Building your own powerbase after completing Chapter 3 sounds like a good idea

ryanthedark

Gonna be pretty busy avoiding assassination attempts, a display of power like that is not likely to go unchallenged for long.

Plus, Sith follow about as well as a herd of cats. Bristling bitey yowling rage-cats.

I would target more non-sith resources like already have with IRS and Fleet. Having your own man high up in Imperial Intelligence would be useful for example.

Which could work, EXCEPT: they might be and probably are following the orders of another Sith who more likely than not may be trying to kill you. See also the Sith Warrior and various similar problems.

Though Darth Malgus seems to be making a half decent power grab so who knows, I guess anything is possible.

well, if bioware ever un-****s their selves, and start to make new class story content, building your powerbase would make complete sense. all sith on the council have a power base, nox's and thanaton's were both hugely weakened during the kaggath. now, with the current events of makeb and marr preaching for the unity of the empire, there's no better time to start building one. who is really going to be willing to piss off marr and everyone that agrees with him?

All of the Makeb dialogue for the Inquisitor centers around them possibly becoming the new Emperor. Even Darth Marr flat out states that he prefers the battlefield and will let someone else have the throne.

So that's the logical progression of the story it would seem, making the Empire 'your own.' [and thus setting the stage for it eventually merging with the Republic, as the Empire's english accent is the 'core' accent of the movie world]

I found it quite cool to play through, as opposed to the Sith Warrior's makeb story, "hey sorry the Emperor is dead so you're really the Empire's wrath now. Also remember thing 1 and thing 2 from your story? Yeah we forgot about them."

Edited by maxetius