Makeb == Mind Blown!

NoFishing

9/10 Bioware.

After leveling two alts though Makeb, I want to say this is an awesome planet! It is beautiful to look at and wonderfully designed for questing with its compact questing areas taxi terminals. And the story arc is easily the best of any planet.

I instantly liked that the story instance locations were close to the main taxi terminals. But the first time I got to the end of a quest chain, and found there was a shuttle to take me to where I needed to be next, with no backtracking through mobs I had already killed, I thought "Why wasn't EVERY planet designed this way!?!?"

I also appreciate the fair number of mobs that require things like CCs, stuns, breaks, interrupts, and positioning to deal with efficiently. I expect this is a planet where players will use every single one of their skills at least once.

The only annoying area for me is the Mining Mesa, which on any other planet wouldn't be noticed, but it pales a bit in comparison here.

Edited by NoFishing

9/10 Bioware.

After leveling two alts though Makeb, I want to say this is an awesome planet! It is beautiful to look at and wonderfully designed for questing with its compact questing areas taxi terminals. And the story arc is easily the best of any planet.

I instantly liked that the story instance locations were close to the main taxi terminals. But the first time I got to the end of a quest chain, and found there was a shuttle to take me to where I needed to be next, with no backtracking through mobs I had already killed, I thought "Why wasn't EVERY planet designed this way!?!?"

I also appreciate the fair number of mobs that require things like CCs, stuns, breaks, interrupts, and positioning to deal with efficiently. I expect this is a planet where players will use every single one of their skills at least once.

The only annoying area for me is the Mining Mesa, which on any other planet wouldn't be noticed, but it pales a bit in comparison here.

I don't have early access but thanks for the heads up. I'm looking forward to next week.

Yup. I'm having the same experience. I'm taking my time and going from pub side to Imp side every level or so... and wow, the story is absolutely awesome, the visuals are great, and the quests are streamlined to fit and make sense. Consequently, I've been doing dailies and I didn't even know it. Lol!

As an Agent/Operative on the Imp side the story has been especially good because of how the class quest ended at 50 and how it is "subversive". Not to mention the game play for my Operative... sneaking around and getting the job done.

Everything has been great so far. I have 2 toons at 52 and I'm really looking forward to how the worlds will collide, so to speak.

Edited by Rafaman

I didn't play a lot of Makeb, but I was already impressed with it before I shut it down last night. Even as a Warrior, the story felt fluid. Yeah, it's subversive, but isn't that what a ****** Sith/Merc/Agent is meant to do? It felt more real, like I was actually taking over something.

That, and the 2.0 stuff is great. I really love the achievement stuff. I may even be provoked to go and get some of the ones I don't have yet. Good stuff. Can't wait to see what is coming next. Maybe a larger expansion, and the return of the Emperor? We know that has to be next.

Lots of little mountain passes to explore too. I went down one trying to find a short cut to another area, killed some beasts and got some codex entries :)

I like the whole feel of this new planet. They made it smaller with the islands and mountain passes. Some worlds feel empty and life is sparse. Not so with Makeb. Good Job!

Edited by Kaidan_Samurai

I run around in the buildings during the quests to look around. There are different pictures, and vases, nice interior. Discover new little nice places all the time. Love it so much that I don't want to team up with my husband to play, he runs through the story too fast, want to be able to explore a bit and look around while questing.

Love Makeb :D

Lots of little mountain passes to explore too. I went down one trying to find a short cut to another area, killed some beasts and got some codex entries
I did that too.

Unfortunately, there was a giant frog (level 55 champion) sitting at the end of one of them.

Word to the wise: DO NOT LICK THE FROG.

*staggers in, beaten and bruised from the bloodbath on the PvP forums*

Have to say that leveling in Makeb has been excellent so far and the expansion is worth every penny. It's such a well-designed planet, and great to be doing story quests again - these really set SWTOR apart from the crowd.

Top marks, dev team.

Those who didn't get early access - you've got a lot to look forward to!