Force Choke not honoring resolve

bsbrad

What I've never liked about force choke, which will be fixed in 2.0, was that a smasher was always able to get their 4 stacks of shockwave with force choke, then immediately use smash, wherein I could not block it with force shroud at all (even with a 1 second headstart with using the ability).

That is to say, smash, since it's buff, is much more "instant" than other moves.

Another example I tested was spamming spike, while the SW was in the midst of jumping towards me, not only did he not have resolve (and I was facing him), he was also able to get a smash off, before I could spike him...

Hey bsbrad,

I am trying to get a bit more information here before passing this on to the development team. It isn't an issue we are aware of and they would need a bit more info to fix it (if it is in fact broken).

• Could you give a more detailed account of what was going on at the time?
  • Were you stunned/rooted/etc. while this was happening?
  • Give any other details about the specific incident if possible.

As someone else alluded to, if you have a video link of this happening, that would be perfect! I could just show them that and they can get the answers they need.

Thanks!

Thanks Eric for responding, the problem happened on Bergeren Colony in an Ancient Hypergates match where I was healing (sorc healer: N'abi) a tank (Krym) and I had a full resolve bar after being stunned a few times before this incident, which I could see from my resolve bar. Two marauders then jumped to me and the first one did a force choke which I broke with my cc breaker (note I shouldn't have been able to be cc'd) then the next one force choked me and as I was unable to break it therefore the 2 marauders beat me to a pulp.

Unfortunately I wasn't running any video capturing software but I thought it was prudent to point this issue out in case you have other reports of the same thing happening. It would be nice to have a breakdown of how the resolve system is intended to work, i.e. how much resolve different CC's do.

You don't really need video to "prove" it. Just linking combat log with whole situation could be enough info to try and pinpoint it. Obviously combat log is much easier to get faked, but assuming we're here to fix bug, not to send anyone on wild goose chase, it's irrelevant.

Actually that is a good idea, when I get home I will look through my logs to find the appropriate issue and send it to Eric

What I've never liked about force choke, which will be fixed in 2.0, was that a smasher was always able to get their 4 stacks of shockwave with force choke, then immediately use smash, wherein I could not block it with force shroud at all (even with a 1 second headstart with using the ability).

That is to say, smash, since it's buff, is much more "instant" than other moves.

Another example I tested was spamming spike, while the SW was in the midst of jumping towards me, not only did he not have resolve (and I was facing him), he was also able to get a smash off, before I could spike him...

That could be a lag issue. Happens to me all the time. Smasher lands and he goes flying back form KB and I see his Smash go off wherever he lands and I think 'Ha wasted your Smash" but then -5600 pops up over my head.