The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Remove Jawagrams from packs

Callaron

Today I picked up one of the Enforcer's Contraband Packs, and very much to my dismay my "rare" items consisted of a "Credit boom" and of all things, a Jawagram (Keep on partying).

Before this disgrace all of the packs I've bought contained at least one permanent item, even if it was some piece of gear I didn't personally care for - but come on, a useless one time cosmetic clicky as the RARE?

Thank you for ripping off your customers.

Point of Jawagrams is to be the filler waste item that is consumed on use to replace the lightside/darkside eye glows, banners, and what not.

With the very important difference that those were permanent, not a 3 second clicky that works once.

Or am I mistaken there?

I agree with this suggestion, I really think that the cartel packs contain way too many filler items, i'd rather that there weren't so many boosts and materials in the packs, especially when I only buy them to try and get rare items like the outfits.

Such things as XP/Social/ect filler items arent that bad. The problem with Jawagram fillers, is they're taking up rare item space and they're not only a consumable, they're a lousy one. Not to mention for being a rare, I've gotten multiple of them, while I still haven't obtained a Relaxed Jumpsuit Jacket, a COMMON item, that sells like it's RARE! Probably because it's not dropping like it's common!

Such things as XP/Social/ect filler items arent that bad. The problem with Jawagram fillers, is they're taking up rare item space and they're not only a consumable, they're a lousy one. Not to mention for being a rare, I've gotten multiple of them, while I still haven't obtained a Relaxed Jumpsuit Jacket, a COMMON item, that sells like it's RARE! Probably because it's not dropping like it's common!

I suppose the XP Boosts can be useful, but I'd rather not have them if the packs would cost less coins. I whole heartedly agree with the Jawagram situation however, it hasn't happened to me but there is no way that consumables should take up rare item slots in packs.

Simple truth is: they won't remove them from the packs that are already on sale, not even adjust their droprates. Every pack needs its garbage item, so the other items stand out more in rarity and become more desirable.

They can take them out of the next pack though. Replace it with an Ewokgram or something.

Simple truth is: they won't remove them from the packs that are already on sale, not even adjust their droprates. Every pack needs its garbage item, so the other items stand out more in rarity and become more desirable.

They can take them out of the next pack though. Replace it with an Ewokgram or something.

There is garbage and then there is GARBAGE, the Jawas definitely belonging to the latter category - all the previous garbage was at least permanent.

Of course it should come as no surprise that they would lower their standards at the same they introduced a faction that forces you to invest in the packs containing worthless junk if you want to get any reputation with them.

Gotta give it to them, they've really thought about how to rip-off their customers in the most blatant possible fashion.

I understand this, but making rares part of the garbage was a bad idea. I'm getting more bad rares than I'm getting the awesome commons. That's just wrong. :p

Agreed. If it *IS* going to be some kind of consumable... it needs to have value beyond a smile. The valor boosts and various point boosts matter... even if they aren't the ones you want, someone might want them.

Jawagrams? Bleh.

Here's another possible solution, make it so that each time you use one of these Jawagrams you get reputation with the Jawas faction - granted it will take some work for the devs to add rewards for this faction, but I think it would also go a long way towards justifying having these as "rare" rewards.

yes please ... remove these consumables that are useless fluff from the packs.. put them back up on the market for 10cartels and if someone wants to send a jawagram then let them buy it.. Do not put them in my cartel packs as a random rare item.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Support the removal of useless Jawagrams from Cartel Packs!

People don't want to pay for "rares" that last three seconds.