It's great to PVE with no Damage Meters

Neeseek

EQ wasn't hard. Please try again.

funny because you think WoW is hard, that is even more of a joke.

EQ might not have all the fancy mechanics, but people did learn how to work without all those addons and are by far better players then the addons generation.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this suggestion.

DPS meters for Dummies/Raids

no DPS meters for Flashpoints.

Well from the conversation last night; what I suspect is Bioware will add some type of training area where people can go to see how much damage they do and what rotation works best for them.

If they can't do a certain percent of DPS they simply won't be allowed in a particular operation. That keeps the legitimate raiders happy because they won't be frustrated by someone not pulling their weight and it also gives the finger to those people who want to use it just to degrade and insult others.

I didn't pug in WoW and I won't pug in this game (as my healer or dps). So it doesn't matter to me either way. I always thought dps meters you can link and showboat were kind of silly and a little petty. Personal use ones are fine, that way you can actually see if you are improving or can improve.

EQ might not have all the fancy mechanics, but people did learn how to work without all those addons and are by far better players then the addons generation.

Negative. Top raiders from EQ can't hold a candle to top WoW heroic guilds. It's not even a topic open to debate. There is a reason that Everquest died away, it's not because it was too challenging.

This is not about silly 4-mans and being a jerk towards others. It's about raids, something you clearly have no notion about. You can't have successful raids with 1 guy doing 200dps and another 6k.

You also can't tell the difference between the 2 unless you study them closely. Which you aren't supposed to be doing anyway if the raids are hard because you'll be focusing on your own char to stay alive, maximize dps, avoid crap, interrupt etc.

EQ was a zergfest that required 0 skills. Even the current LFR in WoW provides harder content than that joke of an MMO.

Old EQ was not a zerg feast yes latter it became one when peopel could gatehr 70+ peopel to zerg a boss but the first year it was not. Since you call it a joke you obviosuly never played it way back when. It is Kinda funny becasue the old EQ's who try wow think how the fight require little skill when compared to the old EQ bosses.

WoW is hard, when you're doing hardmodes before any nerfs and whanot and sitting in a top50 spot.

I do realize not everyone knows this because most people barely manage to clear normal modes and their experience comes from that.

The comments of some ppl are amazing TBH.

"I dont want a DMG meter so i can cast spells i like." SRLS?! It's cuz of ppl like you that PuGs are a horrible, but guess its ok for casual players.

I cant wait for a DPS meter so i can see how good/bad i am doing and to play more effectively to help my group.

WoW is hard, when you're doing hardmodes before any nerfs and whanot and sitting in a top50 spot.

I do realize not everyone knows this because most people barely manage to clear normal modes and their experience comes from that.

This. The vast majority can't hack it in progression guilds. I know I can't, and I'm positive I'm better than 95% of the fools out there. Especially those people thinking we'll be able to recruit for raiding without having any metrics to judge people on.

Being able to remove people that suck is worth having a few people spaming thier number every 30 seconds.We need a combat log/meter addon.Don't like it,stop sucking.

But is worth pissing off over half of your subscribers?

I'm pretty sure that is the question Bioware is asking themselves currently and one of the reasons it's "delayed."

But is worth pissing off over half of your subscribers?

I'm pretty sure that is the question Bioware is asking themselves currently and one of the reasons it's "delayed."

It never pissed off that many and it won't in this game either, I mean for ffs you can just put people on ignore you know, it's not hard.

Being able to remove people that suck is worth having a few people spaming thier number every 30 seconds.We need a combat log/meter addon.Don't like it,stop sucking.

you can't realise if someone is bad without a damage meter? really? :eek:

Who said the game, we're talking abut making it easier to remove bad players from you group, thus making the game more fun? Get it?

which is part of the game.

I have plenty of fun without the damage meter and a damage meter TAKES from my fun. so obviously I'm against it.

With no dps meter, it feels like a game. If you are a professional, of course you would want that meter, but I don't see how it improves the enjoyment of the game. Admittedly, as a relatively inexperienced rdps, I'm not sure I want to see how poorly I'm doing at damage, but I can tell when I'm doing well without any kind of damage meter. I'm in no danger of being kicked, since I don't need to use pugs, but I still don't like the idea of it being so explicit.

I do want some sort of personal use combat log though. I like seeing what the actual results of a given ability against a given enemy are, and I am too busy during the fight to pay overly much attention to that. I'd also like to know how well my cover is working at defeating ranged attacks based on what kind of cover it is, and what position the enemies are to me.

Someone brought up the idea that you can't tell the difference between an extremely low and good output by a party member without a meter, and that is just so much bunk. With a healer, it is extremely easy to tell if they are healing well. With a dps, how quickly do the enemies they are fighting go down when they switch? Problem solved.

which is part of the game.

I have plenty of fun without the damage meter and a damage meter TAKES from my fun. so obviously I'm against it.

Ok let me try and explain it you more simply since you are having trouble understanding...

Trying to figure out who is screwing the group over and making you wipe = no fun

Having damage meters tell exactly who is causing your wipes and replacing them with a good player and enjoying the instance = fun

You got it or do we need to make a pop-up book?

Nope.

It has everything to do with guild control freaks kicking people for not being up to snuff instead of teaching them. Name one guild that actually taught people instead of just g-kicking them and removing them from the raid.

What's that? No response? It's ok.

Mine? We are a close nit group of about 15 friends. Some of them would bring in friends of theres, who were bad, and we fixed them. Or, if they didn't want to put the time and effort into getting fixed, then they didn't raid.

Its not about being an ******e. Its about killing Hardmode content.

And the "elitism" begins. NO, we do not need meters of any kind. We need people willing to just play the game. If you need some meter to tell you something about someone else...you are not playing YOUR game but wishing someone else to be playing yours.