Random QQ/Vent/Rage Post/Dig at Republic n00bs

ChewyYui

Firstly, I have to say I'm not one for QQ'ing on the forums, but I NEED to vent this. I am growing increasingly sick of the Republic side on my Server.

Firstly, we get such an influx of noobs, its un-believable. The fact that players are new, isn't an issue, I consider myself patient most the time, but what is annoying about it, is they come and ruin content for me, and other players. People are joining Hardmode flashpoints queues, including Lost Island, with sub-par gear, usually having lvl 41ish greens and blues. They agro trash mobs when other skip it, (they stay close, but still stray off to agro) causing them to die repeatedly, then they go and agro a new set of mobs, and die again. Sure, everyone learns, but then they go and blame someone in the group, or just quit. Ok, I haven't played Empire side in a long time, so I dont know what the PUG state is for them, but judging from PvP (which I will rage about next), I very much doubt it.

Secondly, noobs in PvP is unbearable. On my server at least, Imperials tend to win ALOT of their games, because they have more competent players, more PvP guilds etc. Also because we have a bunch of morons that play Republic PvP. I wouldn't say I am a great PvPer, but I wouldn't say I was bad either. I tend to stay away from PvP for a few reasons; I prefer PvE, my computer doesn't give super-high fps in Warzones, and I'm not amazing. The times I do play PvP, especially in the 50 bracket, frequently our teams are plagued with noobs, that don't call out objectives, do stupid things, and worst of all, fresh 50's rock up in there trashy no-expertised gear, and get confused when people tell them to leave because they're bringing the team down. Empire side CLEARLY doesn't have this problem, else we wouldn't get blitzed almost every game we play. Pre-50 matches aren't much better either.

So if you have read up to this point, you're probably saying "Shut up" or "Go role an Imp toon". Well, why should I have to? Simply because our faction gets the half-wits? I don't want to have to re-level up to 50 (soon 55), re-gear my PvE and PvP sets to my current ones, re-collect all the datacrons etc. I have a guild which I am happy in on the Republic side, we do regular ops, and I enjoy it. I also have a few friends, and people I talk to/have to call me for back-up, on the server, and those are the reasons I haven't up and left for the Empire (which is 20% cooler with everything) Tho, If the situation doesn't improve (which I doubt it will), I'll have the daunting task to level a Sin Tank to level cap, re-gear, make new friends, join a new guild etc. which I don't want to do. I regret not rolling my main on the Empire to start with. So much.

Final word: I don't consider myself an Elitist, nor do I wish to be overly selfish about the game. Everyone who plays has equal rights to the content they pay for, but consider other players when you want to be a half-witted idiot (Like I do when I avoid PvPing alot) and learn something about the game you want to play, instead of ruining the content for others - Everyone has the right to enjoy content, so don't ruin it for those who are (unlucky enough to be) playing with you.

TL;DR - Republic side is full of Noobs.

I'm mad because we loose PvP.

Won't re-roll Empire cause I'm lazy, I know a few nice people Republic side

There's half-wits on both sides. Its only a game. Help the ones willing to learn, ignore the ones who think they know-it-all and don't need to be "told what to do".

Coming here to complain about your lack of patience with new players, well, should I remind you that once you were a new player, and you MUST have been shown patience by another player or two?

We are all n00bs. You included.

Do not give in to your frustration. That leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate is the Dark Path.

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Blah, blah, yada, yada, learn to let the little things go.

There's half-wits on both sides. Its only a game. Help the ones willing to learn, ignore the ones who think they know-it-all and don't need to be "told what to do".

Coming here to complain about your lack of patience with new players, well, should I remind you that once you were a new player, and you MUST have been shown patience by another player or two?

We are all n00bs. You included.

What bothers me more is (often times) not being able to complete content because of the half-wits. I have patience, only a limited amount. I am not saying those who don't shouldn't, I am saying be considerate of others and take the extra time to become familiar with essential mechanics and concepts of the stuff you are trying to do. It isn't rocket science to know that you aren't familiar with things and that because of this, others content will be hindered.

It doesn't bother me so much if you aren't good at something, cause granted, the game can be difficult. Not being good at something because you are clueless to everything is the issue.

I joined TOR last January, so I basically grew with everyone else. I'd consider myself more competent than the people I am complaining about.

That makes you a noob too :D HAHA NOOB! jk

I find it hard to write, without writing a lot. Sorry for the lengthy reply.

The other day our KP group wiped a couple of times. It was then that we noticed the juggernaut in cunning gear with a lvl 36 shield and no helmet.

Not a hidden headslot. No helmet.

^ This. This is the problem.

What bothers me more is (often times) not being able to complete content because of the half-wits. I have patience, only a limited amount. I am not saying those who don't shouldn't, I am saying be considerate of others and take the extra time to become familiar with essential mechanics and concepts of the stuff you are trying to do. It isn't rocket science to know that you aren't familiar with things and that because of this, others content will be hindered.

It doesn't bother me so much if you aren't good at something, cause granted, the game can be difficult. Not being good at something because you are clueless to everything is the issue.

I joined TOR last January, so I basically grew with everyone else. I'd consider myself more competent than the people I am complaining about.

That makes you a noob too :D HAHA NOOB! jk

I find it hard to write, without writing a lot. Sorry for the lengthy reply.

Some of those n00bs are pre-teen kids. You ever known a pre-teen to sit and read a game's manual before playing?

Show patience to those who are deserving, and ignore the others. There has been more than a few times where I've tried to help a group, but they were really bad, and I would try to teach them, but then they would get defensive, start trying to lay blame with me, so I just ditch their stupid butts in the instance and leave group, adding them to ignore if they get lippy.

Companion aggro abilities left on while in group, using area knock-backs and spreading out mobs making AoEs useless, DPSers aggroing before the tank, etc. Yup, I know your pain, I just found a better way of dealing with it.

Patience with others, realizing there could be MULTIPLE reasons why they are struggling with the game.

Control of yourself, and your feelings. Its only a game, and getting frustrated with the little things tends to build up within you after a time. If you really love the game, then don't feel bad when you tell some ignorant n00b who won't listen "welcome to my ignore list".

As for not getting your content done, again, patience. Just because you don't get it done the day you want to, doesn't mean you never will.

Do some research. Look into any guilds that may suit you. Add the people you help & responded well to your help, to your friends list, and call on them in the future for help. Pay attention to what times on your server finding good group help is more likely (usually late evenings on my server, as most of the youngsters are gone to bed, and there are more mature, experienced players on).

If you only came here to rant, then it serves no purpose.

But if you came here to listen to what others have to say about your post, maybe take some of the advice given and put it into practice, well then, this post has served a purpose.

Edited by CaptRavenous

lol i feel you OP, on the bastion imps tends to sux

i used to rage, but now i quit when the team do uber level noob stuff

e.g. dont pass the ball although there are 4 ppl in front of you

dont guard the node or doors

dont call incs or worse call incs AFTER the door/node/pylon is capped (gotta love those times)

run around and ignore the objectives

and so forth

The other day our KP group wiped a couple of times. It was then that we noticed the juggernaut in cunning gear with a lvl 36 shield and no helmet.

Yeah this is it here. Even when some of us were complete and total noobs...we would have known this was not within the definition of "teamwork"

0-50 ...never got a helmet?!?! Prolly just someone who leveled to 50 in Ilum, just along for the ride, trying to get some purples.

oh man i need a good laugh

oh man i need a good laugh

Some of those n00bs are pre-teen kids. You ever known a pre-teen to sit and read a game's manual before playing?

Show patience to those who are deserving, and ignore the others. There has been more than a few times where I've tried to help a group, but they were really bad, and I would try to teach them, but then they would get defensive, start trying to lay blame with me, so I just ditch their stupid butts in the instance and leave group, adding them to ignore if they get lippy.

Companion aggro abilities left on while in group, using area knock-backs and spreading out mobs making AoEs useless, DPSers aggroing before the tank, etc. Yup, I know your pain, I just found a better way of dealing with it.

Patience with others, realizing there could be MULTIPLE reasons why they are struggling with the game.

Control of yourself, and your feelings. Its only a game, and getting frustrated with the little things tends to build up within you after a time. If you really love the game, then don't feel bad when you tell some ignorant n00b who won't listen "welcome to my ignore list".

As for not getting your content done, again, patience. Just because you don't get it done the day you want to, doesn't mean you never will.

Do some research. Look into any guilds that may suit you. Add the people you help & responded well to your help, to your friends list, and call on them in the future for help. Pay attention to what times on your server finding good group help is more likely (usually late evenings on my server, as most of the youngsters are gone to bed, and there are more mature, experienced players on).

If you only came here to rant, then it serves no purpose.

But if you came here to listen to what others have to say about your post, maybe take some of the advice given and put it into practice, well then, this post has served a purpose.

This all sounds like some jedi nonsense. :rak_04:

Firstly, we get such an influx of noobs, its un-believable. The fact that players are new, isn't an issue, I consider myself patient most the time, but what is annoying about it, is they come and ruin content for me, and other players. People are joining Hardmode flashpoints queues, including Lost Island, with sub-par gear, usually having lvl 41ish greens and blues. They agro trash mobs when other skip it, (they stay close, but still stray off to agro) causing them to die repeatedly, then they go and agro a new set of mobs, and die again. Sure, everyone learns, but then they go and blame someone in the group, or just quit. .

Ok new players playing hard mode before they reach level 50 is stupid, being under equipped when you start is kind of expected but not by that much

Secondly, noobs in PvP is unbearable. On my server at least, Imperials tend to win ALOT of their games, because they have more competent players, more PvP guilds etc. Also because we have a bunch of morons that play Republic PvP. I wouldn't say I am a great PvPer, but I wouldn't say I was bad either. I tend to stay away from PvP for a few reasons; I prefer PvE, my computer doesn't give super-high fps in Warzones, and I'm not amazing. The times I do play PvP, especially in the 50 bracket, frequently our teams are plagued with noobs, that don't call out objectives, do stupid things, and worst of all, fresh 50's rock up in there trashy no-expertised gear, and get confused when people tell them to leave because they're bringing the team down. Empire side CLEARLY doesn't have this problem, else we wouldn't get blitzed almost every game we play. Pre-50 matches aren't much better either.

Haven't done any level 50 PVP yet, but from the lower level PVP I would say that both sides have the same problem, more people start on the republic side, but you do get people who start as Sith or Bounty Hunters, and they do the same stupid things, just slightly fewer of them.

So if you have read up to this point, you're probably saying "Shut up" or "Go role an Imp toon". Well, why should I have to? Simply because our faction gets the half-wits? I don't want to have to re-level up to 50 (soon 55), re-gear my PvE and PvP sets to my current ones, re-collect all the datacrons etc. I have a guild which I am happy in on the Republic side, we do regular ops, and I enjoy it. I also have a few friends, and people I talk to/have to call me for back-up, on the server, and those are the reasons I haven't up and left for the Empire (which is 20% cooler with everything) Tho, If the situation doesn't improve (which I doubt it will), I'll have the daunting task to level a Sin Tank to level cap, re-gear, make new friends, join a new guild etc. which I don't want to do. I regret not rolling my main on the Empire to start with. So much.

Actually try the imperial side, the stories are better, yes you woul have to chase down the datacrons, and get new PVP/PVE gear, but the stories are good. Also the animations on the abilities is more fun for Imperials, a bount hunter get a flame thrower, which is cool, the republic equivalent is a sort of shocking electric blast, which does a slightly better job, but isn't as much fun.

Final word: I don't consider myself an Elitist, nor do I wish to be overly selfish about the game. Everyone who plays has equal rights to the content they pay for, but consider other players when you want to be a half-witted idiot (Like I do when I avoid PvPing alot) and learn something about the game you want to play, instead of ruining the content for others - Everyone has the right to enjoy content, so don't ruin it for those who are (unlucky enough to be) playing with you.

Depends on your definition of elitism, you don't have the condescending tone of an elitist in the negative sense, but you do seem want people to recognise ability and to be better than they currently are, which is the original meaning of Elitism. I can see where you are coming from, and don't agree completely, but I don't disagree completely either.

PS I read the other posts, but felt my comments would be best addressed at the OP.

This all sounds like some jedi nonsense.

Yeah, well, Jedi are all about helping others.

Troopers are all about: if you can not walk you find somebody to carry you (back to the medic)

And smugglers are all about: me myself and I (so they shouldn't be in a group to begin with)

Or maybe, that was some good advice to stop the OP giving himself an ulcer

(I do have to add though that in my experience it is not a teenager thing but a man thing to refuse to read the instruction manual. Women on the other hand tend to find those things too complicated to read...

Yay. Done with today's equal opportunity stereotyping ;))

Secondly, noobs in PvP is unbearable. On my server at least, Imperials tend to win ALOT of their games, because they have more competent players, more PvP guilds etc. Also because we have a bunch of morons that play Republic PvP.

I don't PvP, however, I run 12 level 50s across both sides so switch from Rep to Imp quite a bit. I see general chat on both sides full of comments like "don't queue for PVP if you don't know what you're doing!", "why is PVP on this side full of noobs?" etc etc.

I expect it's just your perspective.

<troll mode on>

Or you're the reason why your teams keep losing ;)

Just a few points from the other side of the coin.. I have been away for about a year and left with 3 lvl 50s, with main being all columi/rakata. I was on a pretty small server -- Sedyn Kyne -- and never got to run ops mainly because ppl refused to do pugs for ops. I had my own guild and chose to spend my time helping "noobs" that legitimately wanted to learn the game's mechanics in fp's and heroics. And to be perfectly honest i have a lot more fun wiping while helping someone learn than i do racing past trash and sub-bosses and skipping content. I realize ops can take a long time, but as before, I find the impatience level to be astronomical with even newer endgamers. Now that I'm on a heavy server -- jedi covenant -- it seems only to have gotten worse. Clearly the "noobs" that just want to screw around and don't care about learning or growing in the game are a part of the problem, but i can't tell you how infuriating it is to constantly be asked "you're geared up right? We only take dread geard ppl on our hm kp/ev run." Or just as bad "you know all the fights right? We only take ppl that don't need any instruction." I'm paraphrasing but that sh*t is infuriating. It has been a while but i consider myself to be a master of my spec -- sentinel -- and a damned good dps, but why does that count for nothing?? No I'm not a f*ing noob and I'll hold my own in your leets-only op. 1 minute before a boss is asking too much?? please don't lump me in with someone who can't or refuses to follow instruction or take advice. And for that price you'll have another person who can run the ops with you without f*ing up or acting like an idiot. Not saying the op falls in this category but I abhor leets and the leet attitude.

tl;dr- just because someone isn't a leet doesn't mean they're a noob. There really are for real in real life players that enjoy playing the game and learning from more experienced players that don't act like d*cks to everyone who isn't a leet like them and you might just be better for it in the end if you give people a chance.

Just a few points from the other side of the coin.. I have been away for about a year and left with 3 lvl 50s, with main being all columi/rakata. I was on a pretty small server -- Sedyn Kyne -- and never got to run ops mainly because ppl refused to do pugs for ops. I had my own guild and chose to spend my time helping "noobs" that legitimately wanted to learn the game's mechanics in fp's and heroics. And to be perfectly honest i have a lot more fun wiping while helping someone learn than i do racing past trash and sub-bosses and skipping content. I realize ops can take a long time, but as before, I find the impatience level to be astronomical with even newer endgamers. Now that I'm on a heavy server -- jedi covenant -- it seems only to have gotten worse. Clearly the "noobs" that just want to screw around and don't care about learning or growing in the game are a part of the problem, but i can't tell you how infuriating it is to constantly be asked "you're geared up right? We only take dread geard ppl on our hm kp/ev run." Or just as bad "you know all the fights right? We only take ppl that don't need any instruction." I'm paraphrasing but that sh*t is infuriating. It has been a while but i consider myself to be a master of my spec -- sentinel -- and a damned good dps, but why does that count for nothing?? No I'm not a f*ing noob and I'll hold my own in your leets-only op. 1 minute before a boss is asking too much?? please don't lump me in with someone who can't or refuses to follow instruction or take advice. And for that price you'll have another person who can run the ops with you without f*ing up or acting like an idiot. Not saying the op falls in this category but I abhor leets and the leet attitude.

tl;dr- just because someone isn't a leet doesn't mean they're a noob. There really are for real in real life players that enjoy playing the game and learning from more experienced players that don't act like d*cks to everyone who isn't a leet like them and you might just be better for it in the end if you give people a chance.

Bravo!!! Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

Actually try the imperial side, the stories are better, yes you woul have to chase down the datacrons, and get new PVP/PVE gear, but the stories are good. Also the animations on the abilities is more fun for Imperials, a bount hunter get a flame thrower, which is cool, the republic equivalent is a sort of shocking electric blast, which does a slightly better job, but isn't as much fun.

I have played the Imp side, my first 50 was a Sniper, so I agree with some of the things you are saying. Maybe after 2.0 hits, I'll start to level up my Assassin and gear them up on the Imp side.

Or it was somebody having a good time trolling the ops ...

Even if it was a troll, that sort of stuff happens (maybe not in such an extreme way), and It wouldn't surprise me if it happened just as the post said.

I don't PvP, however, I run 12 level 50s across both sides so switch from Rep to Imp quite a bit. I see general chat on both sides full of comments like "don't queue for PVP if you don't know what you're doing!", "why is PVP on this side full of noobs?" etc etc.

I expect it's just your perspective.

<troll mode on>

Or you're the reason why your teams keep losing ;)

I imagine the Imp side has it's share of PvP noobs, but they aren't in the cross faction games.

I don't actually do WZ much, because I know I am not amazing, but I'm not terrible either lol.

I understand what you are saying, and I don't know if a lot of it was directed at me, but I don't believe it's correct if it was. Firstly, I wouldn't say I am one the the "leets" who'd not play with people who can't do everything perfectly, or unless they have god-tier gear. That isn't what I am saying in my Original Post, and If it came across like that, I am sorry, I didn't mean it to.

I understand and respect the fact not everyone has done content before, nor will they have the highest tier of gear because of it. My gear isn't all dread guard (Its BH/Campain, but that's irrelevant), nor have I done everything in the game enough where I know it like the back of my hand. What I am trying to say both now and in OP, is that people shouldn't be attempting content that they are undergeared for. The Elder Game section on this website has a gearing bracket, they could look at that, or they could simply ask in general chat. If I do group finder ops, I go in expecting some people not to know the bosses, usually they say when we load up, or me/someone will ask if everyone has done it before. If they haven't, I or someone else will try their best to explain to the people who haven't done it before.

I said before about people doing stupid things in flashpoints and stuff. What bothers me is when they do it over and over, not listening to the advice people are giving on how they can avoid the mistake, then they quit. I make mistakes sometimes, be it falling of a bridge or agroing trash, so It would be hypocritical of me to shun everyone for the tinniest error, which I don't do.

I understand what you are saying, and I don't know if a lot of it was directed at me, but I don't believe it's correct if it was. Firstly, I wouldn't say I am one the the "leets" who'd not play with people who can't do everything perfectly, or unless they have god-tier gear. That isn't what I am saying in my Original Post, and If it came across like that, I am sorry, I didn't mean it to.

I understand and respect the fact not everyone has done content before, nor will they have the highest tier of gear because of it. My gear isn't all dread guard (Its BH/Campain, but that's irrelevant), nor have I done everything in the game enough where I know it like the back of my hand. What I am trying to say both now and in OP, is that people shouldn't be attempting content that they are undergeared for. The Elder Game section on this website has a gearing bracket, they could look at that, or they could simply ask in general chat. If I do group finder ops, I go in expecting some people not to know the bosses, usually they say when we load up, or me/someone will ask if everyone has done it before. If they haven't, I or someone else will try their best to explain to the people who haven't done it before.

I said before about people doing stupid things in flashpoints and stuff. What bothers me is when they do it over and over, not listening to the advice people are giving on how they can avoid the mistake, then they quit. I make mistakes sometimes, be it falling of a bridge or agroing trash, so It would be hypocritical of me to shun everyone for the tinniest error, which I don't do.

Didn't mean to imply that my comments were directed at you, and i certainly appreciate that you don't seem to be one of those i was describing. The purpose of my post was more to get inb4 a lot of raging on noobs that the issue goes both ways. And i think it's important draw a distinction: there are noobs, a term which imho should not have an inherent negative connotation, and there are noob trolls. Conversely, there are experienced players who enjoy playing with other players regardless of experience level and there leet a**wipes who behave as though endgame content belongs solely to them and their ilk.

Did anyone else read the OP and hear Andy Rooney's voice? Or is that just me?

Who's that? lol

My only question, "Were you not also a noob once?"

I wasn't a "bad" noob, I was competent and considerate of others.