APAC Server population recovery plan

Yndras

When is it happening?

Buck your idea's up Bioware making us wait and pissing your customers off is bad for your business.

APAC players whining for the last 8 months and doing nothing but continuing to play on APAC servers is doing nothing for you - it's making the community look weak and the developers are taking advantage of your patience. I suggest either reroll on US server or unsubscribe.

APAC players whining for the last 8 months and doing nothing but continuing to play on APAC servers is doing nothing for you - it's making the community look weak and the developers are taking advantage of your patience. I suggest either reroll on US server or unsubscribe.

i cant play on US servers. It makes me too angry.

Its a small community as it is... if everyone leaves they will justify not doing anything about the problem as "not worth the investment."

Its a no win situation.

Edited by Yndras

i cant play on US servers. It makes me too angry.

Its a small community as it is... if everyone leaves they will justify not doing anything about the problem as "not worth the investment."

Its a no win situation.

I would have respected this approach maybe 3-4 months ago. It's been 8 months of saying the same thing and guess what? Bioware hasn't lifted a finger to help us. How long do you plan on waiting around for a solution and getting nothing done on a dead server? Wouldn't you rather reroll, or play another game altogether? You're certaintly not getting any gaming value for your time invested.

I would have respected this approach maybe 3-4 months ago. It's been 8 months of saying the same thing and guess what? Bioware hasn't lifted a finger to help us. How long do you plan on waiting around for a solution and getting nothing done on a dead server? Wouldn't you rather reroll, or play another game altogether? You're certaintly not getting any gaming value for your time invested.

Perhaps they have already reached the above conclusion. I dont feel i need to justify my reasons for still playing to you.

The fact of the matter remains, I am entitled to the same gameplay experience as biowares other customers. And that includes population.

Perhaps they have already reached the above conclusion. I dont feel i need to justify my reasons for still playing to you.

The fact of the matter remains, I am entitled to the same gameplay experience as biowares other customers. And that includes population.

I'm not asking for a justification. I'm just saying that you should reconsider your options at this stage. 8 months is a VERY long time to be holding out.

It's like some girl holding out for the chance that her crush will like her. 8 months later he still hasn't asked her out. Time to move on dear. **** him you deserve better.

Edited by iheartnyc

It's probably the whining more than the playing that's done more damage. And no I don't mean the expressing of concern in general but the attitude that some have taken to their approach of asking for a solution.

It is a balancing act. If we stay it shows there are enough players to warrant Oceanic servers, but at the risk of covering up the problem.

It we leave it shows that there is a problem but at the risk of proving that there is no support for Oceanic servers.

Personally, I was happy to stay and fight for the community we had, but with all the drama going on frankly I've nothing to stay here for anymore except the few people I still enjoy playing with and my lvl 50s... which don't do anything except help others out when needed.

It's probably the whining more than the playing that's done more damage. And no I don't mean the expressing of concern in general but the attitude that some have taken to their approach of asking for a solution.

It is a balancing act. If we stay it shows there are enough players to warrant Oceanic servers, but at the risk of covering up the problem.

It we leave it shows that there is a problem but at the risk of proving that there is no support for Oceanic servers.

Personally, I was happy to stay and fight for the community we had, but with all the drama going on frankly I've nothing to stay here for anymore except the few people I still enjoy playing with and my lvl 50s... which don't do anything except help others out when needed.

I can't believe I'm actually in agreement with you.

There was a time and place for whining, just to make sure the devs knew that there is a demand for Oceanic servers. But after 3 or 4 months of this, really people need to make a choice. They're not fixing APAC anytime soon if ever.

An arrogant, self-centred American!? Unpossible.

200 - 400ms latency is why we don't re-roll on US servers.

Lol I'm actually Korean and live in Korea. Grew up in Japan, Canada, US, Hong Kong and London, but yeah thanks for the racist generalization. Thanks.

God knows there were times when I did wish I was American, given the racism issues there. Never knew I was part of that majority group.

Edited by iheartnyc

An arrogant, self-centred American!? Unpossible.

200 - 400ms latency is why we don't re-roll on US servers.

then die or unsub,

400ms up latency is why asian don't want to play on APAC server,

it is a fake APAC, just for auss.

then die or unsub,

400ms up latency is why asian don't want to play on APAC server,

it is a fake APAC, just for auss.

Seriously, the irony of an Australian calling me self-centered and arrogant when this guy blindly assumes APAC = Australia. Just to remind you, those of us in other APAC countries (Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, among others) had BETTER ping to US servers than to APAC servers. It's probably this arrogance that help drive the massive East Asian/South Asian gaming communities away from APAC to US servers in the first place.

Edited by iheartnyc

Eh if they were targetting an Asian audience they wouldn't of put the server in Australia :rolleyes:

No that's just where they chose to put the server and possibly didn't investigate the latency issues to Asia sufficiently.

APAC does not equal Aussie. We are a region not a country.

I've already said numerous times that if Asia is serious about this game as they are about WoW and other MMOs why don't they partition for a server in Taiwan or Korea or somewhere closer to them. My GM is in Japan and he has all sorts of latency issues playing on the APAC server.

I've already said numerous times that if Asia is serious about this game as they are about WoW and other MMOs why don't they partition for a server in Taiwan or Korea or somewhere closer to them. My GM is in Japan and he has all sorts of latency issues playing on the APAC server.

But then we would have a 1,000 QQ threads about how "Koreans are too OP" and "Koreans need to be nerfed". :p

What really happened to the population in Master Dar'nala actually? When i first got there there was a huge pop within the server and suddenly bang, it's slowly dying(happened sometime during GW2 release i think).

I still have my 2 lvl 50s toon and numerous of alts over there.

Edited by Maxtross

Since the APAC servers were physically located in Australia, initially after these servers were launched there was a big Aussie and Asian population.

APAC servers physically located in Australia comment

However, as time passed, since it was physically located in Australia ( out in the boon docks in terms of world wide Internet connectivity ) , Most of the Asians left because their ping with the servers in the US was far better, and in addition the Aussie population itself fell.

I personally live in Tokyo, Japan, but my ping with the APAC servers were terrible (like 500-1000 latency) so I came back to the US servers which were between 100-400 Latency.

Look at the pic in the following link, it shows the worldwide undersea cables between the countries.

While there are multitudes of connections between the United States and Asia (Japan, Korea, China, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan), the connection between Australia is REALLY THIN.

In terms of Bandwidth, US - Australia is 2 lines of 80-100Gbps, while US - Other Asian countries is a multitude of lines each having a bandwidth of a couple hundred to around 1Tbps (1Tbps = 1000Gbps)

http://ansonalex.com/technology/the-world-map-of-internet-connections/

Personally, I think those of you still playing on these servers who wishes it to flourish again, has to advertise themselves :p

Get your schoolmates, Workmates, Parents, Children, Grandparents :p , some person you met in a Bar to come play Swtor.

Edited by nattodaisuki

What really happened to the population in Master Dar'nala actually? When i first got there there was a huge pop within the server and suddenly bang, it's slowly dying(happened sometime during GW2 release i think).

I still have my 2 lvl 50s toon and numerous of alts over there.

Also, it was never as big as the other servers to begin with.

Edited by iheartnyc

That map, is awesome, and it's more proof that game servers should be located in Perth to optimise both sides. The existing set up probably means it's linking through Guam or it's tunnelling back to Perth then to Asia.

That map, is awesome, and it's more proof that game servers should be located in Perth to optimise both sides. The existing set up probably means it's linking through Guam or it's tunnelling back to Perth then to Asia.

nope, game servers should be located in taipei, hong kong,japan or 上海 according to that map.

nope, game servers should be located in taipei, hong kong,japan or 上海 according to that map.

For Asia yes, not for Australia. It creates the same problem for the people on the good side at the moment