The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Who is Really "Good?"

dookudude

It really isn't that deep

Bioware tries hard to portray a gray situation

but at the end it is good vs evil

It's not even done right too

The empire isn't affably evil, it's stupid evil. They murder civilians, they enslave people, they hate aliens. They do stupid things because they are "evil". I hate the empire both in-game and in the context of writing. The Empire is stupid and does not deserve to exist because it's entire concept is the definiiton of failure. I always select dialogue choices that kill imperials

Not done right? Screw you, the story's awesome!

Anyway, you just said you select choices that kill Imperials---and made no distinction between Sith/soldiers/civilians. There are plenty in the Republic who would slaughter Imperial civilians given the chance, as well. Guess you guys aren't saints after all.

The Republic also practices slavery, and seeks alliances with Hutt slavers, so there's a bit of hypocrisy here!

The Empire does not hate aliens, if you've actually been paying attention to how things have changed. I play a Chiss and can confirm this.

I'm currently leveling a Consular and have lost track of the number of times I've had to stop (or try to stop) soldiers or companions from killing Imperials that do not pose a threat. Heck, on Hoth we had a truce while our armies fought back some pirates, and some Republic captain wanted to use the chance to shoot them while their backs were turned, even though it turned out they weren't planning anything similar.

Anyway...let the hate flow through you. :p Just know you're a lousy hypocrite, Republic scum!

Edited by BradTheImpaler

It really isn't that deep

Bioware tries hard to portray a gray situation

but at the end it is good vs evil

It's not even done right too

The empire isn't affably evil, it's stupid evil. They murder civilians, they enslave people, they hate aliens. They do stupid things because they are "evil". I hate the empire both in-game and in the context of writing. The Empire is stupid and does not deserve to exist because it's entire concept is the definiiton of failure. I always select dialogue choices that kill imperials

Actually they did do it right, there is no clear cut definition of good or evil, these are subjective terms they mean slighly different things to each of us, that is what EA/Bioware was portraying, as well as the moral ambiguity of the grey issues.

The Republic is mostly good, but has corrupt elements within it. The Empire is mostly evil, although some within are good, but the fact they serve an evil system compromises them.

The Jedi are mostly good, with some who are corrupted, but their main problem seems to be apathy. The Sith are almost entirely evil, with a few good people within (until they get found out and executed), their main problem is overinvolvement, they get too involved with the war and the conquered planets, and because they are all rivals to some degree, they kill each other by the bucketload.

the mpire has one thing that makes it evil, and thats their leaders.

no matter if the people are actually good, but the Empire is run by Sith, and Sith is the ultimate evil in the StarWars-Universe. There is no grey. Even a light5-Inquisitor is still an evil powerhungry mass-murderer.

/edit

Oh, and am I the only one who ignores everything Selenial writes completely because the purple is literally unreadable?

Edited by Uvirith