Augments and crystals 2.0

khankillyou

Will they be adding a new tier of augments and are the crystals +51 or still +41?

Three new tiers of augments and augment kits up through mk-9 are being added, which will require adding new kits to existing armors to hold the level 7,8, & 9 augments. I think the MK9 augments have a stat budget of 36 for the primary stat vs 18 like now.

Color crystals are not changing currently. They may add some new colors, but +41 is still the top end for now. This may change as we start getting the next tier of armor/token drops beyond Underworld gear.

Three new tiers of augments and augment kits up through mk-9 are being added, which will require adding new kits to existing armors to hold the level 7,8, & 9 augments. I think the MK9 augments have a stat budget of 36 for the primary stat vs 18 like now.

Color crystals are not changing currently. They may add some new colors, but +41 is still the top end for now. This may change as we start getting the next tier of armor/token drops beyond Underworld gear.

I doubt they're ever going to change the stats on crystals, assuming they don't just remove the stats altogether. They've said that they don't want to force people into using certain crystals just to get the best stats. Especially because some crystals aren't available anymore, and even the ones that still are available people would have to regrind to get again. And that's not cool for people who got themselves rare/hard to get crystals like white, magenta, black-purple, etc.

Will they be adding a new tier of augments and are the crystals +51 or still +41?

Dulfy's site has a page with all the new schematics listed, including the new augments tiers....at least the last version of them from the PTS: http://dulfy.net/2013/02/24/swtor-patch-2-0-new-crafting-materials-and-schematics/

Also, since they are doing away with some vendors that sold weapons with certain color crystals, they are adding the ability to RE a few of the crystals - purple, cyan, blue-black and red-black (I believe those are the correct ones, but could be mistaken) - so you'll see more of those for sale after 2.0 hits.

I doubt they're ever going to change the stats on crystals, assuming they don't just remove the stats altogether. They've said that they don't want to force people into using certain crystals just to get the best stats.

Yeah, they talked about removing the stats from the colors and have the stats separate somehow (for example, KOTOR 1 and 2 had just a color crystal and then you could add crystals that had stats) but they've probably concluded it's just easier to leave the stat level capped on the color crystal rather than spend the time and money to re-design the whole crystal/gear system.

Dulfy's site has a page with all the new schematics listed, including the new augments tiers....at least the last version of them from the PTS: http://dulfy.net/2013/02/24/swtor-patch-2-0-new-crafting-materials-and-schematics/

Also, since they are doing away with some vendors that sold weapons with certain color crystals, they are adding the ability to RE a few of the crystals - purple, cyan, blue-black and red-black (I believe those are the correct ones, but could be mistaken) - so you'll see more of those for sale after 2.0 hits.

Yeah, they talked about removing the stats from the colors and have the stats separate somehow (for example, KOTOR 1 and 2 had just a color crystal and then you could add crystals that had stats) but they've probably concluded it's just easier to leave the stat level capped on the color crystal rather than spend the time and money to re-design the whole crystal/gear system.

I'm fine with that. Seems like it would be pretty easy for them to just go ahead and remove the stats from the color crystals now and tune new content under the assumption that players are going to have 82 points less of a secondary stat. In the end, I can't imagine that 82 points being a large enough difference in overall dps/survivability numbers that they would even have to re-tune content.

But then you have the issue with Artificing suddenly losing massive amounts of crafts

Is that a bad thing or a good thing? Instead of having four patterns for a green crystal...they'll only have one. Which they can then make and not have to decide WHICH green crystal to make that will be most wanted.

I'm not an artificer, so I honestly don't know if this would be a real issue or not. Just suggesting that sometimes simplifying choices might be a plus.

Edited by Jilisipone

I'm fine with that. Seems like it would be pretty easy for them to just go ahead and remove the stats from the color crystals now and tune new content under the assumption that players are going to have 82 points less of a secondary stat. In the end, I can't imagine that 82 points being a large enough difference in overall dps/survivability numbers that they would even have to re-tune content.

But that's why changing it is pointless. So everyone has those 82 points of stats or they all have 0 points of stats for those 2 crystals. As long as they leave the stats capped at +41 per crystal, then nothing is really being accomplished by removing the stats from the crystals. It's unnecessary. If they were going to add more high powered crystals, then separating the stats would make sense. But since they don't seem intent to spend the time and money to re-design things to do that, they appear to be just leaving the stat cap at +41 on the crystals. By having +41 on the Cartel crystals, this has allowed them to basically level out any stat differences on crystals.