I can't catch everyone online at the same time

Sixthy

Without trying to make some dramatic exit, I did at least want to say goodbye to all my friends past and present that may still be lingering around the forums, and to the ones that I can't ever seem to catch online. I've been playing on The Harbinger since day 1 of release and have been through all of its ups and downs. I miss the original pvp crews that ran things back in the day (Afflicted and the original Deadweight, the fantastic original pvp guilds on the Imp side, the original YES line up, Jawhorse's crew, Nine and Vitesse and their crew, etc). Some great memories from original Ilum.

To the original ranked teams and competition on the server, it was a pleasure. After all the trash talk and everything else, in the end I feel like the majority of us came to respect one another. A special thank you to Ascendancy - namely Naena, Sorey, Val, Vanq, Smurf, Aerico, Agapex, Lanafear, Luigi, Chrys, Tuloc and of course Tai - for always being around to keep us on our toes, give us competition and in the end create a wonderful ranked atmosphere that I highly doubt existed on any other server (during the time that I'm speaking of). I can't really say much about the current atmosphere as I slowly stepped away from everything due to a lack of enjoyment on a personal level for the current ranked scene. Competition is fun, but it's more fun when you're playing with people that you really know and have a great synergy with, and sadly the majority of my original crew quit.

However, a special thank you to Nello, Deltus and a few others (Willie and Myx, etc) for stepping up and maintaining some sort of roster while a lot of people bailed on you guys. Regardless of anything that's going on right now, I respect you guys fully for doing that, as it would have been easy to tuck tail and step away from it altogether.

To the newer faces in the ranked scene, you guys are awesome. Lukewarm Tauntauns, you guys are amazing and it was humbling playing against your team - I have nothing but respect for every person on your team. To the original members of Ascendancy still playing (and those that quit), I hope to see most of you again in the future in other games. To the newer members, please try to keep in mind that the reputation the original team built was based off of a mutual respect and a display of pure skill. Words weren't necessary, trolling wasn't necessary, their actions spoke clearer than any forum post ever could, and the reputation you carry forward is and forever will be based off of a legacy that you had zero part in creating, so try to keep that in mind as you attempt to make a name for yourself in 2.0 and beyond.

Anyways, I know most of this wasn't necessary, but I've been playing on this server since release, have made plenty of friends and plenty of enemies, and it's impossible to catch everyone to say a quick goodbye in game, so I figured I'd say goodbye here. :) I'll be playing a few other games casually and with friends. I go by Rokuthy, Sixthy or Gev in pretty much every game I play, so if you happen to be playing some other game and see me, say hi! And lastly - to my favorite person on the server - I promise I'll miss you even though you hate me (you know who you are and you better think of me every time you play a game on Novarie Coast).

Rowling is awful. See ya Harbinger.

Edited by Sixthy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I heard that Tauntauns were a bunch of ***** talken scrubs, not some nice loving team that only took member with 10 inch soft dyuks... And didnt you hear that the best PVP guild is a Pub guild stankin it up ervurywur. And to quote none other than myself "I have no idea who you are" but I will miss you. Edited by Sheemie

:(

Hopefully will see you around somewhere, playing you guys back then was the most fun I've had in SWTOR. I haven't really done much RWZ's since those teams fell apart, I'm kind of in the same situation where I haven't really been enjoying it as much lately.

Any idea what you're planning on playing next? Maybe we'll all get to kill each other again in WIldstar! :p

Man I play almost everything at least for a while to kill time - when I took my break from SWTOR originally I was playing FF14 1.0 (which was god awful, but 1.23 was pretty fun), those servers were pulled and they're reinventing the game basically as A Realm Reborn - I've been playing that Alpha and Beta off and on for a while now and that will be my next full time game. In between now and then I'm going to be playing WoW since I skipped MoP and then Neverwinter when that comes out, but I'll be quitting both of those for FF14:ARR. I might check out anything else in between as well.

I'll miss you guys though, SWTOR PvP was a blast for a while, I actually enjoyed it more than the peak of WoW Arena (close, but the larger teams were actually fun). Also to be clear, I'm not quitting SWTOR because I think it's garbage or anything, or think the new teams are lackluster, it's just simple burnout coupled with the fact that the dudes I've played games with for the last 10 years have all quit, and my core group of SW buds quit long ago as well, so time for me to move on too.

And damn that alt, Stingray, haha. See ya bud.

Edited by Sixthy

:(

Any idea what you're planning on playing next? Maybe we'll all get to kill each other again in WIldstar! :p

Whut? I have some friends waiting for that to come out. I signed up for the Beta, looks cute! Darc said he wouldn't play it with me though. /sadcheeks

Oh, and goodbye Rokuthy.

And lastly - to my favorite person on the server - I promise I'll miss you even though you hate me (you know who you are and you better think of me every time you play a game on Novarie Coast).

Somehow you always manage to piss me off. This is no exception.

You know I love you and would have your babies if it were at all possible. You can message me if you want my email...even though I hesitate to give it to you since I know you'll just track me down so we can get rid of all of this- pulsating, twisted pretzal, hot and bendy monkey sex- sexual tension we have between us. ;)

I will actually miss you.

Jerk.

<3

Edited by Mackeyla

Whut? I have some friends waiting for that to come out. I signed up for the Beta, looks cute! Darc said he wouldn't play it with me though. /sadcheeks

Oh, and goodbye Rokuthy.

Darc will come play, he has nothing better to be doing! Warplots look like they could be fun. Their trailers so far are epic.

You're asking me to take it upon myself to look it up? And like have to type a whole word into a search thinggy and look at trailers all by myself?

You sadden me.

Give me all the details right here. Right now.

:D

It's really cartoony, but it looks like fun. The Warplots for guilds looks pretty spiffy. And there's player housing. Beta isn't out yet, but you should sign up!

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/media/videos/

Watch the fourth video, it's adorable.

Darc will come play, he has nothing better to be doing! Warplots look like they could be fun. Their trailers so far are epic.

Did you read the article saying that it was the first time in twenty years of making video games that the employee had to cut portions of the trailers, because the professional voice over actor kept bursting out into laughter? Hahaha

I've never really been big into housing, but their housing and warplots look awesome. The housing trailer is awesome as well. They are doing a lot of cool things with it, and I like the style and races so far. No clue what side I will end up on.