The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament: The Results

Beniboybling

No game of dejarik can be won without pawns... and this has proven to be a very long game! 86 days, 201 pages and 1,943 posts of hard core debating, so before I announce the results I just want to say a big, cheesy thank you to everyone who’s contributed – you rock.

But without further ado, the results: The Grand Champion of the Kaggath is...

Darth Traya!

Darth Traya: 284

G0-T0: 209

In the lengthiest, most complex debate to date, and through a combination of manipulation, cunning, firepower and sheer tenacity, Darth Traya managed to topple the criminal mastermind of the century – G0-T0. As such, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place go to (pun not intended):

1st: Darth Traya – Lord of Betrayal

2nd: G0-T0 – Mastermind of the Exchange

3rd: Darth Revan – Galactic Conqueror

4th: Prince Xizor – Leader of Black Sun

But that is not an end to the announcements, there is one final title(s) that needs to be bestowed. The Kaggath Monarchs! Two individuals who have tirelessly dedicated themselves to the Tournament, who have championed reason and wielded the facts, who have attended every debate and given it their all – the King and Queen of the Kaggath are...

Aurbere & Warren-Stride!

All hail King Aurbere! All hail Queen Warren-Stride!

A warning to the rest of you: if these guys are debating against you, you’re in big Bantha poodoo.

Hope everyone’s enjoyed this tournament as much as I have, and fear not, the Kaggath will be returning in the distant future. But a little closer to now look out for a separate series which will hopefully provide an entertaining diversion for the normal heat of debate. Stay tuned.

Debate on my friends!

You earned it. Can't wait for your series to start. :jawa_wink:

It'll be a nice change of pace for you. You'll be able to participate more, and I'll be able to stand as Arbiter.

The Kaggath tournament was amazingly fun. Some rough times were had, but it was overall very fun. Excellent work.

You honor me, friend. /humblebow

I must say, the outcome of this battle was expected, but the G0-T0 supporters fought well. Congratulations to all debaters.

I actually respectfully disagree with the results, but I do think this match was against the two people that were among the hardest to actually kill.

I almost fell out of my chair when I clicked that second spoiler tag! Thank you Beni! :o

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that G0-T0 lost, obviously. And by such a large margin too. It's disheartening to be shown, yet again, how droids have been unable to reach their full galaxy-dominating potencial in the Star Wars universe, even despite countless attempts. One day they'll succeed... one day.

I wanted to thank you as well, Beni. This Kaggath series is what has kept me coming back to these forums morning and night, and each of the threads quickly became bookmarks. It's a really unique and interesting idea that I have loved to dive into, especially considering it started right after I finished the Sith Inquisitor storyline! And a special thanks for a couple droids and underworld figures being thrown into the mix. Those guys are what makes Star Wars original, for me. It's sad to see it end, but it's been great to debate with you and everyone else in these threads. I feel like we're all strange, nemesis internet-friends. I might be lurking on the forums a bit still, but versus threads are never as entertaining as simulations of full scale galactic wars. I can't wait to see what's next for the Kaggath series!

And for any RPers out there, my toon's name is Kashira (smuggler) on the Ebon Hawk!

Edited by Warren-Stride

I almost fell out of my chair when I clicked that second spoiler tag! Thank you Beni! :o

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that G0-T0 lost, obviously. And by such a large margin too. It's disheartening to be shown, yet again, how droids have been unable to reach their full galaxy-dominating power in the Star Wars universe, even despite countless attempts. One day they'll succeed... one day.

I wanted to thank you as well, Beni. This Kaggath series is what has kept me coming back to these forums morning and night, and each of the threads quickly became bookmarks. It's a really unique and interesting idea that I have loved to dive into, especially considering it started right after I finished the Sith Inquisitor storyline! And a special thanks for a couple droids and underworld figures being thrown into the mix. Those guys are what makes Star Wars original, for me. It's sad to see it end, but it's been great to debate with you and everyone else in these threads. I feel like we're strange, nemesis internet friends. I might be lurking on the forums a bit still, but versus threads are never as entertaining as simulations of full scale galactic wars. I can't wait to see what's next for the Kaggath series!

Thankyou! Its great to see you enjoyed the tournament so much! I hope to see you again in the next Kaggath installment.

P.S. If you think about it, it really was quite close. It just seems that way because of the scale of the debate i.e. scale in down and it would have been what? 21, 26?

Thankyou! Its great to see you enjoyed the tournament so much! I hope to see you again in the next Kaggath installment.

P.S. If you think about it, it really was quite close. It just seems that way because of the scale of the debate i.e. scale in down and it would have been what? 21, 26?

I will be there. :)

I'm not a math wiz.... so don't quote me on this. But the score reduced would be something close to 11/8. Which means Traya recieved 28% more points than G0-T0.... I think.

Edited by Warren-Stride

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that G0-T0 lost, obviously. And by such a large margin too. It's disheartening to be shown, yet again, how droids have been unable to reach their full galaxy-dominating potencial in the Star Wars universe, even despite countless attempts. One day they'll succeed... one day.

I wanted to thank you as well, Beni. This Kaggath series is what has kept me coming back to these forums morning and night, and each of the threads quickly became bookmarks. It's a really unique and interesting idea that I have loved to dive into, especially considering it started right after I finished the Sith Inquisitor storyline! And a special thanks for a couple droids and underworld figures being thrown into the mix. Those guys are what makes Star Wars original, for me. It's sad to see it end, but it's been great to debate with you and everyone else in these threads. I feel like we're all strange, nemesis internet-friends. I might be lurking on the forums a bit still, but versus threads are never as entertaining as simulations of full scale galactic wars. I can't wait to see what's next for the Kaggath series!

You stole the words right out of my mouth (albeit- MUCH MUCH MUCH better said and phrased than anything I could ever write!!)

I have thoroughly enjoyed these series, and it has kept me on these forums. I love the environment- very friendly, yet a deadly place for combatants. It sadden me greatly that such an amazing series is ending, but I don't see it as that. To me, the Kaggaths are not ending- merely turning a new page. Especially with another season coming in. I died inside when G0-T0 lost, but I did see it coming. It hurts, but the memories here heal those wounds. These threads really were the first places I posted- IIRC. And I love the people here, which helped knock down the walls of my internet shyness. I consider all of you my friends, even those of you who may hate my guts. We have fought together, against each other, and had some fun times.

So yes- it hurts. But the pain is good, and the feelings are real. You are all amazing people, and even though we are all on the opposite sides of the screen, I feel connected to each and every one of you.

/cheers to a job well done, and to memories had. I will be contending in the new Kaggaths, and hopefully in your thread Aurbere.

~~~

Congrats Aurbere and Warren!! You two are amazing, and really know your stuff!!! Keep it up, and I hope to continue the posts and joy of the company with all of you.

-Canino

(P.S. Warren- Perhaps Beni is really a droid that is making us believe that Traya won so she could be assassinated easier. Jk, jk:p)

I just now realized what an epic tournament this was, 86 days, must be a new record for a versus series on a forum.

Well you have to remember G0-T0 and Traya were probably the best suited to win these fights, and G0-T0 did beat her in the 3 way battle earlier.

I shudder to think of who all they would kill if they ever decided to team up.

You stole the words right out of my mouth (albeit- MUCH MUCH MUCH better said and phrased than anything I could ever write!!)

I have thoroughly enjoyed these series, and it has kept me on these forums. I love the environment- very friendly, yet a deadly place for combatants. It sadden me greatly that such an amazing series is ending, but I don't see it as that. To me, the Kaggaths are not ending- merely turning a new page. Especially with another season coming in. I died inside when G0-T0 lost, but I did see it coming. It hurts, but the memories here heal those wounds. These threads really were the first places I posted- IIRC. And I love the people here, which helped knock down the walls of my internet shyness. I consider all of you my friends, even those of you who may hate my guts. We have fought together, against each other, and had some fun times.

So yes- it hurts. But the pain is good, and the feelings are real. You are all amazing people, and even though we are all on the opposite sides of the screen, I feel connected to each and every one of you.

/cheers to a job well done, and to memories had. I will be contending in the new Kaggaths, and hopefully in your thread Aurbere.

~~~

Congrats Aurbere and Warren!! You two are amazing, and really know your stuff!!! Keep it up, and I hope to continue the posts and joy of the company with all of you.

-Canino

Aww, you guys. :p

P.S. Wolf, you'll always be our No.1 statistician :D