It's great to PVE with no Damage Meters

Neeseek

Yeah just like the ones who promised to look me up on the forums on launch day just to say I told you so right? :rolleyes:

They are conspicuously absent.

I've got no clue what you're talking about. Combat logs have been disabled since beta since they weren't working properly and still needed to have work done on them, but will be added once they fixed the issues.

It was a known fact they weren't going to make it on release just like many other things.

If you can't manage to see that without a combat log or dps meter then you have some more serious problems.

Agree with the OP, finally people have to re-learn how read their skill descriptions, think and to watch the fights instead of the meters.

Please do enlighten me how you can tell the difference between some guy doing 200 dps and another doing 6k without an actual meter. Obviously not talking about being totally afk, but one spamming random skills.

In a 16-people raid environment. Please i'll be waiting.

Edited by Skeelol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love this game, without addons, no kids screaming in chat because someone dropped its dps.

tbh this game has a great community atm, dont ruine it by adding stuff like this, as it will become elitisch.

ofc i know not everyone uses those toolss to put off other people but MANY do.

Well said!

let the elitist jerks quit.

I've got no clue what you're talking about. Combat logs have been disabled since beta since they weren't working properly and still needed to have work done on them, but will be added once they fixed the issues.

It was a known fact they weren't going to make it on release just like many other things.

Hey guy whatever makes you sleep at night...but tell me this will you still be stamping your foot and saying: "just you wait" this time next month or even two months down the line?

Honestly it makes no never-mind to me I have a group I play with and none of us need meters, I'm just going by what the devs have said lately.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

Hey guy whatever makes you sleep at night...but tell me this will you still be stamping your foot and saying: "just you wait" this time next month or even two months down the line?

Honestly it makes no never-mind to me I have a group I play with and none of us need meters, I'm just going by what the devs have said lately.

They are adding a combat log.

Edited by scrynen

i really miss dmg meter, would be nice to have so i can monitor my own performance, so much easier to pin point my mistaces when i can see and compare DPS...

there are several ways to know when something is wrong in your build / playstyle.

a personal damage meter could ofc help, a other way is by experience, useing your build / playstyle over and over and tweak it until you find it good for yourself.

thats what gaming is about in MMO, making sure the game feels right for you, not for someone els.

regards.

ps: like i said ^^ a personal damage meter could work, but i think alot of people prefer to not have one where you can see it from everyone in the group.

So you want this game to die and have no future content? Sweet, didn't know you hated bioware so much.

Like i said if they didn't care, they wouldn't have even put 3 difficulty raids in the game. Without being able to tell who's screwing up in a 16 man raid, those things will either be hilariously easy even on the highest level of difficulty or impossible to do with so many clueless people around who think you can take bosses down by being mature and polite.

So you want this game to die and have no future content? Sweet, didn't know you hated bioware so much.

Like i said if they didn't care, they wouldn't have even put 3 difficulty raids in the game. Without being able to tell who's screwing up in a 16 man raid, those things will either be hilariously easy even on the highest level of difficulty or impossible to do with so many clueless people around who think you can take bosses down by being mature and polite.

Just ignore people like him. If he seriously think that they are going to have truly difficult nightmare mode bosses with enrage timers, and not add in a combat log, then he's crazy.

Nope and neither does Bioware people who oppose damage meters are about at 60%...implementing something that is going to piss off over half your base...isn't really smart and Bioware knows that.

You also keep saying: "clueless people around who think you can take bosses down by being mature and polite"

Which basically means you want a Meter for the specific reason of acting like a jerk towards others.

Please do enlighten me how you can tell the difference between some guy doing 200 dps and another doing 6k without an actual meter. Obviously not talking about being totally afk, but one spamming random skills.

In a 16-people raid environment. Please i'll be waiting.

If you have to ask this question you have clearly not learned enough about the game you are playing. Back in EQ there were no dmg meters, but it was pretty easy to tell who were sub-par dps wise and who were top-performers. Without external tools you get to pay attention to things such as positioning, animations of attacks, spell effects etc.

Can't say if Swtors mechanics works in a similar way, but I've never had to check a dmg meter to know who is poor at their role be it in a raid or in a group.

Besides in a raid environment there are many more factors to consider than pure dps, such as crowd control, positioning, handling adds etc. Use your brain to figure out which parts need improvement and who isn't living up to their role.

(Note: In EQ we did parse combat logs after bossfights, but mostly to analyze the dmg output and patterns of the bosses)

Nope and neither does Bioware people who oppose damage meters are about at 60%...implementing something that is going to piss off over half your base...isn't really smart and Bioware knows that.

You also keep saying: "clueless people around who think you can take bosses down by being mature and polite"

Which basically means you want a Meter for the specific reason of acting like a jerk towards others.

This is not about silly 4-mans and being a jerk towards others. It's about raids, something you clearly have no notion about. You can't have successful raids with 1 guy doing 200dps and another 6k.

You also can't tell the difference between the 2 unless you study them closely. Which you aren't supposed to be doing anyway if the raids are hard because you'll be focusing on your own char to stay alive, maximize dps, avoid crap, interrupt etc.

If you have to ask this question you have clearly not learned enough about the game you are playing. Back in EQ there were no dmg meters, but it was pretty easy to tell who were sub-par dps wise and who were top-performers. Without external tools you get to pay attention to things such as positioning, animations of attacks, spell effects etc.

Can't say if Swtors mechanics works in a similar way, but I've never had to check a dmg meter to know who is poor at their role be it in a raid or in a group.

Besides in a raid environment there are many more factors to consider than pure dps, such as crowd control, positioning, handling adds etc. Use your brain to figure out which parts need improvement and who isn't living up to their role.

(Note: In EQ we did parse combat logs after bossfights, but mostly to analyze the dmg output and patterns of the bosses)

EQ was a zergfest that required 0 skills. Even the current LFR in WoW provides harder content than that joke of an MMO.

Edited by Zilrota
removed troll comment

fantastic, I can finally enjoy flashpoints without some kid linking his meter every 3 mins to brag.

what a blast, thanks for not including a combat log bioware!

I agree

only issue im running into is the WOW mentality that more dps solves all that a great many players seem to have

Once you break them of that (or just drop them from group) the combats are fun and engaging in the heroics and flashpoints!

My only wish is flashpoints and heroics started to scale upwards with you as you level so if you have a favorite flashpoint (I love Esseles and Jedi Prisoner flashpoints personally) you can go back and do them with out them being a mindless cake walk once youve out leveled them.

Really another way to fix this is allow us to lock our characters at a level despite xp gain. DAoC use to do this for Battlegrounds and it would work well here so you dont outlevel content and make it boring while you do it for the story.

I know id lock up at high end of each planet so Im not continueing to out level content I wanna do and see

Well yeah, but 37% of people said they really want it, while 21.5% are undecided.

Again all I keep getting out of you is "Just you wait" with nothing to back it up. :)

They said they were unhappy with their previous combat log and were re-tooling it and expect it to be in the game shortly after launch. This was posted back on the beta forums which were wiped in early December.

They also confirmed combat logging, which is all people need for parsers and eventual damage meters.

sorry if i'm reading your reply wrong.

the game will not die, for not having a dps meter.

if people say they are the best raiders around / players they will not need a dps meter to know when they fail or not.

been raid leader myself in many games and without a dps meter i know when something is wrong and most of the time i know what is wrong.

without all these tools.

and because we work as a team, analazing the fight we improve faster then people that do tank and spank fight aviod the fire bosses in games.

my point is:

addons => kill teamwork => ruin its athompshere.

no addons => improve teamwork => less elitsch game player => better community => more joy to play the game.

ofc everyone has his own opinion about this.

They said they were unhappy with their previous combat log and were re-tooling it and expect it to be in the game shortly after launch. This was posted back on the beta forums which were wiped in early December.

They also confirmed combat logging, which is all people need for parsers and eventual damage meters.

Pretty much this.

I admit. Back in that OTHER game, I used a couple meters, tracked my numbers, tried to improve with my guild, etc.

In PUGs, there were always people linking their meters, insulting each other, and generally just being bad to each other.

In all the PUGs I've been in here in SWTOR, with no meters, we actually made conversation. Nobody's been worried about DPS, or the occassional wipe. They get up, reposition, say "Okay, what did that boss just do? Spawned adds at half health? We can get him this time." instead of screaming about "You were 1k DPS too short nub, fail more, we wiped because of you!" /kick.

Instead, it's been really laid back, and a whole lot of fun. I think we can actually do alright without meters.

This is not about silly 4-mans and being a jerk towards others. It's about raids, something you clearly have no notion about. You can't have successful raids with 1 guy doing 200dps and another 6k.

You also can't tell the difference between the 2 unless you study them closely. Which you aren't supposed to be doing anyway if the raids are hard because you'll be focusing on your own char to stay alive, maximize dps, avoid crap, interrupt etc.

EQ was a zergfest that required 0 skills. Even the current LFR in WoW provides harder content than that joke of an MMO.

Anyone who says EQ was a zergfest never stepped foot in a EQ Raid and most certainly never woke the sleeper. You basically have shown that you have very little knowledge and want raiding to be reduced to a DPS E-peen fest. This is why so many people are speaking out against meters. They want to return integrity back to raiding.

Edited by Zilrota
removed reply

There is no need for damage meters whatsoever.

If you cannot figure out how to play your own class without one, you're the one who's "baddie", not the one who doesn't want the meters.

If a raid leader needs a meter to figure out if someone in the raid is slacking or not, he's a very bad raid leader.

Yup, as soon as they put in a combat log a parser will be made.