Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Money Refund for Servers Being Down

Perhelis

Haha, you didn't expect down time for patching an expansion?? What are you smoking so I can have some.

No, I've expected downtime for patching whatever. I fully understand that. But that's annoying enough as it is. No need for more. In 5 days, I've experienced servers down two times for patches and another two days when the servers are unable to be accessed. And that was only during my playtime. Was I just unlucky? However, I've paid for a month and lost a big chunk of the first week. As a new player to the game, I have no idea if this is normal here, maybe you guys just like the way you're treated. I don't see what's wrong in some approach like "hey, we're sorry, we screwed up, we cannot give you back the evenings when you were waiting to play the game after a hard day at work, but we can at least give your subscription time back".

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

dude, an entire DAY without TOR is going to equate to 50 cents.

yea 50 cents times the amount of days it is actually down times the amount of subscribers! if you work that number out you would get a funny message stating you have just robbed lots of money from lots of people

To some extent I agree -- but a company that always responds to people whining is one that will quickly fail financially.

Bioware doesn't need to reach deep pockets to show it cares. For example, sending out some re-coloured vanity pets or something wouldn't cost Bioware much and would earn many customers' gratitude.

Just saying "we are sorry" too often may give us a sense that the business doesn't really mean it or care about it.

I agree people should be polite as possible but few rage post can't mean most of its customers are inconsiderate and impatient about Bioware's mess up. Hence these rage post doesn't warrant Bioware to poorly treat the majority who don't post in this thread.

Bioware doesn't need to reach deep pockets to show it cares. For example, sending out some re-coloured vanity pets or something wouldn't cost Bioware much and would earn many customers' gratitude.

Just saying "we are sorry" too often may give us a sense that the business doesn't really mean it or care about it.

I agree people should be polite as possible but few rage post can't mean most of its customers are inconsiderate and impatient about Bioware's mess up. Hence these rage post doesn't warrant Bioware to poorly treat the majority who don't post in this thread.

I don't think they need to do much and giving away in game items costs them nothing, they are not implementing something new! As a company offering a paid service they are obliged to maintain a certain standard of service, i work hard for most of the week, and use the little time i have to relax before cooking dinner and putting my daughter to bed to try and play this game I'm "Paying" for and can't as the servers are down, firstly i have played many games for many years and yes I do understand games like this suffer with problems, but it is not good enough for the people behind the scenes to say nothing informative, i know the servers are down as i can't log into them, as i know that there is not eta without them telling me there is no eta. it makes us mad because they are telling us nothing useful

Seems like someone has been paying for the troll accounts again

Its no coincidence hat when a major update happens we suddenly get newish accounts with no avatar making general statements to cause drama. While im sure there are issues, the paid troll invasion seems to be distracting from it

Nope. He has a point. He is not complaining because the game is not running 24/7, but because he is losing his subscription time. He payed for 30 days, not for 29 or less.

Exactly the point of this whole thread!!! we paid for x not y or z so why do we get the latter?

Nope. He has a point. He is not complaining because the game is not running 24/7, but because he is losing his subscription time. He payed for 30 days, not for 29 or less.

Actually -- law requires them to have servers up for (I believe) 75% of the time. Assuming this is based on a month, it allows a total of 180 hours of NO ACCESS.

Don't like it? BW/EA is the wrong person to be angry with.

Also. Servers are back up. Y'all can go play now and stop getting upset on the forums.

Servers go down from time to time on all MMO's. If you can't handle that, the genre may not be for you.

Exactly. I'm honestly taken aback by the nerd rage going on about the fact that the servers are down unexpectedly. Crap happens, computers break, etc. Seriously, if anyone is freaking out about this, they need to seriously consider getting anger management therapy...or a life.

Edited by mrsrachelm

Seems like someone has been paying for the troll accounts again

Its no coincidence hat when a major update happens we suddenly get newish accounts with no avatar making general statements to cause drama. While im sure there are issues, the paid troll invasion seems to be distracting from it

Why would the "newish accounts with no avatar" ask for game time back if they were haters, trolling, paid by competition etc? No, the "newish accounts with no avatar" happen to post here because they cannot play the game. I would play the game if the servers were up, not post here (in fact, if I knew that some people are that dense on these boards, I would have not posted here at all).

This happens to be the week I started playing and paid for my sub. Not so good for me or for anyone else who started this week. And YES the first week is going to be representative of the entire experience in terms of making the decision to renew the sub or not. It would be STUPID of me to continue to purchase a service that is faulty in the only time frame I have to judge its overall quality.

No I am not going to take your word for it. I want to know how many cartel coins people get for doing damage control for swtor. I'll be more than happy to do that also.

Its not that we are doing damage control for Bioware. Its that we as rational people realize that any thing that deals with computers and electronics are subject to unexpected faults and catastrophic failures.

Wrong.

He paid for 30 days of service, minus the time needed for maintenance or various outages.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.