Why nerf LI?

I played SM LI yesterday and it was harder tham some of the HM FPs. Not sure how they put hard version of this in the same bracket.

It doesn't matter if it is story mode or hard mode, it has mechanics that if a player has not done it, they will struggle unless a person in the group is really good with explanations and the never done it is very good at picking up and understanding written explanations.

Otherwise expect deaths and wipes, with long run backs and large repair bills.

Which sucks because it is a nice flashpoint with a reasonable level of challenge for a coordinated group.

But right now I've gone back to auto dropping it on both modes if it pops for a random.

I'll take the lost queue time and penalty before I'm waste my time spending an hour plus working on a stupid flashpoint as though it were progression raid content.

And I hate to say it, but Bioware needs to never make another FP like this AND stick it in the normal queues.

Though I would love to see them make a new FP with a normal / hard mode for normal GF pug groups and then have a NMM for people who want to run with premade groups (maybe just for mounts or titles or cool gear even).

Edited by DawnAskham

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I hate to say it, but Bioware needs to never make another FP like this AND stick it in the normal queues.

Though I would love to see them make a new FP with a normal / hard mode for normal GF pug groups and then have a NMM for people who want to run with premade groups (maybe just for mounts or titles or cool gear even).

I had been hoping they would keep the idea of separate Tier 1 and Tier 2 flashpoints, and add more T2 stuff that was similarly hard.

Alas.

It took me 5 hours & over 150k repair costs to Finally Finish it on HM (after having to restart it due not being able to grab a replacement via GF as it kept saying we couldn't reset the Phasees @ Rag boss), it was the Groups first time attempting it & 2 of them never even ran it on SM either ,not to mention our Healer was a respec DPS guy.

but it was a story to tell as we really went from Multiple Wipes with each boss except first boss & it took a fair few goes before I worked out a way to successfully Tank the Droid boss by keeping it in the Middle till the Electro bubbles got close to me then I moved it over to adds if possible so I could taunt them for group to kill easier.

But at the Rag Boss even though I knew how to kill it in SM by keeping it in the middle & staying under it on it's Ground Smashes & using the Switches on Pillars it never seemed to Work so we had a ton of wipes there too & the Group leader quit & for some reason we couldn't reset the Phase to use GF to add so had to exit the Area & wait like 10 mins to find another healer & somehow we killed the first 3 bosses with ease (didn't even have to move the Droid the whole fight).

Anyways after 2 wipes with the Bonus Boss the Healer started complaining about repair costs so we skipped it but then had a couple of wipes on last boss & then The Healer quit then another couple of Wipes with another Healer then he quit too ,Then the 3rd Healer told me a easy way to kill him by Taunting him around each tank in order & hiding behind them & it worked great & only my HP went down a lot during the Fight but using that tactic made the Fight a million times easier than the the Tactic the first EXP healer told me to do which was just tank him away from the group.

But even though it's just a FP I was made up I actually finished in the end, but did feel bad for one guy who had been in the group since the Beginning but couldn't get back in the group after changing his character to his main player for last boss as GF found us a replacement twice as soon as the GF was on .I couldn't even whisper to tell him either after he asked why he couldn't join. (actually looked for him on The Fleet as I was gonna dump him a load of Creds as he stuck around as we both really wanted to Finish the FP)

Anyways just wanted to share my experience with the FP from someone's first attempt at it on HM in it's current state even though im sure other new players to HM LI will be able to run it a lot better than we did.

I had been hoping they would keep the idea of separate Tier 1 and Tier 2 flashpoints, and add more T2 stuff that was similarly hard.

Alas.

Indeed, this is what I was hoping for, more T2 with more challenge and rewards for people wanting it. :(