The outright lies people are telling regarding bolster.

biowareftw

hide behind a wall, then he cant pew pew you.

As I said, I'm using sniper as an example, melee dps cause trouble too. Also, me hiding behind a wall doesn't really help when I'm a healer and I'm actually supposed to keep alive that guy you takes all the pew pew.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, I'm using sniper as an example, melee dps cause trouble too. Also, me hiding behind a wall doesn't really help when I'm a healer and I'm actually supposed to keep alive that guy you takes all the pew pew.

Yes it does, when you use Line Of Sight. You dont need to LOS your team members, just the annoying sniper sitting in the back.

Since 2.0, ive rolled in Min Max 63 PVP armor, just without the relics/implants. I take a little more dmg (than prior to 2.0), but nothing i cant handle as a healer.

Edited by Scotland

Yes it does, when you use Line Of Sight. You dont need to LOS your team members, just the annoying sniper sitting in the back.

Since 2.0, ive rolled in Min Max 63 PVP armor, just without the relics/implants. I take a little more dmg, but nothing i cant handle as a healer.

No, the problem is usually that the problematic dps is killing a dps from our team and I'm supposed to keep that team member alive when it seems that he can lose half of his life while I'm trying to channel my big heal (which, though, does often heal almost 1/3 of his hp).

No, the problem is usually that the problematic dps is killing a dps from our team and I'm supposed to keep that team member alive when it seems that he can lose half of his life while I'm trying to channel my big heal (which, though, does often heal almost 1/3 of his hp).

Spoken like a true amateur.

Just curious: Cany ou buy somehwhere carriable cover in 2.0?

Because depending on the map and the snipers positions it *might* not be always possibe to LOS the sniper and not your teammates, making your "L2P" advice a rather meaningless excericse in theorycrafting, no?"

Just curious: Cany ou buy somehwhere carriable cover in 2.0?

Because depending on the map and the snipers positions it *might* not be always possibe to LOS the sniper and not your teammates, making your "L2P" advice a rather meaningless excericse in theorycrafting, no?"

There is ALWAYS a chance to LOS. Picking your moments to do so, is what makes the difference.

Then don't complain about something you know very little about?

I've pvped for around 6 months now and brought up a problem I have seen occuring in 10-29 bracket. Somehow I missed the part where average pvp players couldn't comment things. Must be my bad. I'm sure you ah-so-heavenly-good people know everything about how life is here in average skill level.

The TTK is shorter. I'm not the only one who has noticed this. This means that matches are much more hectic, which means that it does matter if I cast my big heal now or after 0.1 seconds. Not to mention that tanking is more uncommon in 10-29 (many classes that should have i.e. taunts don't have them because of the level), which increases the amount of people having nothing to do but dps. I've actually wondered if I should just give up healing till I get to level 30 and dps, since I seem to get the 3k in one blow-medal after using backstab and shiv a few times.

But why should you listen to me, oh heavenly? I'm just a commoner.

I've pvped for around 6 months now and brought up a problem I have seen occuring in 10-29 bracket. Somehow I missed the part where average pvp players couldn't comment things. Must be my bad. I'm sure you ah-so-heavenly-good people know everything about how life is here in average skill level.

The TTK is shorter. I'm not the only one who has noticed this. This means that matches are much more hectic, which means that it does matter if I cast my big heal now or after 0.1 seconds. Not to mention that tanking is more uncommon in 10-29 (many classes that should have i.e. taunts don't have them because of the level), which increases the amount of people having nothing to do but dps. I've actually wondered if I should just give up healing till I get to level 30 and dps, since I seem to get the 3k in one blow-medal after using backstab and shiv a few times.

But why should you listen to me, oh heavenly? I'm just a commoner.

lol.......

There is ALWAYS a chance to LOS.

Yes, but NOT without LOS to your team. I could draw you some maps, but actually, it should be pretty self evident.

I mean, think about a Melee of your team trying to kill the sniper you want to LOS getting stunned right next to the sniper and needs healing. You really want to tell me that there is ALWAYS on any part of any map a chance to break LOS with the Sniper and not your Melee which sits right next to it?

I thought so.

The worst part about bolster is for 55. There is no reason why my stats for my conqueror gear/partisan gear should even have a bolster applied to them when i have close to 1300 force bonus damage as it is, a crap load of power and 2100+ strength(before even entering a warzone). Point is there shouldn't even be bolster in 55 PvP. Partisan should be available at 51 so people can come into 55 ready to go and grind for the conq gear.. If you come into 55 pvp in pve that is your own fault.

Yes, but NOT without LOS to your team. I could draw you some maps, but actually, it should be pretty self evident.

I mean, think about a Melee of your team trying to kill the sniper you want to LOS getting stunned right next to the sniper and needs healing. You really want to tell me that there is ALWAYS on any part of any map a chance to break LOS with the Sniper and not your Melee which sits right next to it?

I thought so.

Yes there is.

Next.

lol.......

Having an intellegent conversation would be a lot easier if one side of the conversation wouldn't ignore points made with laugh or "you're a noob"-style of arguments. If you have something actually constructive to say about my gameplay, feel free to do so. Especially if you know how to stop people from dying when they have around 50% and you have your kolto probes (and often also kolto infosion) on them and you start casting your kolto injection and the target is dead before the cast finishes.

Would you mind me asking in how many 10-29 matches you have healed? What have been your feelings in healing in there?

Edited by Seireeni

Yes there is.

Next.

Wow, you make such a convincing argument...

I bet if somebody disagrees with you face to face you usually put your hands over your ears after 30 secs and start repeating: No, it is not. No, it is not. No, it is not. No, it is not. No, it is not. ...

Having an intellegent conversation would be a lot easier if one side of the conversation wouldn't ignore points made with laugh or "you're a noob"-style of arguments. If you have something actually constructive to say about my gameplay, feel free to do so. Especially if you know how to stop people from dying when they have around 50% and you have your kolto probes (and often also kolto infosion) on them and you start casting your kolto injection and the target is dead before the cast finishes.

Would you mind me asking in how many 10-29 matches you have healed? What have been your feelings in healing in there?

Its hard to have a conversation with you tho. This is the PVP forums, if you have very little experience with PVP, you really shouldnt be complaining about a system that is 2 days old.

Let me put it this way.

Bolster system is completely different, adjust and learn how it works. LOS is always available to you, if a team member is goin to kamikaze an enemy group, then dont expect to keep him alive yourself or without a tank.

This game isnt based on standing in one spot, spamming buttons. Movement is key from all parties. Sometimes all it takes is your target to LOS for you to bring them to 100% health in a few seconds. Back to pew pew.

Better for you?

Next.

Wow, you make such a convincing argument...

I bet if somebody disagrees with you face to face you usually put your hands over your ears after 30 secs and start repeating: No, it is not. No, it is not. No, it is not. No, it is not. No, it is not. ...

/sigh

Well eventhou Scotland has an attitude he is right...

You shouldnt be able to keep a guy up that is under fire. Otherwise ppl wouldnt die.

Only combination of guard /los/healing should make difference ....

group play and positioning.

Eventhou los in this game is a joke ....

But still use of terrain makes a huge difference

Its hard to have a conversation with you tho.

Rofl, this comming from somebody like you is precious.

I mean you last replies to actual staments (which you of course have every right to disagree with) were:

Lol

No it is not.

/sigh

Maybe a self proclaimed pvp hotshot like you is not used to having to actually form coherent thoughts and articulate them. But since your apparently great fame has not spread to our parts of the internet, just sighing might not be understood by us noobs for the wisdom you think it should express.

Rofl, this comming from somebody like you is precious.

I mean you last replies to actual staments (which you of course have every right to disagree with) were:

Lol

No it is not.

/sigh

Maybe a self proclaimed pvp hotshot like you is not used to having to actually form coherent thoughts and articulate them. But since your apparently great fame has not spread to our parts of the internet, just sighing might not be understood by us noobs for the wisdom you think it should express.

Hey there, nice to meet you!

You're =/= your.

Have a nice day!

No it's not. There are times and circumstances that you can't LOS.

I disagree with you completely.

Unless you openly remove yourself from having LOS as a backup, in that case, it's your own fault.

Edited by Scotland

No it's not. There are times and circumstances that you can't LOS.

Psst, don't tell Scotland this.

He will only sigh more, and maybe stamp his feet on the ground a few times.

Also, be prepared for the "lol" argument.