Dual Spec!

You can not carry the gear suitable for all alternative spec options. You will complain about the dependence on the gear next. Big, monstrous NO!

No one would be forcing you to. So don't do it if you don't want. Those who do want, who can live with what you said, will be happy.

Stop trying to hold the game back for your selfish views. No one is twisting your arm.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it takes about 5 secs to respec if you know exactly where you want you points. Is actually very fast and easy to switch between roles.

If that's the case and its so fast and easy, then having it automated wouldn't make or break anything and I'd prefer to save those extra 4 seconds.

Edited by Elfa

No one would be forcing you to. So don't do it if you don't want. Those who do want, who can live with what you said, will be happy.

Stop trying to hold the game back for your selfish views. No one is twisting your arm.

Oh you must be new here, I have not intended to force my view on you, and I hope you won't try the same. I did however try to point out that people who wish to have dual spec will be back in the same forums to complain about the gear issues.

Now that is a problem, would you not agree that gear one would use on a healer can not be used on a tank?

IMHO the amount of changes that this game would require would be better solved by just playing different game instead. Everyone would be happy that way.

Edited by ELRunninW

I think you are wrong. If you have another account or a friend you can see how much the database slower down the performance. I have check, with same settings of course, my account and my girlfriend one.

I have 10k of achievement she have just 4k, I have almost complete collection at 60% she have less than 10.

With this come out a differece of 10Fps when I log with these two accounts, she got 10 more than me. Not a small impact, she also take really less to log in. 45sec less.

So database are having right now a huge impact on performance

I'm sorry, but the database is not going to have an effect on FPS based on the amount of data used by two different accounts.

First, even if there is a significant difference in the amount of data for each account we are still talking about a trivial amount of data being exchanged between the Hero engine and the back end database.

If you are having FPS differences or other problems that seem to differ between two accounts on the same machine I would suspect you have some other client problem and not a server/database issue. I'd check the memory usage between the two accounts, see if there is a lot of disk swapping going on, maybe delete the DiskCacheArena, etc. If you have less than 4GB of RAM you might want to increase the amount of RAM in your machine.

If you have the memory to set up a RAM disk there is an excellent article in the forums on doing that.

At any rate I wish you the best but I very strongly doubt that the issues you are experiencing are server side database related.

did however try to point out that people who wish to have dual spec will be back in the same forums to complain about the gear issues.

Where did you buy your magic ball? I want one.

But on a serious note, you are WAYYY off too. I often have two sets of gear on me in WoW, and in this game. My main spec gear (DPS), my PvP gear, and some off spec tank gear I've been collecting along the way should I ever decide to go tank (My main is a Sin)

I never come complaining about it as I have never had an issue with space. You are grasping at straws with that argument against it. And dual spec would just be icing on the cake, and give me motivation to PvP more since I can switch spec/gear on the fly, anywhere I am, instead of having to travel back to a trainer and re-do all my skill points.

Regardless of how anyone looks at it, there really is no drawback to dual spec. And for those who don't like the idea, no one is forcing you.

Oh you must be new here

I love when people throw stuff like that out, as if it's supposed to somehow take away from any valid argument I might have... Unfortunately, I've been around quite awhile, have my founder title, etc, etc...

Edited by TrooperRCH
Spelling errors

• 11 months later...
Seriously, dual spec only helps. If it has to be broken down crayola style than you're s l o w. Inexplicably, this is not in the game. Hey, why did anyone stop using 56k connections? Because it's old and outdated like single specs. I'm not saying to allow swapping between advanced classes ( I don't care). Anything that makes the game smoother is just that "smooth". Don't be a jerk/troll. If you want to stand in the way of progress than do everyone a favor and become a hermit and stay away from mmo's so your horrible opinion doesn't effect others. Hey, since it's still single spec, why don't we all go crank start our model T's?...beeptards! Edited by Andaeli

Also, WoW just did one of the best things in mmo history...truly adaptive armor (to spec). Amazing! I don't understand why some people don't like progress. What might your point be? That anyone could play your role? Guess what? Anyone can play your role regardless. It's a game. You are not a nuclear engineer. You are not a unique snowflake. I'd enjoy playing the game more when I'm off work.

I don't know about a lot of people but no dual spec prevents me from being a tank and a healer on my classes, i stick to being a DPS, i switch between solo and group stuff during the day and DPS is the best for soloing stuff, there is to much effort for having to constantly respec and fix all my action bars so i never tank and i never heal, i remember they said Dual Spec was going to be added in 1.2 or the small patch after it.

Rearranging my quick bard between healer and dps is such a pain in the *** that I simply don't do it anymore. My healer stays in one spec and consequently is only played when needed to heal a FP. Questing as a healer sucks so I really don't play him much at all (I tank and dps most of the time unless I really need a change of pace or my guild really needs him for something.

dual spec is long over due, get on it bioware...all the people who dont like it..no one is forcing you to use it..the same way no one is forcing you to buy field respec..you can continue to go back and forth on the fleet when you want to readjust your Utiliy points...:p Edited by Lt-Snake

It never ceases to amaze me at the dinks who say things like "NO! I DONT WANT DUAL SPEC! DURRRR!"... well, ok? Let them impliment it for the rest of us, and you can keep running back to your trainer and re-do all your bars and talents every time you want to try another spec. No one will be forcing you to use it, so stop trying to block it from the rest of us who could really benefit from it.

^ This.

Not to forget you also have to swap your gear and some time remap some key bindings or even arrange talents in different quick slots.

For example I nearly don't use interrupts nor CCins in PvP and I want those in the most accessible slots in PvP.

For others skills like lowering aggro I need them close to me in PvE and never ever use them in PvP.

For the record at the New York cantina even they said they where looking into dual specs but they could not make it for 3.0. So hopefully Soon™ (guessing mid 2015 though)

So yeah at some point they are going to "waste" some time on dual (multi?) speccing. You can cry now ;)

I don't know about a lot of people but no dual spec prevents me from being a tank and a healer on my classes, i stick to being a DPS, i switch between solo and group stuff during the day and DPS is the best for soloing stuff, there is to much effort for having to constantly respec and fix all my action bars so i never tank and i never heal, i remember they said Dual Spec was going to be added in 1.2 or the small patch after it.

Same boat. Switched my commando to heal and tis a pain even to do the bounties events.

Consequence I only log her when my guild need one more healer and even. So more or less a parked character. Which is bit sad considering I love DPSing with that baby.

Switching quickslots, gear, revamping the skill tress is not fun. And as a crafter my bags are already quite full without the needed alternate gear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.