Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

can two humans produce a sith pureblood?

Froogleseven

my question is can two humans (with sith ancestry but none of the physical traits) produce a sith pureblood child? or does there need to be a pureblood parent to produce a pureblood offspring?

not really a important question, but its been in the back of my mind recently for some reason :p

If the parents didn't have enough Sith blood in them to display the traits then I doubt any off spring that they had would either. Think about it, if I am 50% of something and it doesn't show than my child will only get 25% from me, and if my wife also has 50% the child would get 25% from her, so our child would still have the same amount as us which would be 50%.

If the parents didn't have enough Sith blood in them to display the traits then I doubt any off spring that they had would either. Think about it, if I am 50% of something and it doesn't show than my child will only get 25% from me, and if my wife also has 50% the child would get 25% from her, so our child would still have the same amount as us which would be 50%.

Wouldn't it be the odds are stacked against you, but the genes would still be there.

Less likely with say .01% Sith Pureblood running through the veins. For instance parents with brown eyes, with their own parents with brown eyes, have a blue eyes child. The odds aren't in favor of it, but the possibility is.

Well they wouldn't be pure blood any longer. But once a species intermingles and produces offspring with another species, they are no longer pure in any sense of the word. They would be mixed, interracial/species or what have you. So if two humans who had Sith ancestry at one point produced offspring with any Sith traits it would still be just a human with sith traits.

Well they wouldn't be pure blood any longer. But once a species intermingles and produces offspring with another species, they are no longer pure in any sense of the word. They would be mixed, interracial/species or what have you. So if two humans who had Sith ancestry at one point produced offspring with any Sith traits it would still be just a human with sith traits.

well the whole "pureblood" term was wrong from the beginning since they were a hybrid species from the start (sith magic allowed the humans to breed with the original sith race, which produced the playable hybrids we have now, the original sith race is supposedly extinct) its just what they are called to seperate themselves from humans.

It's largely semantics, but most if not all of the Sith "Purebloods" in this game aren't purebloods, either, due to millennia of interbreeding, mostly with humans. Simply put, the Sith that we see in the game have diluted Sith features compared to the actual pureblood sith. The term Pureblood in this game is a bit of a misnomer and mostly applied to emphasize lineage more than genetic makeup.

As for the OP, it can be reasonably assumed that most of the Sith traits are recessive. Even if you reject that assumption, two humans of SIth ancestry certainly carry diluted Sith genes at best. For those reasons, the likelihood of them producing a child that meets aesthetic guidelines to be considered pureblood is very low and likely impossible. On top of that, if the child's lineage is known, it will likely not be considered pureblood from a cultural standpoint anyway, since lineage is what matters most.

That's not how biology works, you pass 50% of your genetics along true, but which 50% is random.

In your scenario you might pass the whole 50% of Sith Pureblood along or nothing, that's anything from 50% to 0%, and the same from your wife, so the child could inherit anything from 100% to 0% (50% from each parent).

However this is unlikely, the child is most likely to be around the 50% mark like you suggested. Because it's random you have to bring probability into it, and in this case the child is most likely to inherit about 25% from each parent, although it's impossible to predict which 25%.

So two Humans could pass enough genetic material for their child to be a Sith Pureblood.

Also I apologise for being boring and pedantic about it, but genetics is sometimes a boring and pedantic subject.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.