Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

New Cantina music? (techno style?)

JonathanCP

Hello dear devs.

I know the current cantina music is alike to Tatoine's cantina music in Episode IV

But if you remember correctly, in Episode II, you ALSO have cantina music that is much more modern, and techno style.

Why is all cantina music in SWTOR well... so old style?

What about some techno beats (like MassEffect's bars, and Episode II's cantina)?

FYI: not everyone digs techno.

I could have suggested Black Metal, Death Metal or even Punk, but I do not for that same reason.

Some prefer Jazz, some Classic, or Opera, Rock...

The current music is not too bad, more... worldly.

If you would suggest music, then let it be pure SW based music, like the movie music.

Themes.

But that is just my opinion, of course...

FYI: not everyone digs techno.

I could have suggested Black Metal, Death Metal or even Punk, but I do not for that same reason.

Some prefer Jazz, some Classic, or Opera, Rock...

The current music is not too bad, more... worldly.

If you would suggest music, then let it be pure SW based music, like the movie music.

Themes.

But that is just my opinion, of course...

True, that they should stick to music only heard in SW, bit in Attack of the Clones, the nightclub that Obi-Wan and Anakin go into chasing after Zam has some techno going on. But then again, that was a nightclub, not a cantina. Besides, creating a whole new soundtrack is very unlikely. But I could picture some Imperials getting funky to techno :p

Electronic club music should play at night in cantinas. Also they could add some lights, so cantina from a pub will be converted into a club for like 3-4 hours around midnight. Could be great for RP-ers and just to add some fun and different from really boring current cantina music (it was cool at the begining, but after 16 months of playing this game... duh).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.