The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sooooo time to spec tank?

Vintal

Hello, Im Quirez and its my first post on the forum :)

i did 4 HM fps runs yesterday, and about 10 wz as a powertech tank (fps in almost full tionese, tho upgraded to 4 BH pieces that dropped there, and wz in that gear as well as it is better than expertise gear atm) and i absolutely LOVE the changes.

New heat blast works great, oil slick really makes a difference, dps is increased by almost spamming flamethrower, holding aggro is a piece of cake, even if dps's outgear you (just guard those sents and you're good)

and survavibility is awesome - i even asked my healers about the changes to tanks and they all said they prefer healing the powertech not jugg/sin).

I really DONT feel underpowered.

PVP was also improved alot for me as a tank, may also be bcuz of ppl still using their WH/EWH gear, but i was really hard to kill, and my protection was always above 150k (450k max) (dunno if its a great number, still i was always the best in protection).

That being said im new to endgame - my powertech is lvl 50 for about a week now and its my first lvl 50 so far (i also have lvl 45 jedi knight and tried him yday, but i reaaally prefer my BH.

Im not into dpsing much so the dps changes do not hit me at all, but the tank changes were a step in a good direction.

Been tank spec since i figured out that in pvp, i was underperforming in both specs. I actually always wanted to tank again, tank spec was awesome pre 2.0 as well.

Been tanking 55 hms easily with 6 black market pieces and rest pvp.

in PVP im pulling around 400-450k dmg (normal civil war/novare) and around 200-400k protection if im sticking on a healer.

But most importantly its fun! Although ive tried the new jugg tank spec , and its really good, i still like playing my PT tank more!

Adapt guys.

Been tank spec since i figured out that in pvp, i was underperforming in both specs. I actually always wanted to tank again, tank spec was awesome pre 2.0 as well.

Been tanking 55 hms easily with 6 black market pieces and rest pvp.

in PVP im pulling around 400-450k dmg (normal civil war/novare) and around 200-400k protection if im sticking on a healer.

But most importantly its fun! Although ive tried the new jugg tank spec , and its really good, i still like playing my PT tank more!

Adapt guys.

For those PVP stats are you in tank or Dps gear. I have a vg and pt both at 50 and ran both as tank spec pre 2.0, so want to know what gear people are getting results with. Tank spec was always more fun and mobile than the easy pyro assault anyway :)

I'm calling BS on pulling 400k+ DPS in tank spec with full tank gear.

Its possible with the huge overall damage increases BW has done for some reason makes it easier. Also pt tank tree gives some significant aoe potential and so I assume a lot of that is just fluff damage