I didn't realize that Jedi Covenant was in New Jersey.... (Mafia?)

Swijr

So I log Swijr in, my crafter extraordinaire last night and I was hit with a whisper immediately.

Anon: "If you don't work with the other crafters, we're going to under cut you so you make no money" (summarized)

Me: "wth?"

This unnamed crafter continues telling me that him/her and another crafter "run the world" on techblades and that if I don't "come in line" I'll be run out.

I asked the crafter if they made "Veractiy Tech Blades" too (since that's all I craft) and was told "The name doesn't matter, just the level"... These are ignorant crafters we've got here folks.

So I was mad at first...and then I realized I should be flattered. I've disrupted someone's swtor experience SOOOO much, they feel a need to PVP me on the GTN. :)

I have screen shots that I forgot to move off my pc, I'll upload them later (removing the player names since I'm sure that's not allowed).

"Ah, welcome back to crafting Swijr... " LOL

Swijr

Sounds like a kid trying to be important in an MMO. Easily ignored. If someone undercuts me a lot, I just buy them out and relist at my price. So encourage them to undercut you. Much profit to be made.

Exactly, made plenty of money off this exact scenario, I love it when I'm able to buy up the greater majority of something, and mark it up for a nice profit. Helps get things back in order when the market starts getting screwy anyway.

I was told that he/she has 10 million and has no problem taking the loss to take me down.

lol

Swijr

Encourage them to do so. It will just make you money. Especially if they are selling under the cost of the mats. Taunt them a bit, encourage their stupidity.

I was told that he/she has 10 million and has no problem taking the loss to take me down.

lol

Swijr

lmao. 10 mil by crafter standards isn't much. if they try to buyout all of your goods, then resell, paying the gtn's commission....they may just take themselves down.

Meh I'd hate to be "that" guy but that is pretty much harrassment Id post it with the name showing asking for something to be done. The game is supposed to be a fun and a bit of escape from everyday stuff just like that

I can see something like this maybe within the group of crafters that were making 27's shortly after TFB released as the time/risk it took RE'ing barrels/armorings/mods, that small group of players may have wanted to control that portion of the market which is fair, and many of us would not have been able to min/max our DG sets without them, but techblades? cmon dude

That being said why do you need more than 5 mil creds in this game for anyways? Fungi tunic? Manastone? :p

Aside from having a bit of cash for repairs and moving around mods and looks sometimes and twinking an alt credits in this game serve little purpose

Edited by dego-harmonium

It's only harassment because I got a tell. If they just "did it" it would be a lesson in economics. I'm not worried, this person is an awful crafter and doesn't even know what they're doing. The fact that "the name doesn't matter" was his/her main point just made me lol.

(btw - for those that don't know, when you reverse engineer a green item, you have the chance to get 1 of 3 "blue" items". EACH blue item can be RE'd for a chance to get 1 of 6 PURPLE items. That means that there are 18 different purple named items PER base green that can be made. EACH name has a different set of core stats.)

This is why I'm not worried and why I'll still make money. :p

Swijr

Edited by Swijr

I still have one on my wizard :p I log onto EQ sometimes for nostalgia and click it like crazy, what is nuts is that people still play that game avidly my friends brother still plays my old rogue who prolly has 4k AA's by now,

Triton still going strong :phttp://tritonguild.net/

Lol I remember that guild. Was top 3 for a good while not sure where they are nowdays. Aas got to be stupid easy. Rogues now have an ability like ranger hs.

thats why i generally cackle at this servers drama its pretty tame, no girls sending pics of themselves for loot, or curt schilling trading baseballs for gear either :p,

imagine this server only had one instance of S&V/TFB and after it was cleared it was done for at least 3 days. We used to have to park mages we power leveled just to get the jump on triton back in the day, so we could summon peeps to our raid to encounter instead of clearing down.

then you would have to kill bosses so up and coming guilds couldn't gear up so they couldn't encroach on your raid targets, it was dirty business, but the world felt more alive,

i wish i still have a screen shot of the time i was roaming and i saw Pyzjin and killed him and got a GBS randomly but didnt notice some guy was camping him (for 18 hrs) the hate that was sent my way would be impossible to match :rak_04:

thats why i generally cackle at this servers drama its pretty tame, no girls sending pics of themselves for loot, or curt schilling trading baseballs for gear either :p,

imagine this server only had one instance of S&V/TFB and after it was cleared it was done for at least 3 days. We used to have to park mages we power leveled just to get the jump on triton back in the day, so we could summon peeps to our raid to encounter instead of clearing down.

then you would have to kill bosses so up and coming guilds couldn't gear up so they couldn't encroach on your raid targets, it was dirty business, but the world felt more alive,

i wish i still have a screen shot of the time i was roaming and i saw Pyzjin and killed him and got a GBS randomly but didnt notice some guy was camping him (for 18 hrs) the hate that was sent my way would be impossible to match :rak_04:

Not that some of you aren't soliciting for this very thing...