Getting kicked from group

landdon

I've seen a recent trend where people are dropped from heroics or group quests, and a person is dropped based upon choices they make (light or dark). Do you like this trend? I think it's not very fair. It's part of the game, and if you don't like the choice of the person that wins the roll, I think you should just have to accept it. Do you think they will change the ability for leaders to drop individuals from groups based upon choices?

I've not seen this happen but to me it seems silly. It's not like you can't do the Flashpoint again and get the other option. But votekicking for bad reasons has always been around and there isn't any real way to change it. Edited by DJEmpress

I've seen a recent trend where people are dropped from heroics or group quests, and a person is dropped based upon choices they make (light or dark). Do you like this trend? I think it's not very fair. It's part of the game, and if you don't like the choice of the person that wins the roll, I think you should just have to accept it. Do you think they will change the ability for leaders to drop individuals from groups based upon choices?

Never seen this happen, so... has this occurred to you or is it hearsay? How many times has this happened in your presence?

I can say that only your choices matter towards your own Light/Dark points, so dropping people is pointless. You might have to kill more/less trash mobs due to someone's winning choices. Who cares... Dropping people over this means your PUG is full of the unintelligent.

I find this an unlikely thing to be concerned about...

As I understand it (and I could be wrong), the decision that affects your alignment is the choice you make, not the final choice of the group. The actions taken are (obviously) based on who wins the roll, but a group leader who is going Dark would not be affected because the winner chose Light. (The Dark would still get Dark points.)

For what it is worth (which I know is nothing), I disagree with dropping people because of their Light/Dark choices. That said, there's no way to know why a person is dropped from a group, so there is nothing that can be done to stop it.

IMO you should not be able to just kick as group leader without the vote of the other two, once the FP or Heroic has started. (However only give the leader whom formed the group this option)

I've already seen people when I was pugging get kicked for silly reasons. I refuse to not be group leader anymore, just in case.

I rolled on an RP server and while waiting for Esseles grouping I saw some groups forming with the specific goal of doing the dark side options. I am guessing the OP got in one of those without knowing.

Don't really have a problem with people declaring beforehand that they want to see a certain version of the ops, though personally I'd never join them as winning the social rolls is part of the fun.

Haven't seen this happen yet, hope I never do but I don't see much chance of that. It's ridiculous to get upset over someone making a light/dark side choice that goes against your own when you're in a group. The only time it would be understandable is if you have an agreement only to make certain choices and someone goes against this.

If I ever see someone getting kicked due to simply having made a light/dark side choice the leader doesn't agree with that leader is going on my list of people I have no interest playing with.

I had a Hammer Station group where one dude made the Dark Side choice of taking my Cunning/Endurance helm as a JK Sentinel, then rolling Need on an Aim/Endurance Heavy chest that our Vanguard Tank (thankfully) won.

I don't care what you roll on conversations, just don't be a douchebag cause you ran in when I wasn't ready to heal, pulled 2 groups, faceplanted, and *****ed that I'm a bad healer.

• 1 year later...
i just got kicked from the group halfway through Kaon under siege with the only explanation being "Sorry mate, guild decision". Im not sure if this is technical lingo for an acceptable reason or just some BS excuse. either way, i was very angry. is this fair?

We have kicked people (or been very pissed at them) for LS/DS choices they make but not the way I think you mean it.

For example, in a recent Esseles run with three of us guildies and one pug DPS, when you can either vent the engineers or interact with the three computers and kill all that trash, while the convo was playing, we all agreed that we would abstain from the LS/DS choice except one guildy who would take the DS hit and vent the engineers. This would save us from having to kill the trash and activate whatever we have to activate. We all agreed (including the pug). Guildy votes dark side. Pug votes light side and wins then doesn't apologize or anything.

My guildy took the dark side hit for the benefit of the group and we still had to clear the trash and do that whole thing anyway. We didn't kick him, but since the guildy who took the hit was a healer, he didn't get heals. When he pulled aggro, I didn't bother taunting the mob off. Then he was added to three ignore lists after the FP.

So the point is, certain LS/DS choices add time to a run and its usually not something fun to deal with (i.e. more trash to clear). If your group is talking about picking certain conversation options in the interest of shortening a HM and you're ignoring the wishes of a group to do something like what I described above, it makes sense. However, if its a "Wah you picked LS you wuss! /votekick," that's incredibly lame and I would /ignore them for that.

We have kicked people (or been very pissed at them) for LS/DS choices they make but not the way I think you mean it.

For example, in a recent Esseles run with three of us guildies and one pug DPS, when you can either vent the engineers or interact with the three computers and kill all that trash, while the convo was playing, we all agreed that we would abstain from the LS/DS choice except one guildy who would take the DS hit and vent the engineers. This would save us from having to kill the trash and activate whatever we have to activate. We all agreed (including the pug). Guildy votes dark side. Pug votes light side and wins then doesn't apologize or anything.

My guildy took the dark side hit for the benefit of the group and we still had to clear the trash and do that whole thing anyway. We didn't kick him, but since the guildy who took the hit was a healer, he didn't get heals. When he pulled aggro, I didn't bother taunting the mob off. Then he was added to three ignore lists after the FP.

So the point is, certain LS/DS choices add time to a run and its usually not something fun to deal with (i.e. more trash to clear). If your group is talking about picking certain conversation options in the interest of shortening a HM and you're ignoring the wishes of a group to do something like what I described above, it makes sense. However, if its a "Wah you picked LS you wuss! /votekick," that's incredibly lame and I would /ignore them for that.

I think that's complete BS. If you want to set up your own rules with your guildmates then don't run with random people or PUGs. You guys had to clear out a little trash so you pouted and quit tanking and healing? That's pretty lame. Was this person maxed out on DS/LS points? I'm not taking DS/LS points just to help someone save a couple of minutes off the quest time and, guess what, most people aren't maxed out on DS/LS when they hit 50 so there are plenty of people that still need DS/LS points when they start out running HM flashpoints. So trying to force those people to abstain from obtaining those points wouldn't be right.

I'm so tired of these min/max'ers who obsess about their rate of commendations/credits/XP per minute and freak out about spending 90 seconds having to clear out some trash. They join group finder to get the extra loot bonus and then try to impose their own rules and playstyle on PUGs. If they want to do everything their own way, then they should start up their own groups and quit que'ing for PUGs. New people don't learn how to do any of this stuff because they are fast-forwarded through everything. I end up trying to explain to the new person what is going on instead of the guy who has run the thing 1,000 times and knows it like the back of his hand because he's too busy speeding the group past everything and can't be bothered to spend a few seconds typing an instruction to the new person or answering a question.

I rolled on an RP server and while waiting for Esseles grouping I saw some groups forming with the specific goal of doing the dark side options. I am guessing the OP got in one of those without knowing.

Don't really have a problem with people declaring beforehand that they want to see a certain version of the ops, though personally I'd never join them as winning the social rolls is part of the fun.

Esseles I understand.

People do it for the title, but it MUST be declared beforehand.

I'm Dark Side. If you're a goody 2 shoes Republic sympathizer I have every right to kick you. Hell, I should be able to kill you on sight.

:cool:

I like how you imagine your silly RP crap should govern other folks play. Kudos.