Gearing up for PvE in patch 2.0

InfamousTrigz

Gearing up Now

* Reach Level 50

* Claim your set of Tionese Gear (Given to all level 50's)

* Do HM Flashpoints and SM Ops to get Columi Gear

* Do HM EV/KP and SM EC/TFB to get Rakata Gear

* Do HM EC and weekly's for Black Hole coms / campaign gear

You get the Idea ... I Know how to gear up now. How should I expect to Gear up when 2.0 drops ???

Gearing up in 2.0

* Reach level 55

as you can See im not sure how to gear up. When you hit level 55 you get a starter PvE set of gear? If not what do you get. What operations do you do to get the better gear? What are the names of the New gear?

All Info Helps :)

Edited by InfamousTrigz

Gearing up Now

* Reach Level 50

* Claim your set of Tionese Gear (Given to all level 50's)

* Do HM Flashpoints and SM Ops to get Columi Gear

* Do HM EV/KP and SM EC/TFB to get Rakata Gear

* Do HM EC and weekly's for Black Hole coms / campaign gear

You get the Idea ... I Know how to gear up now. How should I expect to Gear up when 2.0 drops ???

Gearing up in 2.0

* Reach level 55

as you can See im not sure how to gear up. When you hit level 55 you get a starter PvE set of gear? If not what do you get. What operations do you do to get the better gear? What are the names of the New gear?

All Info Helps :)

Have you ever played an mmo before? If you do then you know what to expect.

Its the same as in the beginning of ToR

Questrewards

Craftitems

normal Dungeons / daily Rewards

Heroic Dungeons

Operations

..with PvP on the sdeline to fill in eventual gaps

Just like it always was, like it is and ike it always will be in every mmo ever made.

Just like it always was, like it is and ike it always will be in every mmo ever made.

Some impressive powers of clairvoyance you have there.

Otherwise, yes, most likely we won't get any free gear and will just have to gear up the same way we do while leveling. (Quest rewards, crafting, GTN, Flashpoints/Operations etc.)

Some impressive powers of clairvoyance you have there.

Thats because it works, its fun and the players want it this way. So far no one has ever come up with another kind of progression without losing most of is players.

As you see in Guild Wars 2, people dont care about fluff only without actual character-progression.

Thats because it works, its fun and the players want it this way. So far no one has ever come up with another kind of progression without losing most of is players.

As you see in Guild Wars 2, people dont care about fluff only without actual character-progression.

I never said it didn't work, whether it's fun is subjective and I doubt all player want it this way, but claiming that it's always going to be so for certain is... daring, to put it mildly.

As for GW2, yes, first people were complaining that there's no end-game and now another group of players is complaining about the gear grind. Without knowing the exact numbers of either group and active player base etc., it's very difficult to come to conclusions.

That said, I don't doubt that MMOs will always need some sort of element players can work towards and gear is a relatively simple solution for that.