The outright lies people are telling regarding bolster.

biowareftw

I'm mostly talking about situations where I see 1vs1 going on and decide to make it 1vs2 by starting to heal the ally, i.e. someone calls incs and I rush to the scene. Yeah, the ally dps could bring the guy down, but if enemy is better, not so much. Also I can bring the enemy down, and it usually ends up me finishing the enemy when the ally dps is dead, but that would make me just another dps - and I'd really like to be able to mostly level my healer characters as healers and occasionally dps a little on the side, but it seems I'd be more useful as a dps.

I see, I know what you mean. I think in some respects is not bad. After all even if you don't manage to heal your ally when you are rushing to an inc call, at least you can delay the attacker long enough for him to come back in the scene. Healing, dpsing, ccing are best used when they are used for the benefit of the warzone objectives I think. To be honest, as I said I can't remember what scoundrels were like at l10 but sage/sorcs at level 10 are "confused". In fact prior to 2.0 it would have been better from a pvp perspective to put the first two points in the decreased cast time of deliverance and play as a heals/dps hybrid that runs out of force and wipes out the floor with the rest of the team so you can recover or you die and come back. At around level 21 you could switch to a pure dps once you get the balance/madness skill. Another example, sentinels are better levelling with watchman tree up to a certain level and then swap to combat or focus. But this is a nice thing IMO as you actually get a chance to taste all trees.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, please enlighten us, how you LOS to player A and not player B if they both occupy the exact same spot.

There are many parameters. I understand your points but there are ways to get around it. Every class has hots and aoe heals. So you could use those, then LOS, and come back after a couple of secs where your pursuer has changed target (as this is the typical behaviour). In fact aoe heals (like aoe damage) do not require LOS, just a good angle. Also top melee dpsers pay particular attention to two things: a) their healer is not attacked, b) they stay in healing range; and the longer you play with your healer it becomes like second nature for both. Also you can't both you and your healing target be taking damage at the same time from one player.

Yes, please enlighten us, how you LOS to player A and not player B if they both occupy the exact same spot.

It's quite simple, i find it funny i have to explain this on the PVP forums.

This game has an "EXTREMELY" long GCD, if you can't utilise the time in between abilities correctly and just turret or stay out in the open, then you deserve all the heat you get.

I play operative healer as a main. It's safe to say that when im spotted in a warzone, i am not let of lightly. It's also safe to say, i usually die less than everyone else on my team.

This is only down to positioning.

How many times on average do i lose (solo puggin).....?

I can easily log in, PVP for hours, get 0 losses and MVP every match.

Here is a fine example of what the scoreboard looks like for me..... on average.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2z8ux45.jpg

http://oi45.tinypic.com/egzoub.jpg

I can post more if you like.

I don't know why you think any of those details are relevant, but my 36 Commando has 24K HP naked and the equivalent of around 1500 expertise. /thread

I meanwhile wear gear and have 24K HPs, > 2K main stat and 2018 expertise, what was your point?

It's quite simple, i find it funny i have to explain this on the PVP forums.

This game has an "EXTREMELY" long GCD, if you can't utilise the time in between abilities correctly and just turret or stay out in the open, then you deserve all the heat you get.

Epic Logic fail.

Getting in behind cover between GCD still makes you loose LOS to both players at the same time, contrary to you repeated claims that this would NEVER happen.

It is quite embarassing that you contradict yourself within only a couple of pages. Let me recap tha for you:

Imagine you teammate and the enemy are in the same spot, i.e. occupy the same hitbox. Can you LOS the enemy without LOS your teammate? No, you can't.

To which you replied:

You can.

Would you like me to explain how?

And your explanation is now: Oh well, just lose LOS with BOTH of them between GCD.

/golfclap

Just take the relics off.. The rest of the slots bolster just fine, it's the relic slots that are screwing up the bolster.

On my new 50 'slinger, taking off my recruit earpiece, implants, etc. made my stats go up in a big way. Bolster has trouble with slots that might be empty for low level players and expertise gear pre 55.

Epic Logic fail.

Getting in behind cover between GCD still makes you loose LOS to both players at the same time, contrary to you repeated claims that this would NEVER happen.

It is quite embarassing that you contradict yourself within only a couple of pages. Let me recap tha for you:

To which you replied:

And your explanation is now: Oh well, just lose LOS with BOTH of them between GCD.

/golfclap

I think i motivated you to write an essay. Pat yourself on the back.

If you really believe that what you are saying is accurate, then i pity you.

I'm also not the only one to point this out, but i guess i irritated you enough, to just respond to me!

Edited by Scotland

On my new 50 'slinger, taking off my recruit earpiece, implants, etc. made my stats go up in a big way. Bolster has trouble with slots that might be empty for low level players and expertise gear pre 55.

Recruit is kinda screwed up with stats (has lower stats than equivalent PvE stuff), and lower expertise. Bolster sees recruit stuff and goes meh, you don't need much bolstering. Drop in some PvE stuff in those slots, guarantee you'll see your numbers go up more than leaving them empty. When I start taking off my campaign ear, implants, wrist and belt, my stats go down. The only slots where my stats go up with being empty is relics. You can get campaign gear with classic comms (doing level 50 HM FPs, one LFG reward, plus daily, plus intro to LFG got me 45 classic comms running 1 Maelstrom Prison hard mode, without doing the bonus boss).

Seriously, I'm rolling out with 1992 expertise, 2485 str, 24.5k hp, 1000-1400 melee damage, 36% crit, 77% surge, 100% melee accuracy in Vigilance spec. In Focus spec with the same gear, accuracy drops to 98%, surge goes up to 92%, rest stays the same. Sorry but I am destroying naked people in my PvE set. Naked is not better, it's just the relics that are causing the problem. Go back to page 4 and read my post showing what happens when you equip relics, strength dropped by 200 points, endurance dropped by 36, expertise dropped by 26. Honestly I think that is really where bolster should put me, but people who have empty relic slots are getting main stat out of a slot that shouldn't be getting main stat. So for now, the only fix in the immediate future is to remove your relics and get that main stat bump as well. Once that issue is fixed, bolster will work like this:

PVE gear gets expertise, but not much in the way of other stats (depending on gear level, grade 61 seems to be where bolster wants to put gearing at).

PVP gear gets other stats, but not much expertise (again grade 61 is where bolster seems to be pushing, EWH is grade 63 so you don't get much secondary stats, but do get more main stat and endurance).

Bolster is working perfectly fine, as intended, excepting the relic slots giving main stat if they are empty. Once that issue is squashed, anyone running around naked intentionally will be squashed too.

/thread

I'm also not the only one to point this out, but i guess i irritated you enough, to just respond to me!

No, you are really the only one who has claimed that you can LOS one player but not the other if both are standing in the same spot. Must be he voices in your head than.

Happy gaming.

No, you are really the only one who has claimed that you can LOS one player but not the other if both are standing in the same spot. Must be he voices in your head than.

Happy gaming.

If that's how you picked it up then fine with me. LOL

There are many parameters. I understand your points but there are ways to get around it. Every class has hots and aoe heals. So you could use those, then LOS, and come back after a couple of secs where your pursuer has changed target (as this is the typical behaviour). In fact aoe heals (like aoe damage) do not require LOS, just a good angle. Also top melee dpsers pay particular attention to two things: a) their healer is not attacked, b) they stay in healing range; and the longer you play with your healer it becomes like second nature for both. Also you can't both you and your healing target be taking damage at the same time from one player.

Have fun.

Edited by Scotland