Jugg or Mara as DPS on PVP? (2.0 input appreciated as well)

Dio_Ymdar

I know this has been asked a million times before, but I couldn't find an answer (or a thread) on the first 3 pages of the boards.

So I want to pvp heavily, and I want to be in a dps role in any given situation. If we look at jugg or mara, which one should I choose? Also, is 2.0 going to provide significant changes for any of the answers you'll hopefully give me? :)

Note: I have a lvl50 guardian dps who I think is somewhat weaker in pve than sentinels and much weaker in pvp, despite the interrupts and defensive stuff.

Jugg hits harder in skilled hands....

But if you want just two-button spec to do more than average total damage - roll Mara..

Untrue, given the conditions are the same the Mara will always top DPS.

With that said, Jug is really good all around and unstoppable alone make this class the best frontline melee.

You're at a cross road. Now your choices are which one has the best armor style(according to you) and do you want to straight melt faces, or just torture em to death.

I'd say pick one and stick to it, you'll never make a decision if you try to balance out the pros and cons.

either.

if you are good and smart, you will hit hard. jugg has more tools to control (push, aoe slow), while mara have more 'last resort survival' skills (undying and cloack).

melting people in carnage while they ignored you (since you are not a smasher) is funny.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.