The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why make Grievous a whimp?

Neltronluur

These are some things I happened to notice about General Grievous's character over the years.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2003): The General makes his first appearance as a ruthless and "Unstoppable" droid commander who manages to outmaneuver and outsmart an entire Jedi Battle Fleet on Hypori. He then proceeds to wipe out the remaining Jedi personally, killing three Jedi, incapacitating two, and battering the heck out of the only Jedi left standing. He is portrayed as a military genius and a Jedi-killing death machine. (WOW what a foe indeed!)

Star Wars Episode III (2005): Grievous makes his first appearance as a live-action character and is the individual responsible for the brilliant surprise attack on Coruscant and the one responsible for the abduction of Chancellor Palpatine. After the Chancellor is rescued and the Republic finally manages to turn the tide he falls back to his main staging point on Utapau where he later duels with and is defeated my Obi-wan Kenobi. He is portrayed as a ruthless commander who cares nothing for the lives of others and has anger management issues. (Not so Wow but man I love how evil this guy is!)

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008-Present): Grievous makes his final appearance as the Scourge of the Outer Rim, the Commander of the Malevolence, and a Jedi-Killer. He kills a few Jedi here and there and "oh what's this he manages to run away from nearly every fight he engages in!" "What happened to the 2003 Death Machine?" Added on to that is the oddity that he manages to kill at least a dozen of the best Jedi in the Order but somehow fails to defeat a certain Togruta Padawan in one on one combat not once but TWICE! "Wait didn't he kill a few Jedi Masters?"

So if what the series says to be true than Ahsoka Tano is apparently stronger than some of the best masters in the Order. "***?" Not to mention the fact that he got knocked on his "shiny metal ***" by a rogue apprentice of Dooku's who failed to defeat the same young Padawan or any Jedi of significance.

SWTCW portrays him as a coward who will never fight unless he has troops to save his skin, it differs vastly from the 2003 Death Machine who would relish in the chance to take on a Squad of Jedi alone.

My favorite Star Wars villain reduced to nothing more than an oversized, four-armed, light saber wielding "Tarro Blood".

Edited by Neltronluur

When did Tano beat him? She held him off long enough to only run away, I don't recall her beating him. But then again, its been a long time so my memory is fuzzy though I do recall that she ran away from him.

Notice I did not say "BEAT HIM" I said he "FAILED TO DEFEAT HER" in all rights she should have been dead after the first wave of attacks if you were to pit her against 2003 and 2005 Grievous.

Star Wars Episode III (2005): Grievous makes his first appearance as a live-action character and is the individual responsible for the brilliant surprise attack on Coruscant and the one responsible for the abduction of Chancellor Palpatine. After the Chancellor is rescued and the Republic finally manages to turn the tide he falls back to his main staging point on Utapau where he later duels with and is defeated my Obi-wan Kenobi. He is portrayed as a ruthless commander who cares nothing for the lives of others and has anger management issues. (Not so Wow but man I love how evil this guy is!)

Not to steal your thunder, but I am 99% certain that Chancellor Palpatine (aka Emperor Palpatine) is the one who is responsible for his own abduction. But what do I know.

Also, with regards to Tano, she has a habit of surviving onslaughts from enemies geared more for Yoda without a single scratch or bruise, while those around her all die.

Edited by XantosCledwin

Notice I did not say "BEAT HIM" I said he "FAILED TO DEFEAT HER" in all rights she should have been dead after the first wave of attacks if you were to pit her against 2003 and 2005 Grievous.

she wasnt alone.... on both ocasions. The first one if i recall correctly she run and hide while Grivieus later on did go doing sometinge else, meaning she had a diverson.

On the second time, she barely hold her own if werent for the other younglings and Ondo firing at GG from a starship none the less.

I think you are all over reacting.

Ashoka also not only is padawan of the chosen one, but she also grew up alot and learned alot.

And ventress to not be able to beat him it would be very odd.

Edited by Spartanik

she wasnt alone.... on both ocasions. The first one if i recall correctly she run and hide while Grivieus later on did go doing sometinge else, meaning she had a diverson.

On the second time, she barely hold her own if werent for the other younglings and Ondo firing at GG from a starship none the less.

I think you are all over reacting.

Ashoka also not only is padawan of the chosen one, but she also grew up alot and learned alot.

And ventress to not be able to beat him it would be very odd.

Ahsoka is the Padawan of Anakin Skywalker, yes. But she has been for most of the first couple of seasons, even more rash and unruly than Anakin himself is (and thats saying something since it was Anakin who ran in and slaughtered an entire tribe of Sand People before he even met her).

That said, she unlike Anakin (at least until Episode 6) managed to experience the Dark Side, and resist it's lure. Something that is exceedingly rare among the Jedi. Though she did have help with that via the Daughter.

Edited by XantosCledwin

yes he does became a less formidable opponent as the clone wars go on, but i dont think it is because the clone wars portray him badly, but because they have got used him. yes in the 2003 clone wars they got thrown about , but that would of been the first time anyone of would of fought a person with four light sabers with the maneuverability grievous had. then in the fight at the end of the 2003 series he had lots of magna guards to help hold off the other Jedi when he went after shakk ti who also was trying to protect palatine.

to be honest i think tcw portray him very accurately as he very rarely had any magna guards to help him and people would of learned how o deal with his style of light saber combat, and dont forget that in ep 3 they did mention that "grievous is a coward and will run and hide like he always does"