The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My Summer Project (KotOR Revamp)

Brainiacblue

Context: This year I will finish my GCSE's and I get study leave for the duration of my exams, however my exams finish half way through this study leave which backs onto the Summer Holidays. So I was wondering, what will I do in the 12 weeks that I will have?

Take KotOR and put it on the free version of the Unreal 3 game engine. With some basic modding experience of the game and some tutorials on its use, I should be able to complete this project in the 12 week time frame at which point I will release it on Moddb and Filefront for the general populous to use as a minor celebration of KotOR's 10 year annaversary, from a game that gave us the Adventure RPG, complex character modifications, the 2nd best NPC of all time: (according to IGN) HK-47. So as EA gradually makes this game worse with corporate greed, I will give new life to a timeless game from Bioware.

I will give updates as I develop this project

Work due to begin 17 June 2013 - (my last exam is on the 16th)

This weekend I should have some free time on my hands before starting revision, so I will spend that time getting to grips with UdK game engine and making an attempt on constructing the Endar Spire, hopefully I will have some screenshots to show you.

You are a godsend to KotOR fans everywhere.

Yeah, it might actually be better then swtor, the companions make too much of an impact on player performance in combat, which none of their other games did.....not from what i experienced anyway, they should have been there for story reasons, nothing more, thats how i would have done it.

Lies! All lies! :p

Due to Obsidian making some wierd *** rule, kotor 2 cannot be sold via online download, you must find a solid. Copy on eBay/amazon or something.

I'm not sure if you're shopping on the right Steam? They added KotOR ages ago, and the sequel has been on sale for at least a year.

• 1 month later...

I completely forgot about this thread... sorry.

Quick update:

Switched from using UDK to CryEngine's SDK, because it actually works on Windows 7 and is superior in every way.

Creating environments is easy in SDK and I will work out how to post a screenshot so that you can see how the Dune Sea is coming along. Dialogue trees are fairly straightforward and should take a dew days of work to do most of them.

The elephant in the room is modelling (buildings and characters) and animation - both of which I have little experience with but after the 16th June I will have nothing but time for the project. I hope to release a little demo around the start of July that should have a 90% completed Tatooine.

I'm not sure if you're shopping on the right Steam? They added KotOR ages ago, and the sequel has been on sale for at least a year.

My point exactly :p

It went on sale to mark the anniversary a year before my post >.>

But yeh, kotor 1 had been on there for aaggeeesss

• 2 months later...