2.0 Slicing bugged?

Jamus_Divinus

Have done over 120 slicing missions today (51-55) and have not had gotten one Thermal Regulator (purple component). On the PTS I was averaging one Thermal Regulator every 5 missions...now i'm upto 120 missions on live servers and nada.

My 8 toons are at 430-450 slicing. Anyone gotten one of these Thermal Regulators on live servers yet? If so, out of how many attempts? Thanks.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

Have done 30~ 51-55 missions and 0 here aswell, and 0 on the gtn.

edit: my brother is slicing aswell and he havent got a single thermal regulator neither.

edit 2: over 100 missions, still nothing.

edit 3 : 250~ missions, 3 thermal regulators....

Edited by Lojdkvist

Have done over 120 slicing missions today (51-55) and have not had gotten one Thermal Regulator (purple component). On the PTS I was averaging one Thermal Regulator every 5 missions...now i'm upto 120 missions on live servers and nada.

My 8 toons are at 430-450 slicing. Anyone gotten one of these Thermal Regulators on live servers yet? If so, out of how many attempts? Thanks.

I have 7 crafters at level 50 with all companions and affection points.

I honestly believe Slicing is bugged. Diplomacy is criti crafting as normal, and out of the 150 + Slicing missions I've done, I've had one purple mat. Either this is intended or there is a bug in which the criti result (the one that give a recipe in addition to the blue) is also meant to give a purple, but in its current form is broken.

A Dev response to clarify would be great.

Same here :-(. Have more 50s than I like to admit and not seen any purples from anything all day {all from advanced crew skill missions}. Oddly I did see 2 one the same toon though spaced out over time. I think they came from treasure hunting or Archae {would have to go look to make sure}. But aye...I have been at it all day and the drop rates are rediculous or broken.

I sincerely hope they fix this....or at least inform us as to what the deal is.

I have 7 crafters at level 50 with all companions and affection points.

I honestly believe Slicing is bugged. Diplomacy is criti crafting as normal, and out of the 150 + Slicing missions I've done, I've had one purple mat. Either this is intended or there is a bug in which the criti result (the one that give a recipe in addition to the blue) is also meant to give a purple, but in its current form is broken.

A Dev response to clarify would be great.

Glad you are having luck with at least Diplo. I am seeing zero purples from any crew skill. Save a couple crits {literally 2} from my Artifice crafter. Like many here, I have all toons maxed on affection etc...and nothing. I did never buy the Legacy crafting perks though.

Same here :-(. Have more 50s than I like to admit and not seen any purples from anything all day {all from advanced crew skill missions}. Oddly I did see 2 one the same toon though spaced out over time. I think they came from treasure hunting or Archae {would have to go look to make sure}. But aye...I have been at it all day and the drop rates are rediculous or broken.

I sincerely hope they fix this....or at least inform us as to what the deal is.

Just double checked...it was Treasure hunting that I saw a couple crits on now....zero on anything else :-(. And Duh on me...i of course meant crew skills that can actually return with purple mats lol.

Edited by Urantia

I agree with all of the previous posters. I have 11 toons who started Slicing @ 400 yesterday. They are all 450 today and I have been sending them on at least 2 missions every 2 hours (other than when I was sleeping this equates to roughly 140 missions) and I have maybe 15 purples.

The crit rate of 1 is completely unwarranted. All other Mission Skills yield 2 on crit, I don't believe this is as intended. We really need a Dev to confirm either way. At this rate crafting augments for 1 character is going to take roughly 600 missions.

I think slowing down the augment gearing is fine but a straight reduction of crits from 3-4 to 2 is reduction enough. Not to mention the major increase in material requirements to create Aug Kits the pace of augmenting your characters is severely slowed and the cost is increased significantly.

hmmm.... character level never mattered before in terms of chance for a crit. You'd think they would say if it does now....

Not a big number, but after 44 missions (with companions at max affection) no purple mat at all and only 1 schematic.... on the PTS it was much, much, much better.... this doesnt feel right....

I have 4 slicers and all day they have been losing money on lockbox missions.. everytime.. its pissing me off.

The worst thing is that. Me too. Put lockboxes missions every time and i get 1k less than the mission cost.

Slicing is totally bugged.

OFC Purple thing,yesterday, i dropped 1 purple in 15hours playing .

I dont know if atm is better stop doing slincing.

My credits go down fast.

hmmm.... character level never mattered before in terms of chance for a crit. You'd think they would say if it does now....

Not a big number, but after 44 missions (with companions at max affection) no purple mat at all and only 1 schematic.... on the PTS it was much, much, much better.... this doesnt feel right....

I'm sorry, I used bad terminology. I meant as my skill in slicing increased, not character level. When slicing was between 400-430, I had the same horrid returns as you, 1 in about 50 attempts. But after getting access to rich and bountiful, rate got a lot better and I now have about 20 or so.

I think it has to do with crit chance being a fair bit higher on yellow missions than orange.

I'm not seeing the rates I did before, when I had a crit about 1 in 5, but all my slicers aren't 450 yet. Once they are I'll try and keep better track of it.

Also, I am pretty sure the moderate mission will never return a purple even with a crit, just a schematic. If anyone's gotten a purple mat on that, please let me know. Not sure about abundant, haven't paid enough attention yet.