Unfreindly / unreasonable people

Satariel

So, whats with all the nerds getting butt hurt about new 50's just starting to gear up in random warzones? We all started some where, and there is no reason to make a fuss about new 50's in warzones trying to get their gear. I don't wanna see this games community go down the toilet like WoWs did. It

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a bit unfair/unreasonable to assume all fresh 50's in recruit gear are n00bs and don't know their class or the WZ's.

The only point I can empathize with is the thought that they are power leveled 50's and didn't take the time to level up and learn their class/rotation. I'm sure this has less to do with you personally than it has to do with the guilty by association mantra. They were probably in 5 straight losing WZ's where the common denominator was recruits that didn't use their CC's, didn't stop caps and seeming didn't really know their class. This wasn't so much of a problem pre-double XP and rarely heard those types of comments.

Edited by Ridickilis

Welcome to the internet and online gaming, unfortunately. Lots of players have no tolerance or patience for anyone that slows down their button-mashing pelet reward intake. The good news is everything resets in a few weeks so "who started playing when" won't be as relevant.

I hear you OP. I just wish folks could be a better sport about PvP. You lose sometimes. Move on to the next game. I wonder sometimes how many of these folks played sports in school. One year I was on the Citywide Champion Football team and that same year was on the Baseball team with the lowest record in our league. It was an education. :D Edited by Master-Nala

On my server it seems like everyone on the Republic side went "WooHoo, Double XP, time to level alts and play warzones at 50!"

whereas everyone on the imp side went, "WooHoo, Double XP, time to farm all the new recruits on our min-maxed toons to make our epeens larger!"

So, whats with all the nerds getting butt hurt about new 50's just starting to gear up in random warzones? We all started some where, and there is no reason to make a fuss about new 50's in warzones trying to get their gear. I don't wanna see this games community go down the toilet like WoWs did. It

I completely respect that people have to start somewhere, but there's no system at all on PvP on this game that actually matches similarly geared players. So much so that you'll often find 3-4 fresh 50s on your team versus a full premade complete with tanks, heals and DPS and not just a random bunch of people trying to solo defend a node in recruit or carry the ball in the pit tank specced with 15k hp.

I really don't mind having fresh 50s on my team, but when I enter a warzone knowing I'm going to lose, it doesn't make the game enjoyable.

There's this thing called legacy gear. It's pretty cheap these days.

Did you know you could more effectively gear up new 50's by using your well geared existing characters to do so?

On top of this, many of you suck in your good gear, much less bad recruit gear.

There is zero reason to not have 1100 expertise and partially augmented gear the first day you step into your first 50 WZ. You're either lazy, stupid, or just enjoy being an albatross to your teammates. Maybe all three.

Sure, there's about 5-10% of players out there STILL on their first PvP 50. I get that - you guys are exempted from this commentary. Vast minority though

I just leveled a vanguard to 50. I'm gearing him via my sniper. It's the right thing to do for my teammates in warzones.

Did you know you could more effectively gear up new 50's by using your well geared existing characters to do so?

There is zero reason to not have 1100 expertise and partially augmented gear the first day you step into your first 50 WZ. You're either lazy, stupid, or just enjoy being an albatross to your teammates. Maybe all three.

Sure, there's about 5-10% of players out there STILL on their first PvP 50. I get that - you guys are exempted from this commentary. Vast minority though

I just leveled a vanguard to 50. I'm gearing him via my sniper. It's the right thing to do for my teammates in warzones.

This^^

Also when you hit lvl 40 (assuming you pvp during lvling to learn the basics of your class) you should be at 40 valour. Start converting your wz comms to ranked ones, and when you hit 50 you can have full WH gear waiting for you.

Getting in WZ's these days in full recruit gear with 14-15k morale is a joke. You are basically a burden to your teammates and can offer NOTHING. Thats why pretty much every serious player that goes in WZ's solo will immediate leave if more than 2-3 players are on full recruit.

This^^

Also when you hit lvl 40 (assuming you pvp during lvling to learn the basics of your class) you should be at 40 valour. Start converting your wz comms to ranked ones, and when you hit 50 you can have full WH gear waiting for you.

What if people don't want to PvP that much?

I was in a Civil War. Right out the gate, four of our team went camping at snow and stayed there for most of the match. When two got kicked, the other two decided to go do something, and I took over guarding it. We lost horribly, though.

But then, next game in Huttball, those two that remained were in my team again. I figured what the hell, there's no node for them to camp in Huttball so I'll stick around and see what happens. They were stealthed in the perfect place for a pass damn near every time I picked up the ball. I only had one failed pass where they didn't come out of sneak, after which I informed them of their error. It was smooth sailing from there. We crushed the other team, and those two players got 6 of the votes.

I guess ya just never know.

Edited by Arlanon

Well. I currently have 2 accounts full of toons all on the one server, I swap characters A LOT and all I really do is PvP, so I'm always strapped for credits. I need to run daillys in order to afford augments. The black hole dailly alone only pays for 1 augment which already takes 30 mins or so. Not everyone plays for a long period of time each day, so saying that everyone should have 1.1k expertise and augmented gear on the same day they hit 50 is not the case at all.

If you are working on your first 50 then I can kind of have sympathy towards not having a clue but information on working towards getting ready for 50 pvp is everywhere. I loath the player that has a valor level of like 4 in a mix of recruit and other crap gear, queues for a warzone upon hitting 50 and comes to the forums to complain on how unfair everything is. There is no real reason on not being able to at least have a few pieces of war hero gear and if you have at least one 50 you in theory could be fully min/maxed when you hit 50 (I was on mah jug).

All this is quite irrelevant with the new bolster system coming out and the removal of recruit gear since they are bolstering off of gear and not the level.

To get to valour 40 when you hit lvl 40, you need to play MAX 2 wz's per level... How's that 'much' ?

You can't expect to learn how to pvp with your class when you hit 50

Your missing the point. No everyone wants to do even 2 WZs a day. Its definitely more than 2 WZ per day I think anyways.

Your missing the point. No everyone wants to do even 2 WZs a day. Its definitely more than 2 WZ per day I think anyways.

I don't have the numbers in front of me but I believe it's 6500 valor per rank until rank 50. At 2700ish per win it's like 3-4 max with a loss or two mixed in.

I'm pulling numbers out my backside based on memory, but I think I'm close. It just always seems after 3 matches I'm valor capped till my next level.

Edited by Ridickilis

Well then it is complettely the player's fault and he should stop crying on how hard things are for him...

This is an MMOrpg. You can't expect to be on par or even compete with players that have 5000 WZ's experience, while you have less than 50...

I'm not trying to be elitist or anything, I was also terribad when i started pvp'ing, but instead of crying on the forum, i started grinding...

Well. I currently have 2 accounts full of toons all on the one server, I swap characters A LOT and all I really do is PvP, so I'm always strapped for credits. I need to run daillys in order to afford augments. The black hole dailly alone only pays for 1 augment which already takes 30 mins or so. Not everyone plays for a long period of time each day, so saying that everyone should have 1.1k expertise and augmented gear on the same day they hit 50 is not the case at all.

Of course, everyone is welcome to play how they choose.

However, my commentary is still true. You are simply an albatross to your warzone groups due to your gearing situation, that's all. It is what it is. I suppose in your case, at least you'd have working knowledge of all of your opponent's classes/specs, that comes in handy...and why i've begun 3 alts in the past few weeks. Yay for double exp weekends, I'm using them while I can! Still, I have no intention of PvPing with all of my characters...or really doing anything post 50 with them.

Like you, my time in game is moderatley limited...I'll pick two guys to get to 55 and gear up...and then in a few months I'll expand from there.

Edited by islander

This^^

Getting in WZ's these days in full recruit gear with 14-15k morale is a joke. You are basically a burden to your teammates and can offer NOTHING. Thats why pretty much every serious player that goes in WZ's solo will immediate leave if more than 2-3 players are on full recruit.

Hmm I got to 50 and I've got 17k with recruit gear.Someone isn't playing with a full deck.Ill double check though.

Many of you are willfully ignoring the fact that even being in half augmented warhero and half recruit is still a major handicap.

In other words, even though 2.0 is coming soon and this discussion is basically moot, many of you would not sound like such jerks if you would admit that there is a gear gap that is too big, that Bioware should have done something about it a long time ago (ideally before they implemented it...), and that not everyone has exactly the same playstyle as you, so they won't all grind out pvp sets on alts.

Instead you would rather roflstomp recruits, and because you know this is unfair, you blame the victim to make yourself feel better.