The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

LucasArt Closing

Redirwol

LuvasArts and LucasFilm had a great deal to do with this game. Bioware/EA was just givin' the reigns to do to do this Project/MMO. It's terrible that this has happened. Bad thing is GL isn't in charge anymore, which could be good or bad. Edited by MandFlurry
Edit

Lucas Arts is not actually closing. They are no longer going to be making games. They will handle the licenses to allow other companies to make the games instead. BW/EA has the license to use the Star Wars name. There is a difference in producing a game and obtaining a license to use the name.

Companies will pay for the right to make the games with the Star Wars name in them but the game itself is up to the individual companies making them.

• 2 months later...
Lucas Arts is not actually closing. They are no longer going to be making games. They will handle the licenses to allow other companies to make the games instead. BW/EA has the license to use the Star Wars name. There is a difference in producing a game and obtaining a license to use the name.

Companies will pay for the right to make the games with the Star Wars name in them but the game itself is up to the individual companies making them.

Glad you posted this, til I read this I was gonna go off on a tangent about how Disney would be glad to lose a revenue stream by killing games which everyone wants to play in a universe they're now in charge of yaddayaddayadda... .what any of this means about SWTOR directly though is another matter.

So long as the game makes money, they'll keep making it till they come up with the next incarnation or expansion in the case of MMO's. I just can't wait for the DVD releases of Star Wars movies... Pick up your Blu Ray this week because once it's sold out it's gone forever.... yeah that marketing might work for parents with 7 year olds who NEED the Sleeping Beauty DVD release, but not so much on the Star Wars universe.