The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tank version of Kolto Overload

Phorenzyk

Am I understanding this wrong? As I read it, when talented, activating Kolto Overload causes you to be healed for 2% of your max health ever second you're above 30.. But I don't seem to be getting that heal. Do I have to have KO activated and dip below 30% first for that extra healing to kick in, or is this a bug?

Had a few occasions to test the new Kolto Overload yesterday and it works like that:

to use it you need to be below 30%. IF the heal gets you above 30% the healing reduces alot and still heals you (probably for those 2% per seconds, but numbers appear in a row for like 10 times per second).

To give you some numbers when i used it below 30% it was spamming heals worth of 220hp (more or less), when it went above 30% it was spamming heals worth of 90hp (more or less) with the same speed tho.

I admit i like those changes alot and KO helped me in some harsh situations, definitely a great change.

Wasnt paying alot of attention to the mechanics, so i hope i havent overlooked something.

Hope i helped :)

Am I understanding this wrong? As I read it, when talented, activating Kolto Overload causes you to be healed for 2% of your max health ever second you're above 30.. But I don't seem to be getting that heal. Do I have to have KO activated and dip below 30% first for that extra healing to kick in, or is this a bug?

I, too, thought it worked like you did. Perhaps a wording change would help.

As quirez says, it only kicks in once the Heart Monitor bit triggers at < 30% health, and then heals (when > 30% HP) for the 8s that Heart Monitor lasts.

It's better than it was, but still don't feel it's really up there with some of the other defensive abilities in the game.

Interesting.. I personally have found it much less useful, though I admit part of that is probably due to rolling with a player healer. I've only ever used Kolto Overload in two situations - to "top off" myself to save the healer a couple seconds, or for a little spare insurance while bumrushing a health pickup in pvp.

I guess I've never seen it as a defensive CD. I doubt i will now, either. More often than not, the few times I did drop below 30% and remember to pop it, my (operative) healer scolded me for stealing her free surgical probe.

same here for troopers adrenaline rush...

i have same problem with the tool tip as it: or says wrong, or is bugged and not working as intended...

if its working as intended its a big nerf to tanks over all... cause we cant control our health anymore...

and in PVP when you go below 30% there is hard any chance against smashers or shadows that you will get back up even with adrenaline rush...

some word from devs about this would be nice...

as this has no sense anymore...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still not sure if it's a good change or a bad one, but it's a much more situational move now. Like people are saying, you can only activate it if you're under 30%, and it's much less effective when you go back over 30%. I've had some success fitting in shoulder cannon now instead when i want some quick heals; if you're ready with it ahead of time you can get 20% of you health back pretty quick.

this is a terrible change...

I've yet to have a moment where it would be useful, AND I'm able to apply it...lets do math here...

Say your toon has 30,000 which is average for a tank and good for a dps for the moment from what i've seen.

30% is 9,000 health. big mobs hit for 6-10K on a big hit. So there is a better than average chance that 1-2 seconds after a KO procs, a dps is gunna get killed and in many cases(when a tank pops it and doesn't get a heal) a tank will go down on the next hit. What a waste. It may work for solo stuff, but in an OP i just can't see its viability.

It used to be useful as a top-off as some had mentioned before, but now, I can't use it for even that. I've popped it a lot in harry situations. in every instance, it has worn off and started the CD. My healer just heals me and keeps me above 30% too well for my KO to help them.

I'm sure it's great for that short list of times when it goes off and is useful...but please BW make it a little more useful for us...make it so that we can click it again to consume the monitor and give us health back instantly like it used to be. It's that simple really.