Crew skill 450 mission discoveries

Badfenix

Well the patch has been delayed because of a 'bug', most likely they set the sell price for new CM packs too low or the chance to actually get something besides filler junk in the packs was set too high.

Anyways it is unacceptable that these useless mats went live, both as this was reported on the PTS, as well as only a complete disregard for crew skills could have allowed new mats to be added that were useless.

Though I guess we should all be thankful with the progress they are making, as with the increased drop rates we'll go from getting 4 useless Perfect Carbonic Crystals to getting 5.

I think that you are takng a glass half empty viewpoint. To me the substantial increase in failed missions is a blessing and help keep the number of useless mats down. I am looking forward to getting more useless Perfect Carbonic Crystals after the patch goes live.

Also as one of the people who has been greatly looking forward to the new CM items, I can't wait until the patch goes live. If indeed the CM items were underpriced, a fix shoud be implemented before the patch goes live. I would hate to cheat the game out of it's due by getting my CM items on the cheap. By the way, there is no truth to what some people have been saying and that is the patch will be held back and sold as an expansion at some future date.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. Scavenging:

• Hollinium will no longer be acquirable through doing missions
  • The value of Hollinium will be slightly increased to compensate players their credits lost on those missions

Amber - PLEASE, now that the patch is delayed, can we have this "fix" addressed? I don't want money, I want my mats. I have almost 300 units of this stuff and would GLADLY take the comparable metal/compound so that I can craft with it.

Please reconsider.

Swijr

Edited by Swijr

Not sure about Hollinium, but Perfect Carbonic Crystals still drop from nodes and still only vendor for 150 credits. Running some bouniful missions, and crossing my fingers...

Hollonium vendors for 225, never checked what it went for before the patch... and also waiting on a mission return.

Not sure about Hollinium, but Perfect Carbonic Crystals still drop from nodes and still only vendor for 150 credits. Running some bouniful missions, and crossing my fingers...

Hollonium vendors for 225, never checked what it went for before the patch... and also waiting on a mission return.

I am still getting Hollonium and perfect Crystals from my missions

But i did get increased amount of mats from missions. Just got 16 toradium and even 20 from a mission

I still get Hollinium, Perfect Carbonic Crystals, and Viral Residue, none of which is useful in any recipe, and the price didn't increase. What is the ETA on fixing this now? And what about the slicing problem? Edited by Baldak

I am still getting Hollonium and perfect Crystals from my missions

Did you get any greens with these? It wouldn't be so bad if you got some greens with this unusable stuff. How can Bioware screw something up so bad that is simply an extension of a launch day feature?

Did you get any greens with these? It wouldn't be so bad if you got some greens with this unusable stuff. How can Bioware screw something up so bad that is simply an extension of a launch day feature?

Think of it yeah some of them returned green too!

I am currently making a spreadsheet of all the returns but i play in French so couldn't tell you the names of the Mats or Mission Exactly. When i'm done in french i'll work on a translation but here are some results you try and figure out the translation from mine and i can't tell if they are crits or not since i haven't done enough missions yet

Enjoy :rak_03:

Scavenging :

Mission | Return

War riches (?) | Copper Flux - 14

No peace in sight | Mythra - 14 Hollonium - 3

Trip with Jawas | Mythra - 8 ( crit ) 4 ( regular )

Lost with the Ghosts | Mythra - 6

Archeology :

Secrets Seline | Carbon Crystals - 8 Perfect Srystals - 2

Estimate exercice | Carbon Crystals - 8

Well sadly the junk materials still exist, the amounts required to craft items are still high, and lockboxes still run at a loss.

On a positive note, missions do return more materials, and even when they crit and bring back useless mats, they tend to also bring back useful mats.

Though I would be remiss if I didn't point out that all these issues were brought to Bioware's attention back in Feb / Mar, so no thanks will be given as these issues should never have gone live in the first place.

Hello again everyone,

The weekend is upon us! We've been listening to your feedback, and I wanted to be sure to give you folks an update about where we currently stand with regards to the various Crew Skill issues you're seeing.

As I stated in my last update, Patch 2.0.1 will contain a number of Crew Skill fixes:

[*]Increased the number of Bio-Mechanical Interface Chips and Thermal Regulators provided as rewards for level 400+ Slicing missions.

I don't think this has been fixed 100%. This morning when I logged on I received 2 Thermal Regulators from some of my regular 400+ Slicing missions. I then ran a 450 Slicing discovery mission and it just came back with 2 Thermal Regulators. The 450 discoveries should return more mats than the regular crits shouldn't they?

I also ran a 450 slicing mission and only got 2 purples and 4 blues from the mission. Really aggravating burning a slicing mission again without it being fixed.

before 2.0.1 it was 1 purple, so they changed something (but not to the old value of 4 from the 400s)

I did get two yesterday when I ran it, but perhaps it was a critical.

All 450 crew missions seemed to yield low mats compared to rich / bountiful crits, and compared to the cost / time factor.

Given lockboxes are a still a net loss and the 450 missions from lockbox crits don't bring back anything more than a rich / bountiful mission, I see no reason to run lockbox missions.

I just did a 450 mission for both Scavenging and Slicing, assuming both were fixed correctly.

My Scavenging Mission gave me 20 Mythra and 6 Hollinium.

My Slicing Mission gave me 2 Thermal Regulators and Bio-Mechanical Interface Chips.

Bioware, whatever you tried to fix, it didn't fix correctly. Please look at 450 missions again.

EDIT: Additionally, did 3 Scavenging Missions (1 Rich, 1 Bountiful, 1 Abundant)

Results: 2 Hollinium/6 Turadium, 3 Hollinium/10 Turadium, 8 Hollinium/0 Turadium (Crit).

It is still worse as a Scavenger to Crit on a mission than not to crit on a Mission. This should never happen. Please fix this ASAP.

Edited by ValantheLiadon
Additional Results