The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Around 33-34k. Is there an issue there?

Except the fact that one of them has been roflstomped by every smashmonkey, disintegrated by every sniper etc etc untill he reaches this HP, while the other was making walks in the flashpoints?

No I guess there is no issue.... :D :D :D

Edited by Fearine

Except the fact that one of them has been roflstomped by every smashmonkey, disintegrated by every sniper etc etc untill he reaches this HP, while the other was making walks in the flashpoints?

No I guess there is no issue.... :D :D :D

no way

Hm FlasHpointS > Pvp

Probably because these stupid people didn't only punished themselves, they punished the 7 unlucky people who got into the same team.

But on avarage, both teams will have their fare share of idiots, so it should cancel each other out in the long run, no?

But on avarage, both teams will have their fare share of idiots, so it should cancel each other out in the long run, no?

No. The other team is fully stacked with a pair of balanced Premades, as always.

/YouMustBeNewHere

:D

Edited by -IceHawk-

no way

Hm FlasHpointS > Pvp

Well...

"Difficulty" is clearly a subjective term.

I have been killed unlimited times by mobs in my gaming history but I still have to find mob which actually can outplay me.

I cannot say the same about my human opponents.

But each to his own.

A fair system must not contain only "under equal terms" but "under same terms" also.

And since PvE and PvP are totaly different fields I believe the "under same terms" is not implied, hence the system is unfair.

Edited by Fearine

In 1.2 It took me 3 days to get the average gear (WH) which made me competitive in warzones, after that I played 2-3 hours per day and that was enough to do PVP. What bioware did now is ridiculous. I dont have time to grind pve gear to be competitive in warzones. I dont have that kind of schedule. Today I collected 12 partisan pieces and people in full pve have 200 more mainstat, 2000 more hp and the same expertise! And this will only get worse as PVE-people get better gear and better stats on wzs with 2k expertise from bolster! I chose a pvp server so I dont have to grind PVE and can casually play RWZs 2hours per day. Please remove bolster from lvl55 or make it so PVP gear gives around 3000 exp

In 1.2 It took me 3 days to get the average gear (WH) which made me competitive in warzones, after that I played 2-3 hours per day and that was enough to do PVP. What bioware did now is ridiculous. I dont have time to grind pve gear to be competitive in warzones. I dont have that kind of schedule. Today I collected 12 partisan pieces and people in full pve have 200 more mainstat, 2000 more hp and the same expertise! And this will only get worse as PVE-people get better gear and better stats on wzs with 2k expertise from bolster! I chose a pvp server so I dont have to grind PVE and can casually play RWZs 2hours per day. Please remove bolster from lvl55 or make it so PVP gear gives around 3000 exp

3000 expertise? LOL

I think personally PVP is fun for me as a PVE player now. On a PVE server i don't get why people would just want to do sole pvp unless they rely on killing noobs and pve players to make themselves feel good. Warzones are a lot of fun to me now and it relies more on skill rather than gear. Yeh there should probably be warzones specifically for those with pvp gear (ranked? not sure how that all works) but I don't wanna play if I'm gonna die every second in a WZ because I don't wanna get PVP gear while all the others have treble my stats.

On a PVE server i don't get why people would just want to do sole pvp unless they rely on killing noobs and pve players to make themselves feel good.

Maybe they like to pvp but don't want people attacking them while they are questing?

I think personally PVP is fun for me as a PVE player now. On a PVE server i don't get why people would just want to do sole pvp unless they rely on killing noobs and pve players to make themselves feel good. Warzones are a lot of fun to me now and it relies more on skill rather than gear. Yeh there should probably be warzones specifically for those with pvp gear (ranked? not sure how that all works) but I don't wanna play if I'm gonna die every second in a WZ because I don't wanna get PVP gear while all the others have treble my stats.

Exactly, the same way I might want to occasionally do ops on my PVP server without grinding PVE gear. Why cant they just remove expertise at all and make the same gear available from PVP and PVE? But instead they give PVE-geared players an advantage on warzones over PVP-geared players! Isnt that retarded?

or maybe they experienced a very bad community while playing on the half empty german PVP server and after a while they switched to the very populated PVE Server, found a good guild with good people, leveld a shadow up to 50, get full warhero gear and learned their class by levelöing from 11 to 50 through PVP only ( and yes, class quests), and now found themselfs being f****** by the devs because any PVE mouseclicling keybordturning gimp can now twoshot them while they are unable to deal any kind of damage to anything or anyone, wondering why.... and after a while they found that going naked or cheap greens is required to stay competetive, as a fulltime PVPer....

Am I pissed? YES!

... then go play an FPS or a fighting game. Those are the kinds of games where only skill matters... Sorry, but this is an RPG, where characters respond to an action queue, nothing is instant, and you have stats. Stats and gear are a central part of gameplay around here, and unless they take out all the RPG elements and make the game a straight up action game, gear will always supersede skill. Always.

If you acually read what I was quoting you maybe noticed how similar our views are :)

On a PVE server i don't get why people would just want to do sole pvp unless they rely on killing noobs and pve players to make themselves feel good.

I play on a PvE server because it's a good roleplaying server; I don't PvE. Truth is I PvP just as much as someone on a PvP server, if not more, as do most of my friends and guildmates.

Point invalid.

Suppose so. I'm gonna start role playing only on PVP server lol. Ach maybe so then what needs to be changed is I don't want to pvp but I want fair warzones so let's get them separated into the ones where pvp matters and ones where it doesn't cuz I ain't grinding for pvp gear and don't care about open world pvp but I wanna do warzones. I wanna play warzones with a level playing field too.

Suppose so. I'm gonna start role playing only on PVP server lol. Ach maybe so then what needs to be changed is I don't want to pvp but I want fair warzones so let's get them separated into the ones where pvp matters and ones where it doesn't cuz I ain't grinding for pvp gear and don't care about open world pvp but I wanna do warzones. I wanna play warzones with a level playing field too.

First off, your typing is so terrible that I would hate to see you try to RP. :p

On topic, I never said anything of the sort. I just don't think server choice has -anything- to do with changing the PvP system. It should not be made easier because people who play on PvE/RP servers want to be superstars in PvP gameplay when they have no idea what they're doing.

If you are wearing ewh you are doing it wrong.

While it is really stupid what was done, it actually isnt making a ton of difference in warzones. Things that make a difference in warzones are groups that are pre-made with mumble/vent, groups that have guildies together who know how to play and groups who actually talk about objectives.

Im stuck at 50 but no lowbie sorc is going to out heal me in a warzone. They simply do not have the points to put in the skill tree. That is not even discussing the fact that I potentially have a hundred hours advantage of experience playing with the class in pvp.

Had a 47 naked marauder hit me for 7800 with a viscous throw the other day.

I am level 50 vanguard with full WH completely augmented.

Must be working as intended.

tssk got hit for 10k by a 30 something gunslinger.. working as intended.. the bolster system is probably swtors biggest fail so far... would probably be easier if they gave everyone the same stats no matter what gear they have instead of this weird system they got going on atm..