Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Is it over? Is the memory leak finally fixed?

Ishigum

Can confirm it, this fix is the best fix ever and was really needed. Before, the game took all my available memory (16 GB), now it stays at around 2GB. However, I would not mind if SWTOR would use up to 8GB of my Memory.

Took them long enough to fix this. :rolleyes:

Here you go mate. You can have it use up to 16GB to massively improve performance.

I hope those of you who can't get in will have the issue fixed shortly. If it makes you feel any better, Alderaan is still glowing gold :rolleyes:

Well darn that sucks. I had not been back to Alderaan since the patch....sad to hear this. The only issue I ran into since this latest patch, was getting sent the Char screen 2 times when trying to enter a WZ....and one crash to desktop.

On a humorous side note I was on Balmorra {Rep version} doing the same as Alderaan {merely opening the map and grabbing the datacrons for a underlvled toon} early this moring....and while opening the last part of the map {the region way out east where players go for the final stage of the Bal. bonus} and, lol, to this day one of the large land crawler/tank vehicles is still invisible...with only the portion you can place a device on still visible hovering in the air...sad. I have not seen the actual vehicle since beta...maybe just after launch. How pathetic really.

So now I have to patch my launcher every couple of time I play. Windows had some changes in memory handling (virtual memory) between xp and 7. So I use XP compatibility mode and 2 usb drives as virtual memory. So am I going to have to go back and patch my patches because of their patch. Before, I could log on and play PVE okay and the fleet and WZ kinda sucked. Now It just dumps the load screen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.