The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Are hilts bound to slot now?

Bunions

I noticed that armorings can now be bound to waist/braces (they used to not be able to). So can the same be said for offhand saber/hilts ? I was gonna buy the weaponmaster's offhand saber for 140 elite comms with the plan of ripping the hilt out and putting it in my mainhand. Can I still do this or will the hilt be bound to offhand?

sucked it up and bit the bullet. Bought the Black market offhand saber......ripped out the hilt and indeed it was BOUND TO OFFHAND. Be aware of this in the future, guess the only way to get the mainhand hilt is from....the main hand token.

sucked it up and bit the bullet. Bought the Black market offhand saber......ripped out the hilt and indeed it was BOUND TO OFFHAND. Be aware of this in the future, guess the only way to get the mainhand hilt is from....the main hand token.

Yeah, but can't you just put it into an orange shell that can be use in both hands and then just put it in your main hand? That's what we use to do. Just put that off hand hilt into a orange custom saber and then place that saber in your main hand. That use to work before 2.0, it should still work.

Yeah, but can't you just put it into an orange shell that can be use in both hands and then just put it in your main hand? That's what we use to do. Just put that off hand hilt into a orange custom saber and then place that saber in your main hand. That use to work before 2.0, it should still work.

No it won't work. That is what this whole thread is about. The offhand hilt is same as the armorings now. You can only put in the slot where you ripped it from. Same goes for all offhands btw not only sabers, but also generators and shields.

No it won't work. That is what this whole thread is about. The offhand hilt is same as the armorings now. You can only put in the slot where you ripped it from. Same goes for all offhands btw not only sabers, but also generators and shields.

O snap they fixed this hu? I was wondering how long they would let this slip.

O snap they fixed this hu? I was wondering how long they would let this slip.

Some fix. This change was completely unneeded and it's obnoxious. They took a step forward and made planetary commendations work far better and then took a step back with this. The goal should be to make the game more fun to play and easy to use all the time.

Well, it is as it should be from start. To make it equal fro those classes who's imp side had barrels on both hands, while rep counter, to had armorings (so you get 2 offhands and put barrels from 1 off hand to main hand - which is alot easyier-only avalible to one side, not fair)

also it's to make gear grind longer and set bonuses as intended (like on my sin I took my pve dps gear, and putted in L63 armorings/mods pvp, keeping pve bonus +15% to trash/VC while having pvp stats-not to mention, braces/belts were 2-3 times cheaper...)

Taken from the 2.0 Patch Notes:

•Extracted level 51+ Armoring modifications of Artifact Quality and higher now become bound to the type of gear the mod was extracted from (Chest, Legs, Head, etc).

(under "Items and Economy" > "General").

So basically, until level 50 you can move stuff around freely. Then, once you start to have level 51 armorings and barrels/hilts they become bound to the slot. NOTE: Mods and Enhancements are not affected by this.

Taken from the 2.0 Patch Notes:

(under "Items and Economy" > "General").

So basically, until level 50 you can move stuff around freely. Then, once you start to have level 51 armorings and barrels/hilts they become bound to the slot. NOTE: Mods and Enhancements are not affected by this.

Ah, well, that's not quite so bad. All the same, the only reason to do this is to make the endgame more of a grind, which is always the wrong answer, no matter how desperate an MMO is to keep its players playing. Give us content that's fun to play and we'll keep playing, regardless of the reward. I have never heard a player say that grinding the same stuff over and over is fun... there's a reason it's called a grind.