The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

increase the drop rate of cartel market certificates

when you go through a 24 pack of the enforcer's cartel pack and dont get a single certificate that should be a sign that the drop rate of the certificates arent high enough and should be changed, why?

because looking at some the cartel items to purchase which require those certificates its actually pretty darn silly to have so rare cause certain items cost like 10 of them and as far as i know most players are fornutante enough to get only 1 certificate every like what 1000 packs or so? so yeah if it aint too hard or if at all possible do you guys at bioware think you can increase the certificates drop rate by a lot?

what do the rest of you think good or bad?

when you go through a 24 pack of the enforcer's cartel pack and dont get a single certificate that should be a sign that the drop rate of the certificates arent high enough and should be changed, why?

because looking at some the cartel items to purchase which require those certificates its actually pretty darn silly to have so rare cause certain items cost like 10 of them and as far as i know most players are fornutante enough to get only 1 certificate every like what 1000 packs or so? so yeah if it aint too hard or if at all possible do you guys at bioware think you can increase the certificates drop rate by a lot?

I got 3 when I opened up 12 packs, my wife opened up 12 and got 1.... (my 3 of 12 is reasonable). I just explained to my wife, because there is no real incentive to buy the packs, since we make good money in game anyway. Those certificates would be an incentive, but I am not going to pay hundreds of dollars buying pack after pack just to get an item that may want 10 of those certificates.

Everything else good in the packs are on GTN anyway. Even if I was hurting for in game money more, its wise to sell the packs unopened for the best return for in game credits.

Either make the certificates more valuable so maybe items that need 10, only need 5, the ones that need 4, only need 2... or increase the drop rate so someone does not need to buy $500 worth in packs to get to 10.

Edited by Themanthatisi

I will keep this simple

Low cert drop rate = not worth it. Way too expensive. means I am not buying until this is greatly. and I mean greatly increases. I would say 50% chance is about right for the cost.

And I am sure I am not alone in this. :mad:

Edited by DakotaDoc

I will keep this simple

Low cert drop rate = not worth it. Way too expensive. means I am not buying until this is greatly. and I mean greatly increases. I would say 50% chance is about right for the cost.

50% is fair to me as well.... and at the same time, get rid of the Jawagrams!

RE: Jawagrams

Jawagrams must die!

And most of the emotes should be painfully removed too. My most recent 3 packs had 3 emotes, 3 Jawagrams and nothing useful except some crewskill mats and XP items to use on my lowbies.

RE: Jawagrams

Jawagrams must die!

And most of the emotes should be painfully removed too. My most recent 3 packs had 3 emotes, 3 Jawagrams and nothing useful except some crewskill mats and XP items to use on my lowbies.

man do people hate them jawa grams ah who am i kidding they are a closal waste of data death to all jawa grams!

in other news i must admit i was getting a little worried for a second there thinking no one was going to reply to this thread i was beggining to think people liked the unrealistically high rarity rting on the cartel market certificates glad to see i am wrong.

I have eight and I'm at champion with the contraband RC. Can you even use the certificates earlier?

must keep thread alive and hope that bioware notices it and makes the changes to the rarity rating of those stinking certificates......its not that im paranoid that they wont notice i just want to make a 100% sure that they notice..:D Edited by saiyanjedidmv

I will keep this simple

Totally agree & its a waste of money/credits right now! Plain silly to have such a low drop rate and I refuse to purchase any packs chasing these items that I can buy on GTN for like ~1 Million (Packs sell for 200k-250k). A single certificate drop rate is as BAD a drop rate as the actual item being sold. Then do it again 9 more times for one single purchase adds insult to the whole thing.

THREE OPTIONS:

• Drop Rate goes to 50% chance per pack (Shared with the REP Points Spot maybe?)
  • REMOVE certificates completely and sell items for cash and REP Status only (Gree)
  • Decrease purchased items to a single Certificate and increase drop rate to 25% chance per pack opened.

1 per pack would be really awesome. If they did that I'd have Revan's mask by now... *wistful sigh*

That would actually make sense, but maybe mix it up with a 50/50 chance with REP Points award instead?

Edited by dscount

Im not sure how it works, but I once bought 30 dollars worth of cartel packs in the hopes of getting the emperor's hover chair, but only got the most common items. I think that the more packs you buy within a certain period, the more rare items should drop.

The more certificates that drop, the less rep items that drop.

Less rep items would mean two things:

1. You'd have to buy WAY more packs to max out your cartel rep

2. You'd have to buy WAY more packs to actually be able to use all those certificates.

I bought 2 hypercrates, by the way. First one had 2, second one had 4. Random = random. I think the chance per pack to drop a certificate hangs between 5 and 10%.

The chance to NOT get a single certificate from a hypercrate with a presumed droprate of 10% is 0.9^24*100%=7.98%. Annoying, but possible.

The chance to NOT get a single certificate from 2 hypercrates with a presumed droprate of 10% is 0.9^48*100%=0.63% Possible, but already a little unlikely.

To max your reputation with the cartel and have rep access to everything, you need to open about 7 hypercrates. 0.9^168*100%=0.000,0021% chance to not get a single certificate. While it is definitely possible to be that unlucky, it is soo extremely unlikely, that I'd probably call anyone making that claim a fraud, while Bioware's developers would probably race to check the logs and prove it, and in the unlikely event that it's true, give the poor sod half a year subscription for free or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Just opened to my OCD embarrassment, forty bucks worth of packs trying to get TWO more certificates to buy another Eclipse speeder. Nothing.

If I recall, I spent about eighty bucks on CC since the CC Rep was introduced, and I received like six of the certificates which was enough along with the rep I had garnered to buy my first Eclipse speeder.

This recent expenditure of forty bucks is just way too much money to spend for nothing. Up the drops rates on these things just a TAD, and I might be back for more. Until then, I'll pass.

Well, I let my OCD get the best of me and opened four more packs after this post, and I got the two elusive certificates that I wanted. Is it irony, or does BW really watch these posts and jimmy the RNG gods in their sleep? I dunno, but I'm still not doing this again. peace. Edited by Shevyk
Different opinion

Consumer bans rarely actually happen.

True...

However, I have been watching the packs on GTN, and they went as low as 150k, and all weekend hovered between 175-200k, this is a GOOD trend I think, it it showing less demand on the GTN and people have to lower prices, which in turn, will not buy as many next time perhaps.

I sold mine for 372k each, but that is because I listed them on at a time as soon as the timer went off. My wife and I were listing them before anyone else had, but people following behind us, did not do nearly as well... unfortunate for them, but maybe it will be better as a whole if this trend continues. Maybe they will buy less next time and BW will see the losses and make a change.

So I hope....For the benefit of the community.

Edited by Themanthatisi

True...

However, I have been watching the packs on GTN, and they went as low as 150k, and all weekend hovered between 175-200k, this is a GOOD trend I think, it it showing less demand on the GTN and people have to lower prices, which in turn, will not buy as many next time perhaps.

I sold mine for 372k each, but that is because I listed them on at a time as soon as the timer went off. My wife and I were listing them before anyone else had, but people following behind us, did not do nearly as well... unfortunate for them, but maybe it will be better as a whole if this trend continues. Maybe they will buy less next time and BW will see the losses and make a change.

So I hope....For the benefit of the community.

It could also mean that so many people bought the packs, that demand simply doesn't meat the supply. In which case, the effects won't show untill the next pack, where people might be more careful about buying them as a means to earn credits.

Still, the overall contents of the packs matter more to me than whether there's one or two undesirable items inside. The previous pack was a lot more interresting overall than the current one, for example. There's only one real highlight in this one, and that would be Thana's armor. The previous one on the other hand, had the more neutral designs for skiffs (black and white are easier to match to your clothes!), the Fortune Hunter speeder (must-have for any smuggler and casual/scruffy dressed person), the handmaiden outfit and the dark version of the relaxed outfit. Those are all desirable and easily tradable items. In the current pack, I simply don't see any big sellers, except Thana's armor. Hmm, and maybe one or two emotes, specifically groove and beachparty.

It could also mean that so many people bought the packs, that demand simply doesn't meat the supply. In which case, the effects won't show untill the next pack, where people might be more careful about buying them as a means to earn credits.

Still, the overall contents of the packs matter more to me than whether there's one or two undesirable items inside. The previous pack was a lot more interresting overall than the current one, for example. There's only one real highlight in this one, and that would be Thana's armor. The previous one on the other hand, had the more neutral designs for skiffs (black and white are easier to match to your clothes!), the Fortune Hunter speeder (must-have for any smuggler and casual/scruffy dressed person), the handmaiden outfit and the dark version of the relaxed outfit. Those are all desirable and easily tradable items. In the current pack, I simply don't see any big sellers, except Thana's armor. Hmm, and maybe one or two emotes, specifically groove and beachparty.

The Revan Holo and the Music Therapy are also in demand thus far... I do think they had a decent selection of items, but I agree, not as good as the last one. However, I opened up 12 when I purchased them, then due to the low GTN prices, tried several more... Still, not a single good item, I have real bad luck. I get all riled up when that happens then realize, how much more i lost when a "jawagram" was in the rare slot an item could have been in. I got 1 armor chest, the relaxed uniform, none others, ZERO certificates, ZERO crystals, 1 lightning and one dessert mount, not the skiff. I got a couple of BESH weapons, but they don't sell for much, 3 pairs of covert gloves, that have a high drop rate and sell for next to nothing....

as far as drop rates go, this is by far the worse set of packs I have even opened... I had only one Jawagram in the first 12, than got 3 more in the next 5. I got more jawagrams than any other rare, that is a real shame. My wife got double the jawagrams than I did, she got one crystal and one skiff for her nice prizes, but that is really it. We have inventories of "filler" items, cheap weapons, cheap emotes (yep, not the groove or beach party ones) and like always XP boosts for various things, but not the Major XP one.. figures. :mad:

I am just going back to "working" the GTN to make money, the pack thing is no longer a desirable area for profits for me and my wife.

The worst part is, in all the packs we did open, neither one of us got a single certificate..... In total, with ones we also got on GTN, maybe we opened 30 packs combined. So much for rewarding the consumer and is no longer an incentive for us to buy more now. In the last set of packs, I got 3 certificates and she got 2.... That seemed better and an added incentive to maybe go for 10.

By the way, your not the only one that matches a mount to the clothing, my wife and I also do... :D But I am not a skiff fan anyway, its too big for my likes, I prefer small mounts.

Edited by Themanthatisi

The Revan Holo and the Music Therapy are also in demand thus far... I do think they had a decent selection of items, but I agree, not as good as the last one. However, I opened up 12 when I purchased them, then due to the low GTN prices, tried several more... Still, not a single good item, I have real bad luck. I get all riled up when that happens then realize, how much more i lost when a "jawagram" was in the rare slot an item could have been in. I got 1 armor chest, the relaxed uniform, none others, ZERO certificates, ZERO crystals, 1 lightning and one dessert mount, not the skiff. I got a couple of BESH weapons, but they don't sell for much, 3 pairs of covert gloves, that have a high drop rate and sell for next to nothing....

as far as drop rates go, this is by far the worse set of packs I have even opened... I had only one Jawagram in the first 12, than got 3 more in the next 5. I got more jawagrams than any other rare, that is a real shame. My wife got double the jawagrams than I did, she got one crystal and one skiff for her nice prizes, but that is really it. We have inventories of "filler" items, cheap weapons, cheap emotes (yep, not the groove or beach party ones) and like always XP boosts for various things, but not the Major XP one.. figures. :mad:

I am just going back to "working" the GTN to make money, the pack thing is no longer a desirable area for profits for me and my wife.

The worst part is, in all the packs we did open, neither one of us got a single certificate..... In total, with ones we also got on GTN, maybe we opened 30 packs combined. So much for rewarding the consumer, that is no longer an incentive for us now. In the last set of packs, I got 3 certificates and she got 2.... That seemed better and an added incentive to maybe go for 10.

By the way, your not the only one that matches a mount to the clothing, my wife and I also do... :D But I am not a skiff fan anyway, its too big for my likes, I prefer small mounts.

Skiffs don't really match my characters either, except for one of my inquisitors, but they simply fit her character, her outfit, her whole personality as a former upper class slave-concubine (opposed to my other two inquisitors, who were both slaveworkers at some non descript mining station). But for some reason, the things do seem in demand.