuggler's best pistol is obviously based off of a colt 6 shooter.

And... yeah, these two examples are some of the best weapon models in game.

more of this please.

Edited by Tweaked
Spelling fail.

I'm all in favor of basing them off of the designs, but against making them exact copies.

So this suggestion sounds like a good one to me. :D

Yea, I don't mean to copy them exactly, of course change the name and add some futuristic stuff, like the lasers the new rifles.

Im sure i can remember stormtroopers carrying around modded mg42s or thats what they looked like anyway.

I think the primary ST weapon was a mocked up version of the British Sten. Makes sense, since they were filming in England so I figure they'd have plenty of prop ones.

I think the primary ST weapon was a mocked up version of the British Sten. Makes sense, since they were filming in England so I figure they'd have plenty of prop ones.

Yeah, the Sterling submachine gun. All of the weapons of the OT were made from existing real life, mostly WWII era weapons. Han Solo's blaster was a modified Mauser-96, for example.

• 8 years later...

Yeah I would really like to see a Desert Eagle and a L85/Sterling also as a gun already in star wars the E-11 and E-11D.

1 other thing is that the M1911 I think is already in the game its just its got an attachment that makes it look kinda ugly.

Yeah I would really like to see a Desert Eagle and a L85/Sterling also as a gun already in star wars the E-11 and E-11D.

1 other thing is that the M1911 I think is already in the game its just its got an attachment that makes it look kinda ugly.

I don't think there's an M1911, but the Browning Hi-Power is in (Rascal's Way).