Sandbox us

Hialot

Very simple! open all planets to all faction, chat also. there is already in game to set weather you recently been exposed to possible threat. stay on the fleet long enough and you no longer attackable.

For all you whiners ************ about being ganked the answer to that also is simple, drop 50 champ npc''s double what is in a curent base. Step away from your base to far and your overt again and attackable.

By doing just as i suggested will explode open world pvp and interaction with all players...

Uh ....

... when I say I want 'sandbox' content, I just kinda mean the avenue of gameplay in Swtor (where I spent a lot of time just decorating my house, making my vendor presentable, checking out other people's homes). It's the kind of thing I do now all the time in game (collect armor looks, color unify them in fun ways, run around showing them off and inspecting other people).

I didn't mean this. This is a horrible idea.

Seems like 100 people got at least 90 definitions of "sandbox".

To me, a sandbox game - compared to a Themepark game - is offering a player wide freedom in what they want to do, without more than the smallest guide as to where to go. A sandbox game also allows players to create content or at least got large scale reusable content, that groups of players can rely on for months and years.

EVE online for example is a sandbox game, as there are no levels and the main content is letting the players do, what they like, with gigantic areas being completely under player control.

SWG was a sandbox game (prior to NGE) as it was also level-less and allowed players to build own cities and even create quest content for each other.

the main factor of a game being sandbox is by not having an item spiral where the main focus of the game lies in getting equipment in order to get more equipment. As such I personally see sandbox games as more skill based than item based.

Being able to destroy the environment got nothing to do with being sandbox, by my own definition.

That and knowing gamers, within a week every planet would be a crater filled wasteland by the end of the first day if they introduced destructible terrain and buildings into a persistent world.

That and knowing gamers, within a week every planet would be a crater filled wasteland by the end of the first day if they introduced destructible terrain and buildings into a persistent world.

I always hated crashing/running into Player Houses, Player Cities, Abandon Player Houses and whatnot when making the journey from Theed to either the Lake Retreat, Karen, or even Kadaara and trying to attack MOBs.

Here's a fun exercise: How many Lvl10 players does it take to kill a single PvP-geared Lvl50 player?

Does 40 sound too low?

And even then, those 40 better spread out, because they'll be one-shotted by any of a dozen different AoE attacks from a Lvl50.

There are dozens of reasons why this idea is stupid, this, however, is the easiest to explain. With completely unrestricted travel, a single Lvl50 player could make the starter planets nearly unplayable for the entire population. Without Lvl50 champ guards gating every single quest area, it would become a killing field where the L50 is all-but-untouchable.

I remember going to Tatooine for datacrons with one of my PvPing Lvl50 Juggernauts. A group of three Republic players jumped me (probably before checking my level). Jaesa killed one of them before I managed to put her on passive (I wanted to give them a chance to walk away). They kept fighting. They were all dead in a dozen seconds, and I took no damage. And that was Tatooine. What do you think Tython would have been like?