Bastion or Harbinger for Rateds?

iheartnyc

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would just post real quick and give the OP some info on the ranked scene on harbinger. Currently there are two teams that consistently do ranked and they are Lukewarm Tauntauns and Squirtle Squad/Ascendancy. There are about 4 or 5 other teams that join in when they can but they don't usually stick around very long after losing a couple and they tend to try and queue when one of the above mentioned teams aren't queuing.

Anyways back to yo smack talk! Party on Wayne.

This is a relatively good summary of the ranked scene, at this very moment. A lot of players are coming back for 2.0, mumble has been seeing them come in, friends list etc. Everyone is leveling their alts (trying to find new FOTM's, I suppose) as well so right now I've only been in 10 RWZ' in the last week. We do kickball on imp side pretty much every night aside from Double XP weekends, and sometimes during kickballs just run silly stuff (my favorite was the no bubble stun, no smash' we ran the other day with 3 healers per team).

The ranked scene, when the top 2-3 teams are queuing is competitive, games are always close and tight. Maybe before 2.0 comes out I'll try to convince ascendancy/squirtle and Lukewarm Tauntauns to stream a few matches. As great as the PTS rateds were, I can confidently say that no team was quite as good as the full 8 man tauntaun team is, playing against them has resulted in quite literally the most exciting and fast paced games I've ever been in SWTOR PvP and I want you APAC guys who are coming over to see that.

This is a relatively good summary of the ranked scene, at this very moment. A lot of players are coming back for 2.0, mumble has been seeing them come in, friends list etc. Everyone is leveling their alts (trying to find new FOTM's, I suppose) as well so right now I've only been in 10 RWZ' in the last week. We do kickball on imp side pretty much every night aside from Double XP weekends, and sometimes during kickballs just run silly stuff (my favorite was the no bubble stun, no smash' we ran the other day with 3 healers per team).

The ranked scene, when the top 2-3 teams are queuing is competitive, games are always close and tight. Maybe before 2.0 comes out I'll try to convince ascendancy/squirtle and Lukewarm Tauntauns to stream a few matches. As great as the PTS rateds were, I can confidently say that no team was quite as good as the full 8 man tauntaun team is, playing against them has resulted in quite literally the most exciting and fast paced games I've ever been in SWTOR PvP and I want you APAC guys who are coming over to see that.

having top guilds being bad guilds isnt competitive just fyi

just go watch any stream where a high rated guild, not on the bastion, is playing and its clear. their games are uncoordinated cluster****s and these 3500 teams would get bodied by all 4 rated guilds on the bastion. the highest level of play that exists in this game is on the bastion and it isnt even close. probably around 17 out of 20 of the best swtor players in the world are on the bastion. nearly every other server is a joke and no other server plays at the level this one does (in rateds).

its hey im nostrum now :p

Sure it isn't <Hey I'm Nostra>? :p

just go watch any stream where a high rated guild, not on the bastion, is playing and its clear. their games are uncoordinated cluster****s and these 3500 teams would get bodied by all 4 rated guilds on the bastion. the highest level of play that exists in this game is on the bastion and it isnt even close. probably around 17 out of 20 of the best swtor players in the world are on the bastion. nearly every other server is a joke and no other server plays at the level this one does (in rateds).

but but but but but.... :(

The Bastion has been exciting RWZ wise recently. Hakuna Rakata has been queueing as we communicate with some MVP or Into the Darkness folks. They either queue up or form an imp coalition team. Props for working across guild lines.

One major thing to point out: when a team keeps losing on the bastion, THEY DO NOT STOP QUEUEING after just 1-2 games. Unlike what the Harbringer has reported about themselves. Hakuna (republic guild) wants to have fun as we get better. Seems like Into the Darkness (imp guild) have a similar philosophy.

The two larges pvp guilds on both sides are showing that they are resilient even when facing the best pvp guilds in the game. W/o a doubt, The Bastion is where Rateds are at for all levels of play.

Man, I don't think ANYONE takes RWZ as seriously as this guy.

And I play with Kand and Ryere, that's saying something.

You are kidding me? You are a god damn child. You say one thing and do another. First you care and now you are like well you take rwz so serious? You were the one that started to take this all serious by posting saying you are the best. This just shows how intelligent you are.

You are kidding me? You are a gosh darn child. You say one thing and do another. First you care and now you are like well you take rwz so serious? You were the one that started to take this all serious by posting saying you are the best. This just shows how intelligent you are.

1) Megatf isn't from either Bastion or Harbinger, so in the argument of which destination server is best between the two, any opinions I have about him are irrelevant.

2) I play RWZ seriously enough to be competitive, but not so seriously that I'm going to start keeping a close detailed time log of every RWZ game and character spec that happens.

3) The aforementioned log that I was talking about has nothing to do with Bastion teams, as they were between POT5 and Harbinger.

4)

Edited by Morde_

3) The aforementioned log that I was talking about has nothing to do with Bastion teams, as they were between POT5 and Harbinger.

You leave me no choice...

Would like to hear thoughts from people who do rateds. A bunch of APAC players are trying to decide where to transfer their toons and some of us would like to do so in the most competitive PVP enviornment.

I've heard that Bastion was best for PVP which is why I rerolled, but others are telling me that the top-end Harbinger players beat the top-end Bastion players on the PTS. Would appreciate any additional details (or you can go directly to the Master Dar'nala forum and respond to that thread), either in the form of guild names and/or screen shots or streams, and this would really help us in making a more informed decision.

PoT5

Boom, done. :cool:

Edited by Thurinlore

I'll be the first person from <mvp> to admit that <Casual> played a lot better (and is probably better) than we did on the PTS.

In the 4 games that we played against you guys, we had one lucky win on a CW. I say lucky because you guys definitely outkilled us at the midfight, we just happened to get a fluke wipe. 2 of our 3 losses we had a DC, though I would still argue that you guys would have won the game even if we didn't DC. (I think that the Hypergate could have gone either way at the point of the DC, but again I'd still give you the edge. Maybe Megatf can look at the stream to see what the score was when Kand DC'ed if he cares that much).

The things I've said in this thread pertain to the the thread title:

"Bastion or Harbinger for Rateds"

I've heard that Bastion was best for PVP which is why I rerolled

I'm pretty certain that we ended up with a positive record against Harbinger.

I know you guys chose Harbinger for the population, but even with a smaller population I'm sure that Bastion has a better competitive scene.

In regards to Bastion vs. Harbinger, I would definitely think Bastion.

In regards to POT5 vs. Bastion vs. Harbinger, I would argue POT5 performed better based on what we saw.

Everyone all happy that I cleared that up? This is about the APAC transfer so I'm not entirely sure why POT5 keeps trying to make everything about them..

Edited by Morde_

I'll be the first person from <mvp> to admit that <Casual> played a lot better (and is probably better) than we did on the PTS.

In the 4 games that we played against you guys, we had one lucky win on a CW. I say lucky because you guys definitely outkilled us at the midfight, we just happened to get a fluke wipe. 2 of our 3 losses we had a DC, though I would still argue that you guys would have won the game even if we didn't DC. (I think that the Hypergate could have gone either way at the point of the DC, but again I'd still give you the edge. Maybe Megatf can look at the stream to see what the score was when Kand DC'ed if he cares that much).

The things I've said in this thread pertain to the the thread title:

"Bastion or Harbinger for Rateds"

In regards to POT5 vs. Bastion vs. Harbinger, I would argue POT5 performed better based on what we saw.

Everyone all happy that I cleared that up? This is about the APAC transfer so I'm not entirely sure why POT5 keeps trying to make everything about them..

I (I'm pretty sure you noticed) was just trolling and didn't expect a serious reply... but thanks for the props. BTW, 2.0 is unbalancing the game's already unbalanced state; so Casual is kinda gone, me included. Just decided to look at the forums again today :D

Dude, I take forum wars seriously.

MVP is in the same boat, really. Lot of people are just plain burnt out, myself included.

Seems like a lot of people from other servers are leaving, figures that the server that could benefit from a few people quitting isn't really losing players but just gaining more and more.

Harbinger, the crash server.

Everyone all happy that I cleared that up?

No I want more answers.

1. Hair or shaved?

2. Spiderman or Batman?

3. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?

4. Jersey Shore or Honey Boo Boo?

5. White or Wheat?

ps. I got tons more!

pss. Bastion over both servers, Bastion is more live and more populated with better PVP, PO5 has tons of bads and Harbringer isn't even a PVP server.

/fin

1) Megatf isn't from either Bastion or Harbinger, so in the argument of which destination server is best between the two, any opinions I have about him are irrelevant.

2) I play RWZ seriously enough to be competitive, but not so seriously that I'm going to start keeping a close detailed time log of every RWZ game and character spec that happens.

4)

Once again your post shows you are just a bad.

Okay answers are inline:

No I want more answers.

1. Hair or shaved? Shaved

2. Spiderman or Batman? Batman

3. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? HP

4. Jersey Shore or Honey Boo Boo? JS

5. White or Wheat? Wheat

ps. I got tons more!

pss. Bastion over both servers, Bastion is more live and more populated with better PVP, PO5 has tons of bads and Harbringer isn't even a PVP server.

/fin

4)

Oh scold your links always make me roflmfao

http://www.twitch.tv/razgrizthree/b/375801297

there is the stream of all the matches casual played that day. The first 3 games me and thingone weren't playing thermal detonator. We lost to nostra domus, beat uncensored, and lost to you. We swapped to thermal detonator and went undefeated against you for the rest of the day.

Here is the tally of all of casuals matches against all teams on 3/9/13

nostra domas - civil war - 0-190 (loss) - you can verify this loss at 20:56 in the stream.

Uncensored - ancient hypergates - 839 - 609 (win) - you can verify this win at 40:00 in the stream.

the squirtle squad - civil war - 0-150 (loss) - you can verify this loss at 1:25:00 on the stream.

uncensored - huttball - 6-2 (win) - you can verify this win at 1:37:00 on the stream.

the squirtle squad - ancient hypergates - 708-494 (win) - you can verify this win at 1:58:00 on the stream. Kills 31-9 <casual>

the squirtle squad - huttball - 6-1 (win) - you can verify this win at 2:25:15 on the stream. Kills 10-12 <squirtle>

the squirtle squad - ancient hypergates - 684-458 (win) - you can verify this win at 2:51:30 on the stream. Kills were 18-18.

the squirtle squad - huttball - 6-1 (win) - you can verify this win at 3:08:00 on the stream. Kills were 18-5.

the squirte squad - voidstar - 1-0 (win) - you can verify this at 3:24:12. Kills were 32-21 <squirtle> (you beat us in kills because we capped the first door against you at the 4 minute mark and you never got past our first door)

the squirtle squad - ancient hypergates - 680-322 (win) - you can verify this win at 5:22:18 on the stream. Kills were 34-2 <casual>

the squirtle squad - voidstar - 1-0 (win) - you can verify this win at 5:39:30 on the stream. Kills were 28-22 <squirtle> (you beat us in kills because we capped the first door against you guys at over the 5 minute mark and you never got past our first door)

according to the stream of all the ranked matches on that day, final tally against you was 7-1, with you getting one early win against <casuals> first day of rwz matches.

Again i digress, you beat <casual> the very next week one game on voidstar where i played on your team, did the highest damage on your team, and 130k protection. Ballzballzballz did 25k less damage than me and only did a measely 46k protection and he's your best pt. You can verify this win where i carried you here:

1:49:55 second mark.

http://www.twitch.tv/razgrizthree/b/376316759

#bestpyroworld