Concealment (PvP) in 2.0

snave

Check out this post for how Alacrity enhancements change your stats in practice.

tl;dr - Assuming 8% base from the skill tree, 0 Alacrity leaves us with a base GCD of 1.38s, 1.23s with Stim Boost. With 720 Alacrity (i.e. alacrity on every enhancement, implant and ear), base GCD becomes ~1.25s and just under 1.1s with Stim Boost. While a 1.1s GCD is very sexy for burst damage, I think a mix of Surge and Alacrity will still be better... I'll be running 6 Surge/4 Alacrity for now.

Edited by Gondolindhrim

• 2 weeks later...
Check out this post for how Alacrity enhancements change your stats in practice.

tl;dr - Assuming 8% base from the skill tree, 0 Alacrity leaves us with a base GCD of 1.38s, 1.23s with Stim Boost. With 720 Alacrity (i.e. alacrity on every enhancement, implant and ear), base GCD becomes ~1.25s and just under 1.1s with Stim Boost. While a 1.1s GCD is very sexy for burst damage, I think a mix of Surge and Alacrity will still be better... I'll be running 6 Surge/4 Alacrity for now.

Can anyone confirm those numbers are correct at 55? From the post it looks like it was based on a level 50 character.

Also, can someone help me out with how much crit we should stack? From looking at the DR graph it seems that really we shouldn't bother stacking crit at all but with our attacks being so crit dependent for decent damage I'm not sure that'll work out best practise in the "real world" if you know what I mean.

The swtor community really needs more decent theorycrafters, makes me wish I paid attention in maths.

I'm still struggling with this myself. I have a hard time believing crit isn't as valued for us.

With full Part w/lvl 28 aug's in each piece I'm right around 28.60% ranged and 28.18% tech crit chance.

I think the problem with Crit is that it's doing really awful returns. How much crit rating do you have to get that 28%?

Edit: I really hate how surge goes. It's not even diminishing returns. It just hits 30% and stops dead.

Edited by Coldin