At what time does 2.0 Start on Sunday?

SaNgGoLd

I'd guess Midnight PDT, since that is what they were shooting for on the 9th. That's UTC-8.

DAMN. I was hoping they'd aim for midnight central. But that's just because I'm EST and the hour wait will be annoying :-D

Would be nice to get an official answer, though -- even just confirming Midnight PDT -- because this time it won't be dependent on a patch, unless they do a quick patch saturday night.

Hey folks! We'll be posting details for you tomorrow, but our current plan will have folks able to access RotHC early in the morning (our time) on the 14th.

Err, can you define "early" morning, Amber? Is that like pre-dawn hours, or "starting my working day" hours (like 8 AM)?

If it's the latter that pretty much means half the day will be over already before it goes live for everyone in Europe...

Edit: Got too focused on the time, looking forward to seeing the answer when it gets posted tomorrow. :)

Edited by Callaron

Hey folks! We'll be posting details for you tomorrow, but our current plan will have folks able to access RotHC early in the morning (our time) on the 14th.

THANKS! Very happy to hear that Amber, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for tomorrows details! :-D

That means at afternoon at our time :p

Edited by sergos

Early your time better be 00:01 otherwise that sucks for 3/4 of the whole world as our sundays will be over when you release it which is another *********** kick in the crotch

Why do early access get a midnight release yet the vast majority of your players get screwed on the OFFICIAL RELEASE !!!

Edited by Mercia

Oh goodie, so us poor bastards in europe will get it sometime in the afternoon/evening on sunday... good thing i have the day off on monday then...

Not to be a downer, but next time you release something big with a pre-release event, try to time the actual release to occur on a friday or saturday and then adjust the pre-release entry according to that instead of basing it all on your regular maintenance like you did this time.

I dont care that some get to play 5 days before everyone else, but that you release a major expansion on a sunday simply because you implement it on a tuesday maintenance and then add the 5 days of pre-release to that.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Early your time better be 00:01 otherwise that sucks for 3/4 of the whole world as our sundays will be over when you release it which is another *********** kick in the crotch

Why do early access get a midnight release yet the vast majority of your players get screwed on the OFFICIAL RELEASE !!!

Are you 10 years old or something? Crying about something that hasn't even happened yet.

I'm sorry -- did they not do maintenance during US prime time this week, when deploying 2.0/Early Access?

Deal with it. No matter when they release, it will ALWAYS be complained about by at least one person.

This is just a problem with online services where most are either centered in the US or runs off US time.

This is just how the internet works and it is not going to change for a while.

The only way they can realistically do this is to do any patches at the same time for all servers.

Some people may wish they would do different countries at different time but then most likely Europe would get all of the patches first and I would not be surprised to see a few hardcore raiding guilds go to european servers.

This is just a problem with online services where most are either centered in the US or runs off US time.

I think most people understand that.

It does seem a little mean to release it on a Sunday though which means most people in the world won't really get time to play until the next weekend... well except those nolifers with no jobs, but most of them will already have been in early access.

Personally, I might get an hour or two late Sunday night, then I have to work Monday-Friday, then I have next Saturday to play then I'm away on a business trip for 3-4 days so in two weekends time I might have time to sit down and actually play through.

Today IS "tomorrow"! Do we know the time it's opening up yet? I'm actually planning my sunday around this...

Not yet -- but I'm sure they'll let us know before the end of the business day -- which will give ya ~2 days to plan.

I'm in the same boat -- I'd like to know if I should sleep Saturday night or not :-D

Amber! Any news for us yet?!

Need to stock up on some coffee and energy drinks -- or grab some sleeping pills! :-D

Maybe I'll grab some lays to snack on, too. But not those Chicken & Waffles ones -- they taste like maple syrup.