Grade 7 Starship Upgrades and 2.0

Brewnian

Due to double exp weekends, I've managed to level up a couple of alts to 50 before Makeb hits. I am curious if I should bother with spending the Cartel Coins or in game credits to acquire Grade 7 upgrades or wait.

They are quite costly, and I am worried that Rank 8 upgrades are only a few weeks away. Anyone in the know that could fill me in, or offer a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it.

Personally, I wouldn't. Most upgrades can be bought with credits instead of Cartel coins off the GTN. I'd get some of the most important ones (Armor, lasers, maybe shields and concussion missiles). The Improved EMP blast can be had for 100 daily comms, too. I enjoy space missions, but only bought one set of grade 7 parts when they came out. The rest of my alts make do with a mix of grades 5-7 and its definitely viable. Some of the harder missions (Looking at you, Thanium Disruption) might be a bit of a headache but if space isn't a priority for you then it's not a problem. And if it is, just buy all the parts. Maybe buy one with cartel coins and the rest off the GTN.

As a sidenote, the grade 7 beam charger is currently bugged. It actually makes your lasers worse (like a lot worse. 30 damage instead of 200) So just buy the grade 5 beam charger instead for now, which is fine.

They aren't coming in 2.0 if thats what you're asking. Could be as soon as 2.1 though, but nobody knows.

They won't come until more new space missions do though, pointless to add them now when they wouldn't be necessary. We do know at least one new space mission is in Soon™ status though (but it has been since last E3, derp).

Thanks for the info. I noticed the other thread about the broken blasters and worried people would think my thread was being passive-aggressive.

Space missions are actually one of my favorite parts of the game. I think they are an awesome distraction and mini-game. I want the top tier of ship gear, but it is costly enough that if it's going to be replaced soon I'd rather not burn the effort.